What's new

How Would You Rate The Roster At The Moment?

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Was like an 8.5 before today for me, with the only weak link being Sonya.

Now? 8, I guess. Still really solid. If Noob, Jade and Rain all make it that shit's gonna be a 10.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
No particular favorite of mine has been revealed yet, but I'm sure once we get to the end of the DLC characters this game is going to have a phenomenal roster.

7/10 at the moment.

6/10 for now. It can be 10/10 if they give us:
1. 28-30 characters at launch
2. Some(at least 2) of the old characters such as Fujin, Taven, Deagon, Sareena, Reiko, Li Mei, Nitara etc
3. Fan favorites; Noob, Ermac, Smoke, Nightwolf, Reptile, Mileena, Jade, Cyrax or Sector.
4. Fan favorite new characters; Erron Black, Kotal Kahn, Takeda
5. 2 more new playable characters

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
I rate it 20 pints of blood of 2 Meats.

Cant complain about any roster addition yet.

im quite scared considering there is only 1 character slot left for females because we have
Cassie, sonya, skarlet, kitana, jade, dvorah
and usually there arent alot of females in netherrealm games .. from my experience so sorry to say but i dont want sareena or li mei.. i need sindel! hopefully those are dlc xD

im quite scared considering there is only 1 character slot left for females because we have
Cassie, sonya, skarlet, kitana, jade, dvorah
and usually there arent alot of females in netherrealm games .. from my experience so sorry to say but i dont want sareena or li mei.. i need sindel! hopefully those are dlc xD
Me too all I want is sindel and I’m content. Oh, and some good side modes and hopefully a tag return when Ed’s not busy dodging the question.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The faces of MK being Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden are all in. I'm kinda bored by Scorpion right now, but all these characters are a solid 4.
Then the return of Baraka and Skarlet was dope as hell. This raises the bar to 8.
Sonya is ok, I like her. Kano is cool but it seems his last good design was back in UMK3. The 8 stands.
Kabal is very good news, so is D'Vorah. We're reaching 9!
Geras seems nice... idk, I don't mind him much.

Cassie and Kitana are probably in, so 9 is starting to turn into 10.

But we're missing Mileena, Rain, Tanya, Fujin, Jade, Havik and Hotaru. So we're going back to 8. Perhaps Kotal Kahn could help.
And Kung Lao is probably in, so 8 is going back to 7.5

So right now 7.5/10 !

D

Deleted member 59910

1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Liu Kang
  5. Johnny Cage
  6. Sonya Blade
  7. Kano
  8. Kung Lao
  9. Kitana
  10. Baraka
  11. Kabal
  12. Skarlet
  13. Cassie Cage
  14. D'Vorah
  15. Geras
  16. Shao Kahn
Plus Rain and Noob Saibot seem to be on the main menu, so 18 out of 25 if those are playable. I'm assuming the final 7 will be something like:
  1. Jax - The other parent characters are in plus he's been in most MK games so why not?
  2. Sindel - Baraka is back and Rain may be too. Sindel is the other MKX NPC people wanted.
  3. Jade (maybe Mileena instead) - Mainly just a gut feeling plus it makes sense.
  4. Kenshi - Same as Jax, but he's also Ed's second favorite.
  5. Kotal Kahn - Cassie and D'Vorah being in means Kotal is a lock, in my opinion.
  6. Shang Tsung - Both his island and the Nethership are in the game plus I just think he's a lock.
  7. New - Doubt Geras will be the last new playable character.
If this does happen the roster is basically MKX but some characters are replaced with MK9 characters. I think it's fine, but it feels really safe. Still wish we would have gotten 30+ characters. Would prefer that over Variations, to be honest.

Ed said DLC would be crazy or something like that, and would be similar to what they are doing in the base roster (which is bringing back the characters people really wanted to see in MKX). Assuming we will get something like:
  • MK2-MK3 character (Reptile or Mileena if they don't make it in?)
  • 3D MK character (Havik?)
  • Character similar to Skarlet (rumor character) or Triborg/TMNT (3-4 characters combined into one)
  • Guest (Horror?)
  • Guest (Sci-Fi?)
  • Guest (Video game?)
Wow, I totally agree with this roster prediction. Imo would be better have Fujin than Kenshi.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
...did you somehow miss the part where I said "if they're all done this well"?

something ironic something blind
No no, I got that. But no matter how polished they make Sonya, I'm never going to like her or want her on the roster. Same goes for a few other characters. Not going to rate the roster 10/10 if I don't like the characters on it. I wasn't a fan of the MKX roster and therefore didn't really enjoy the game all that much.

That doesn't mean I won't commend NRS for doing a great job on them though!

Raiden, Scorpion and Sub Zero look absolutely wonderful as far as I'm concerned(especially with those improved animations) and i love Kano's default costume(might even end up playing him and that would be a first)so I give the roster an 8/10 already.

Give me Nightwolf as a BASE character(no DLC bullshit) and it'll be a 10 for me for sure. Don't really care about anybody else.

Sonya will definitely be my training dummy.

Radam

Noob
I love the roster so far.

I'm hoping for Noob Saibot and Havik. Reiko would be cool too after reading the MKX comics

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
at this moment ...
spicy chicken sandwich/roller derby

but what would you rate it at this moment.
or this moment..

please lets not have one of these every week or reveal now.

Honestly I don't really care a lot about characters themselves, what I'm worried about is the lack of playstyle variation so far. I love setup characters (cyber-sub, cyrax, hunter pred, demo sonya) and so far non of them suits my style, and many of them plays kinda similar. If only sonya had her grenades I would be super happy, as I have 0 expectations of seeing any of the other characters I played in MKX.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Pretty indifferent to it. Ones that I could live without revealed so far are definitely Kano and Sonya. Kabal no strong feelings for either, he's always just kinda been there to me. Love that they added D'vorah and really want to see gameplay. Really wanna try Geras. Hoping for Mileena, Li Mei, Havik, and Noob

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Everything except for both Cassie AND Sonya has been pretty standard... Um Baraka was nice to see again. I'm glad Dvorah is back.