What's new

How Would You Rate The Roster At The Moment?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
No no, I got that. But no matter how polished they make Sonya, I'm never going to like her or want her on the roster. Same goes for a few other characters. Not going to rate the roster 10/10 if I don't like the characters on it. I wasn't a fan of the MKX roster and therefore didn't really enjoy the game all that much.

That doesn't mean I won't commend NRS for doing a great job on them though!
Of course, and you have the right to like or dislike any character you see fit. It's a free world after all.

And I have the right to teasingly consider you not a true MK fan for it.

Saying you're a fan of MK but not a fan of the UMK3 roster + Kenshi/Quan Chi is pretty much like saying you're a fan of the X-Men, you're just not a fan of Professor Xavier, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Gambit, Emma Frost, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Toad, Blob, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch.

Like... wat. It doesn't make any sense. A list of those characters also functions as a description of the franchise. X-Men isn't about mutants vs non-mutants, it's about those particular mutants. MK isn't about Earthrealm ninjas vs Outworld monsters, it's about those particular Earthrealm ninjas and those particular Outworld monsters.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Kabal, Baraka and Subby are flawless victories.

I'm happy about skarlet and dvorah making it in.

I actually just need one character to play. That's probably idc much about the whole roster anyways.

MKX roster wasn't good, but i had reptile. Also i gained a friendship with some other kharakters while playing the game, which i didn't like that much before.

I'm relaxed. i will find a kharakter who fits my needs, even when my main isn't in the game.

edit : I forgot the rating
7.5/10

1. Scorpion - looks good
  2. Sub-Zero - looks good
  3. Raiden - never was a fan, could do w/o
  4. Liu Kang - could sit this one out
  5. Johnny Cage - boring
  6. Sonya Blade - super boring
  7. Kano - could sit this one out
  8. Kung Lao - could sit this one out
  9. Kitana - judgement reserved
  10. Baraka - looks good
  11. Kabal - looks good
  12. Skarlet - hate the redesign
  13. Cassie Cage - boring
  14. D'Vorah - glad she's back
  15. Shao Kahn - happy he's in
  16. Geras - looks amazing
That's my personal feeling at the moment. The game itself is looking great but so far I'm not impressed by the roster. Who knows though, I might end up loving some of the characters I'm not excited about now once I get to play the game.

I really don't see why we need Sonya, Cassie and Johnny. One of them would have been more than enough. If Jacqui's in too I'm going to facepalm. Also don't like the Skarlet redesign at all; she looks much better in the comics.

As far as who I'd like to see:
- maybe 3 more quality new characters
- Noob
- Havik
- Ermac
- Sektor
- Smoke
- Erron Black
- Quan Chi
- Sindel
- Reptile
- Kintaro
- Sareena
- Fujin
- Tremor
- Rain
- Torr reworked w/o Ferra

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Of the reveals so far and putting aside that there's no hard confirm for any of my faves, I think the roster is excellent so far.

You have classics everyone expects like Sonya, Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion.

Big surprises that people weren't expecting: Baraka and Skarlet.

D'Vorah and Kabal were great reveals for MKX fans and MK3 era fans.

A fun new character in Geras that is aesthetically unique and appears to have a play style we have never seen.

Even though none of these are my faves per se, I absolutely love how they have scratched multiple different itches with the hard confirmed reveals so far so it's an 8/10 for me.

We have aesthetic, game and style diversity.

My major hopes going forward is that we see more MK3 characters: Sindel, Stryker, Nightwolf, Cyrax.

MKX characters: Takeda, Kotal Kahn

Lastly, hoping for a Shokan. If no Goro, I will accept Kintaro graciously especially if the play style is similar to Goro.

The roster is pretty good so far except for Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, and Kano. they are boring and even though they are OG’s I think they have overstayed their welcome. I hope we get a few more ninjas cause ninjas are my favourite characters, and if Sektor gets confirmed then that’s a 10/10 for me.

It's alright, although a bit underwhelming as it stands. I looked forward to a more ambitious lineup but it seems as though the time traveling is just a way to play it safe. Cheers, Black Zetsu.

Hopefully we get one or two more interesting newcomers (though that seems unlikely) and some combination of Nightwolf/Jade/Sindel/Fujin in the ensuing DLC packs.

I'll give certainly give MK11 credit though, because I have never been more interested in Sub-Zero and Kabal. And Geras is just... incredible.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
For now roaster is very disappointing for me.

Skarlet was a nice surprise and definately the highlight of the reveal, on the other hand D'Vorah, Sonya and (even though I like them) Kano and Johnny shouldn't have been in it.

I want to see the classics we didn't see in MKX, not bloody D'Vorah.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Skarlett and Baraka are the only really things that stand out and apparently her past or new self decided she needed a lot more clothes. which is fine. it fits the trend. they still look great. although i'm hoping for mk2 and umk3 costumes for skarlett. Also. For a video a game Geras and Kano look nice with their shirts off. Kabal's new look is not as cool as his revenant form IMO, which i'm sure will prolly be a skin. overall though, unless they are pulling an Inustice 2 and nothing really gets revealed until the day of release it feels kind of underwhelming, especially since there is just a little over 2 months before release. I'm pretty sure some the final build will have to be printed for disc at least a month before so a lot of this footage could be from early builds. I would think at least the token people from mk1-mk2 would be advertised to get pre-orders. But i dunno. Apparantly though, my brother who very very very casually plays video games new exactly who Rhonda Rousy and she probably is promoting it on WWE everytime she is on which may be every week. I dunno. Although, I will say this....I have no interest in any of the kombat kids returning. D'vorah looks cool but I never really played as her in MKX. really hard to say. I want Rain, Kitana, Jade, and Sindel.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I've never really been very fussy about the roster. I like too many MK characters to really be affected by character exclusions. That said, I'm hoping Sektor, Noob Saibot and Jade makes it. I mained Sektor in both MK9 and MKX and have kinda grown an attachment to him. But I won't be krushed or anything if he doesn't make it. I'm liking the gameplay that's what's more important. Already bought MK11 premium on Steam.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Out of the actual confirmed roster (I'm not counting behind the scenes bs or random menu stuff or story glimpses)

1. Raiden
2. Skarlet
3. Baraka
4. Sub Zero
5. Scorpion
6. Geras
7. Sonya
8. Kabal
9. D'Vorah
10. Kano

Hype for 4 of them (Raiden, Skarlet, Baraka, and Sub Zero)

Meh on (Geras, Scorpion)

Anti hype for (D'Vorah, Kano, Sonya, Kabal)

So, looks like it's a 4-6/10 for me.
Unless their official discord is drunk

Thingy

Retired account
I am really liking the roster so far. Though I am losing hope for Nightwolf making the roster in this game, seeing more Geras in the Kombat Kast, it gives me comfort. I am in love with his design and potential.

Roster rating so far: 7/10

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
On a scale from 1 to Grumpy Cat, I'll have to go with Grumpy Cat. All the way until they reveal Smoke and / or Noob Saibot. Rain and Sektor as the two next best guys. I want at least two of these sexy mofos in the game, but once they make it in, the game automatically gets all the points.

Aramonde

Noob
So far very underwhelmed by the roster. It's shaping up to be a mix of the boring old characters from MK9 with the MKX newbies. I hope the roster gets better and adds some 3D era characters but I'm not holding my breath.

4/10 - Skarlet is the only thing that keeps it from being a 1 or 2 .

Its Toasty.

My Favorites so far:

1. Kabal
2. Scorpion
3. Raiden

Looking forward to seeing gameplay from:

1. Noob Saibot
2. Shao Kahn
3. Dvorah
4. Shang Tsung
5. Havik ( I expect him to be DLC)

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
Of course, and you have the right to like or dislike any character you see fit. It's a free world after all.

Saying you're a fan of MK but not a fan of the UMK3 roster + Kenshi/Quan Chi is pretty much like saying you're a fan of the X-Men, you're just not a fan of Professor Xavier, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Gambit, Emma Frost, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, Toad, Blob, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch.

Like... wat. It doesn't make any sense. A list of those characters also functions as a description of the franchise. X-Men isn't about mutants vs non-mutants, it's about those particular mutants. MK isn't about Earthrealm ninjas vs Outworld monsters, it's about those particular Earthrealm ninjas and those particular Outworld monsters.
Now my memory isn't so good so you're gonna have to help me out here TYM cause I don't remember seeing any of these UMK3 characters in X

Kabal
Stryker
Nightwolf
Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Sindel
Jade

Now I don't consider Cyrax, Sektor or Smoke on the roster because Triborg is the character and not the cyber ninjas but I'll be give you them anyway.

I don't remember seeing those seven characters in X. Maybe they were added in XL and I just didn't see them, OR they weren't in the game and your claim that X was UMK3 + Kenshi&Quan and your "not a real fan" if you didn't like it is complete bullshit.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Now my memory isn't so good so you're gonna have to help me out here TYM cause I don't remember seeing any of these UMK3 characters in X

Kabal
Stryker
Nightwolf
Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Sindel
Jade

Now I don't consider Cyrax, Sektor or Smoke on the roster because Triborg is the character and not the cyber ninjas but I'll be give you them anyway.

I don't remember seeing those seven characters in X. Maybe they were added in XL and I just didn't see them, OR they weren't in the game and your claim that X was UMK3 + Kenshi&Quan and your "not a real fan" if you didn't like it is complete bullshit.
Uhh...... where did I say that literally every single character needs to come back for every single installment?

The X-Men example was supposed to clue you in. You know that Magneto doesn't appear in literally every single issue, right?

he confirmed tag wont come back because not alot of ppl played it ! which idk what to say casue i didnt play it xD
I know but he didnt actually say no he dodged the question. He said no to other things like khrome though! :)

Also many played it offline, but mk9 netcode was also trash so these stats aren't very good.

Aramonde

Noob
Uhh...... where did I say that literally every single character needs to come back for every single installment?

The X-Men example was supposed to clue you in. You know that Magneto doesn't appear in literally every single issue, right?
Norse said he didn't like the MKX roster then you said it was UMK3 + Kenshi/Quan which it wasn't. Had it been Norse would've like the roster hell if just Jade was in it Norse would have had liked it a lot more.

projectzero00

nomnomnom
  1. Scorpion - expected, I like his look and gameplay
  2. Sub-Zero - same as above
  3. Raiden - he looks ok I guess
  4. Liu Kang - expected but not my cuppa
  5. Johnny Cage - redundant imo, I know people like him but srsly what was the point of all the kids?
  6. Sonya Blade - same as above
  7. Kano - my least fav from the trilogy, really don't get his appeal
  8. Kung Lao - could sit this one out, again what was the point of Kung Jin
  9. Baraka - looks and plays amazing
  10. Kabal - love that he's back, really like his gameplay and look
  11. Skarlet - love the redesign, super glad they brought her back. That's what I wanted for many 3D era characters
  12. Cassie Cage - need to see more but loved her in MKX
  13. D'Vorah - was never a huge fan but I'm glad there's a female monster if we don't get Mileena, Nitara or Sheeva
  14. Shao Kahn - eh
  15. Geras - looks good so far, doesn't seem like I'll play him tho
Overall I give the roster 5/10. It looks so similar to MKX with a few MK9 additions which feels super safe at the moment. If we get Rain, Fujin, Mileena, Sindel, Jade, Sheeva, Noob and a few 3D era characters (my ideal ones would be Ashrah, Hotaru, Nitara, Frost) I would be a happy camper.

JDM

Noob
I have no characters I'm excited to main yet, I have a few I want to play but none that really pop for me.

5/10. Sonya and Cassie are redundant. One or the other. Only speaking from those confirmed (we saw intro of cassie) I'm not hype at all yet for any characters. Raiden and Kabal are the only ones I'm really interested in trying at all and Mayyyybe skarlet. Give me Noob rain Reptile and maybe Cyrax or something and I'd be so excited, but I know most if not all of those wont happen :(

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
And I have the right to teasingly suggest you're a blind fanboy for it. But you seemed to take it to heart and then turned the conversation further, so here goes...

Saying you're a fan of MK but not a fan of the UMK3 roster + Kenshi/Quan Chi
That's not what you initially said though. You said this:

I don't care which characters get in if they're all done this well. Anyone who does isn't a real MK fan.
People can like specific characters of a franchise and dislike others. That's normal. There's nothing wrong with not liking every single character of the MK franchise. But how you're presenting your point makes it sound like that if you don't, then you're not a "real" MK fan. Not that your opinion matters on this point, I was just pointing out that just accepting everything NRS throws at you and looking down at people who don't do the same makes you appear as a blind fanboy. Teasingly, of course. ;)

But just to make things clear... I can not like Sonya, but like Reptile. I can not like Kano, but like Shang Tsung. I can not like Liu Kang, but like Takeda. And my preference of characters doesn't make me any less an MK fan than anyone else. ♥

Great roster so far. Bet the rest are:

1. Cyrax
2. Sektor
3. Jade
4. Kotal
5. Shang Tsung
6. New character
7. New character OR Mileena, Fujin (Otherwise DLC)

DLC prediction:
Reptile, Smoke, Ermac, Sindel, Nightwolf, 3d Era character(s)