What's new

How Would You Rate The Roster At The Moment?

I'm gonna be sad if Stryker and Nightwolf don't make the roster again. Geras looks fun and grapplers are my jam. Regardless of the roster it's gonna be fun to learn the new mechanics and find a kharacter that fits my play style

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
As long as Kano is in I'm happy. Liu and the soft konfirms of Johnny Cage, Jax, and Rain are icing on the cake for me. I'm also pretty stoked for Kabal this time too, especially with how zoning heavy the meta is becoming

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
As long as Kano is in I'm happy. Liu and the soft konfirms of Johnny Cage, Jax, and Rain are icing on the cake for me. I'm also pretty stoked for Kabal this time too, especially with how zoning heavy the meta is becoming
Jax and Rain weren't soft confirmed though?

Yo, Kano is a miss? Since when? He's an MK OG bruh. Besides, even if you and I will not play D'vorah, she may be someone else's main and that's awesome for them. Be happy for other people sometimes, it's pretty great.
I'm happy for Baraka players that didn't get the chance to play their character in MKX, even though i don't care for the guy himself. Kano and Sonya should have skipped a game to help push demand like it happened to other characters, and D'Vorah makes no sense.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yo, Kano is a miss? Since when? He's an MK OG bruh. Besides, even if you and I will not play D'vorah, she may be someone else's main and that's awesome for them. Be happy for other people sometimes, it's pretty great.
I think to a lot of ppl Kano is kinda just... bland. Like they need to do more with his tech and less punching and kicking imo.

As for D'vorah, for me personally, I'm annoyed she's in half because I don't like the character and she could potentially be taking a roster spot from other characters I'd much rather have over her and the other half because I don't really wanna deal with damn full screen d4's again. lol

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I strongly believe this might be the Legacy MK, for long years. Therefore the roster imo, should contain as much as original faces, as possible - others could as DLC.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Too early to decide. Let's wait till they reveal the rest of the roster.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
As for D'vorah, for me personally, I'm annoyed she's in half because I don't like the character and she could potentially be taking a roster spot from other characters I'd much rather have over her and the other half because I don't really wanna deal with damn full screen d4's again. lol
You might have lucked out on the second part, looks like they gave her d4 to Scarlet lol

2:27

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Rain was on one of the menus, which increases his chances

During the tweet series about the Terry Crews photoshop, Ed Boon ended it with something like "Uh, that is of course if Jax even is in the game" after talking about wanting to make that happen.

They aren't exactly smoking guns, but they're hints at their inclusions

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I got Shao Kahn, Baraka, and Kabal so im pretty good as is lol

I admit that Kano and D'Vorah aren't exciting reveals to me but like I said I already have three favorites of mine in game and im sure there will be plenty more to come.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Every character revealed looks amazing and will likely play amazingly as well. Mk11 looks like its shaping up to be the best MK ever already. Having said that, I don't see myself maining anyone revealed yet.

I have a feeling the roster will be great once all the DLC is out, but the base roster may feel a bit underwhelming. Almost like they saved all the best characters specifically to sell them as DLC. I hope I'm wrong on this last part.

Espio

Kokomo

I'm happy for Baraka players that didn't get the chance to play their character in MKX, even though i don't care for the guy himself. Kano and Sonya should have skipped a game to help push demand like it happened to other characters, and D'Vorah makes no sense.
How does D'Vorah not make sense to return? Kronika wants to undo what Raiden did when he beheaded Shinnok and D'Vorah was a loyal servant of Shinnok. She has the most to gain from helping Kronika and reworking the timeline. Given what we know of story she was an automatic shoe in for the game and she's not terribly unpopular either.

I found D'Vorah annoying too, but she has story relevance and at least she is aesthetically unique and gameplay wise has been too.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Dvorah is the most uniquely designed female in Mk and I look forward to stealing her soul.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have a burning hatred for D'Vorah but objectively there is no reason she shouldn't return. Hopefully she doesn't have a lot of retarded no hitbox jump ins

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I still need to see at least one of my girls (Sindel, Tanya, Jade, Mileena) to be fully on board and hyped up, but overall it's a strong roster and I love the direction they've taken the art style.

I haven't played MK X yet (life's busy). From an outside observer perspective though, D'Vorah was easily the most interesting character introduced in MK X. She's monstrous, unique, alien. The only critique I have of her look is that she is a bit too anthropomorphic; I would have made her look even more monstrous/alien. Basically she's the exact opposite of Cassie and Jacqui, both of whom look extremely boring to me. Does the hate/indifference towards D'Vorah mostly come from her look or is it more attributed to some poor/annoying gameplay mechanics?

I also think Ferra/Torr looks interesting, but I imagine Ferra's voice gets annoying very quickly

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The roster will end up being fine. People forget about the DLC and what not. Here's my prediction for the final roster (including the first 6 DLC included in the premium edition):

Scorpion (confirmed)

Sub Zero (confirmed)

Skarlet (confirmed)

Sonya (confirmed)

Raiden (confirmed)

Geras (confirmed)

Baraka (confirmed)

Kabal (confirmed)

Kano (confirmed)

D'Vorah (confirmed)

Shao Kahn (confirmed)

Cassie Cage (Already shown on the menus with a redesign, mentioned in dialogue)

Kitana (Already shown on the menus with a redesign, mentioned in dialogue)

Rain (Already shown on the menus with a redesign)

Noob (Already shown on the menus with a redesign)

Shang Tsung (Massively popular character that sat out MKX. No chance he's not in)

Liu Kang (He's Liu Kang)

Kung Lao (He's Kung Lao)

Kenshi (I just think he'll be in)

Kotal Kahn (One of the best newcomers from MKX, he needs to be in)

Human Smoke (Massively popular character that people want in human form)

Sindel (Haven't seen her since MK9 and people love Sindel)

Fujin (Easily the most requested character since DLC for MK9 was announced. Absolutely in.)

Jade (Another much requested character)

There's your base roster. First round of DLC will be as follows:

Mileena (Way too popular not to include)

Ermac (Again, way too popular not to include)

Khameleon (Just a feeling I have)

Sareena (Will be added as DLC a la Bo Rai Cho in MKX who was in the story, but not yet playable)

Spawn (I don't care about him, but people have been begging for Spawn forever)

Pinhead (I honestly have no clue)

I'd be willing to bet this roster is about 85-90% correct.

For the confirmed characters :
- I got 2 of the characters I wanted (Sonya/Skarlet)
- The mandatory characters (Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Raiden/Kano)
- One character I don't want to play but I'm glad to see again (Baraka)
- Characters that don't necessarily enjoy but it doesn't bother me to have them in the roster (Kabal/D'Vorah)
- Characters I don't care about (Geras)
+ Pre Order DLC Shao Kahn
It makes 10/25+1 characters (assuming Shao Kahn isn't part of the main roster)

For the characters that will probably be back/were hinted/softly revealed :
- The mandatory characters (Liu Kang/Kung Lao/Johnny Cage/Kitana)
- The kombat kids that are the most likely to return (Cassie/Takeda)
- Characters likely to return because the of their nemesis/ally relationship with other characters (Kotal with D'Vorah/Mileena and-or Jade with Kitana)
- The character "leaked" by the presence of an actor (Shang Tsung) (I don't think they'd hire an actor for an NPC)
- The "leak" with steamdb (Erron Black)

It would make 20 (21 if Mileena AND Jade are in), I think we should lock 3 extra slots for new characters and it would make 23 characters. So only 2 remaining slots for returning characters from older MK games.

I think NRS wanted a safe roster, too bad it seems too similar to MKX. And, sorry to say that, but A LOT of people will be disappointed because their characters won't be in the game. 25 characters is too low, NRS fucked up here.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
My ideal roster. Included a few comprimises that others like a lot. I was hoping we'd avoid the entire cage family, but assuming everyone we've seen is in, this is what it'd look like for me. I didn't leave room for new characters because I have no clue how I'd feel about them anyway. Wasn't a big fan of the 3d additions to the cast nor do I particularly like guest characters (Spawn is cool though). I'd be happy to switch out Mileena for Sareena.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
D'Vorah is the first character to get me really excited, but I'm definitely checking out Sub Zero this time and I'm thrilled that Skarlett is back. Fingers crossed for Li Mei.

Agilaz

It has begun
It's looking alright so far. Just hoping for Shang and at least one playable Shokan. I think those are realistic. Sektor would be nice too but probably a stretch.

7/10 right now due to existing characters having an awesome design and the inclusion of Shao Kahn. 10/10 if 2 of the 3 mentioned above are included