What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Probably. NRS likes being wrong and annoying their fans.

No, the jumps are hard to determine because advantage is different depending how high/low it connects.

Probably. NRS likes being wrong and annoying their fans.

No, the jumps are hard to determine because advantage is different depending how high/low it connects.
What I'm saying is that for one thing, the frame data says that Ji1 has like 29 frames of block advantage. Doesn't really matter how high you land it, your next attack should be all but uninterruptable, but that's not the case--AI Green Lantern can do a 10 frame reversal before any followup that isn't one of Bane's fastest attacks. Meanwhile, even at max height, a JiD3 can be followed by even something as slow as b2 and stuff that same reversal. Something is fishy.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You may have +29 on block, but you have to subtract it out from the landing frames. Since you can't link air into ground without committing, one has to wonder how many frames get lost in translation.

An attack I wanna ask your opinions on RYX (am I doing that right?) is his f.1 as a combo ender. Its basically a higher damage b.21 minus a hit of scaling with the same effect and +7 on block (lengthly start-up, no cancel ability, but safe on block and sets up some sick frame traps with the guard/hit stagger) and to my knowledge it causes the same knockdown as b.21 does. Hits mid so you can use it to tick some stuff out, and it doesn't push them too far per se, you are still in command grab range and the stagger causes some kind of weird things in the opponent. You can buffer out a c.grab and it'll execute as soon as the move is done but on the opponents side its really ambiguous as to when the blockstun ends and they can attack again. If you use this properly it can find some uses in the form of jump-in ticks since people like to duck us, and we can force them into that weird state.

Reactions: RYX
You may have +29 on block, but you have to subtract it out from the landing frames. Since you can't link air into ground without committing, one has to wonder how many frames get lost in translation.
All the same, how does that explain JiD3? Being at a supposed -9 on block, JiD3 should be punishable by Lex's 6f Corps Charge. But it isn't, even at max height. And not only is it not punishable, but you can even stuff Corps Charge by following JiD3 with Bane's jab, even after connecting at absolute maximum height.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I feel like I'm on Bane overload. None of the moves I've been imputing are coming out right. And, on top of that, I can't get close to anyone I'm playing to do any damage. Plus, I feel like his moves are much slower than the past days. That part is in my head though. I'm still going to put a video up on general Bane strategy. It looks like it's time to put together new ideas.

I feel like I'm on Bane overload. None of the moves I've been imputing are coming out right. And, on top of that, I can't get close to anyone I'm playing to do any damage. Plus, I feel like his moves are much slower than the past days. That part is in my head though. I'm still going to put a video up on general Bane strategy. It looks like it's time to put together new ideas.
THE WALL! That's how I felt lol

I've yet to catch a back dash with a command grab in a match. I can't get it. Back dash is basically destroying me every single match.

And venom uppercut freaking sucks in my opinion (for anti air). It takes forever to start up and the range is terrible.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Nobody ever reps Bane. I'm so surprised at how little he is played compared to the rest of the cast. I actually figured, with TDKR being so popular, he would be in the top half of the cast.

Its pretty clear that he is not as good as most all of the other characters in most matchups. I feel like there are other characters who can do what Bane does and more with a lot less difficulty.

It's not that he's bad. It's more like, "Why bother?"

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Its pretty clear that he is not as good as most all of the other characters in most matchups. I feel like there are other characters who can do what Bane does and more with a lot less difficulty.

You have shown weakness. Please hand in your resignation by tomorrow and be 'happy' with those foolish Doomsday players.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I really want to just post the set-ups and 100%'s I've found but I want it to be in video. ;_; Oh, these decisions... Decisions indeed.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Those 100%s are totally fucking useless.

:p
Far from it. Situational, but very useful. A minor adjustment to a Super combo I found on a certain stage with no meter did like 76% on its own from level 2 to 3 Venom with NO meter. That's nuts.

I'm pretty sure he has inescapable Super set-ups that will lead to 100% as well. I'll be on the lookout.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Nobody ever reps Bane. I'm so surprised at how little he is played compared to the rest of the cast. I actually figured, with TDKR being so popular, he would be in the top half of the cast.
Because he sucks. I live down the street from WNF. If I'm staying late and then having to show up to work early next day, I want to win. Bane is not who you pick to win. He's fun to play. He's fun to watch. He's even fun to listen to (love the venom sound effects).

I'll take it a step further. Big slow characters are not who you pick to win, not in this current game's build. Black Adam can deal 50%+ off easy combo confirms and zone you for 20%+. Aquaman can get 30%+ consistently and do so safely with strong normals and decent zoning.

He's more like the Tager of BlazBlue than the Zangief of Street Fighter, only he doens't have extra life, a projectile, an invincible command grab without meter, or a super that screams you lose.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Because he sucks. I live down the street from WNF. If I'm staying late and then having to show up to work early next day, I want to win. Bane is not who you pick to win. He's fun to play. He's fun to watch. He's even fun to listen to (love the venom sound effects).

I'll take it a step further. Big slow characters are not who you pick to win, not in this current game's build. Black Adam can deal 50%+ off easy combo confirms and zone you for 20%+. He's more like the Tager of BlazBlue than the Zangief of Street Fighter, only he doens't have extra life, a projectile, an invincible command grab without meter, or a super that screams you lose.
Please hand your resignation in by tomorrow. Thank you.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Damn you guys seriously doubing Bane week 3 when no one's actually tried him in a serious setting yet? :p

One thing that really sucks is that he can't combo off a single one of his specials. He has one legit combo off one string. You can wall bounce off something, but every character can do that.

Yes, he's not a combo character, but wtf. So many of the other characters can do specials into great combos. Hell, some can wake up into those specials like Harley and Green Lantern. Grundy is another great example. I believe Black Adam has some combos starting from full screen with his specials or am I mistaken? I feel like I've got blasted by those before. Sinestro, killer frost, Green Arrow, Batman, etc. Basically everyone else can start a combo with a special.

Can we please meter burn a fucking special to get a combo going?

Enlighten me if I'm missing something.

*take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm a scrub and have no idea what I'm talking about.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
One thing that really sucks is that he can't combo off a single one of his specials. He has one legit combo off one string. You can wall bounce off something, but every character can do that.

Yes, he's not a combo character, but wtf. So many of the other characters can do specials into great combos. A lot of them can wake up into those specials like Harley and Green Lantern.

Can we please meter burn a fucking special to get a combo going?

Enlighten me if I'm missing something.

*take everything I say with a grain of salt. I'm a scrub and have no idea what I'm talking about.
On one hand with even level 1 Venom Bane can do close to 40% without using up a single bar and with level 3 in the right situations does 70 and upwards(and 100% in others). This kind of damage is wonderful and plus armor makes for a very strong comeback factor when used smartly and carefully. He can wall bounce off 113, b.23, and f.2.d so he isn't without options. I'd wager he can cancel in the middle of other strings for the same effect. The ground bounce leaves him +9 so he might have a few nice tick throw options there and with Venom, that's an armored 11 frame grab on the fastest possible input. Pretty neat.

On the other hand he should have the ability to spend meter on at least one move in order to extend his combos further. I think b.112 should lead into combos but the first hit being +12 and the first TWO giving a nasty tick throw, I guess getting to hit confirm for free into double punch is okay. His special moves need to do more damage, particularly Double Punch and Venom Uppercut, but I can live without them.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I think, at this point, Bane is as imposing as he needs to be. It really, really sucks trying to get in, but once you do it's nearly free against most of the cast. As a long time grappler player, I feel like Bane has almost everything he needs.

I think 1 should hit mid instead of high and venom x2 should give 2 hits of armor and Bane would be set.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think, at this point, Bane is as imposing as he needs to be. It really, really sucks trying to get in, but once you do it's nearly free against most of the cast. As a long time grappler player, I feel like Bane has almost everything he needs.

I think 1 should hit mid instead of high and venom x2 should give 2 hits of armor and Bane would be set.
I disagree with it being hard to get in. Some characters yeah but when we get more used to dashing and blocking on reaction Bane will start rising up the list.

I'm in the same boat at the moment. I experimented with Grundy and I feel like I'm playing much better (whether I am or not is up for debate.) I love Bane and I want to continue loving him but I'm feeling there's something just dragging him down.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I disagree with it being hard to get in. Some characters yeah but when we get more used to dashing and blocking on reaction Bane will start rising up the list.
That's pretty much what I've been doing from the start. But it's still very difficult to close the distance on some characters like Batman and Joker, even with superhuman patience.