What's new

Question - Tempest How would you nerf Tempest?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
For the love of god. crusty I love you but please stop posting about balancing when you don't own the game.
I'm not asking for a specific nerf or buff, but I know plenty about te game to talk about it.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
how would i nerf him? not at all, aside from maybe that rediculous hitbox on his j2.

don't give nrs any bad ideas, i still want to play this game y'know?

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
people still think tempest lao is top?
I think he's perfectly fine. You can tell. EVERYONE had a tempest Lao. Now like 4 people use him. 2 people don't even use him as their main. His ji2 is a little absurd but that's it. Nerf anything else and he'll be bottom tier

Wigy

There it is...
His j2 needs to go, its not only stupid and braindead for offence but his defence. Trying to get in on lao who knows how to use jump back 2 properly is a nightmare.

It should be punishable consistently without bar. Which is absolutely is not

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I don't understand some people. Tempest is known by all to be the strongest variation in the game yet a lot of people are saying it's fine the way it is. Then you have characters like summoner, which is also a great variation but not as good as tempest, and everyone says it needs to be nerfed....

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Reduce jump 2 hitbox and decrease cancel advantage on b321 so every character can punish him for doing ex orbiting hat.
This might fuck with the other variations' utility from that string though, the reason why he recovers so quickly after certain blockstrings into hat spin that don't jail is because of how fast he recovers after deploying the hat on first impact. Let him keep the same advantage on block but increase the time before he can actually start moving again.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
This might fuck with the other variations' utility from that string though, the reason why he recovers so quickly after certain blockstrings into hat spin that don't jail is because of how fast he recovers after deploying the hat on first impact. Let him keep the same advantage on block but increase the time before he can actually start moving again.
how can you make b321xxreghat armorable by moves slower than 16f?

Goat-City

Banned
Give him a 4-6% damage nerf, preferably on his variation specific specials mostly, and make block breakers 1 bar. Simple

dude, -28 isnt enough? lol...

ex hat is fine at +12 you only have d4 as a frame trap, other things are armourable / pokable
Its -19 not 28 , regular is -25 , ex should be without pushback so you can punish it easier, i think lao is fine otherthan his dumb ji2.

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
I wouldn't nerf tempest since I think he is totally fine as is, any more nerfs and he will be completely destroyed
Tempest is ridiculous, not just for the fact that he's better than most everyone else, but the fact that his gameplay is nothing but a giant guessing game. There needs to be a guaranteed way out of his stagger pressure for a reasonable price because you can't make his staggers reactable, so they should make block breakers 1 bar, and since this would technically buff him as well, he would need to take a hefty damage nerf to balance him. That on top of the fact that grabs are going to be reactable soon should make him really balanced and less guess reliant.

Tempest is ridiculous, not just for the fact that he's better than most everyone else, but the fact that his gameplay is nothing but a giant guessing game. There needs to be a guaranteed way out of his stagger pressure for a reasonable price because you can't make his staggers reactable, so they should make block breakers 1 bar, and since this would technically buff him as well, he would need to take a hefty damage nerf to balance him. That on top of the fact that grabs are going to be reactable soon should make him really balanced and less guess reliant.
You're suggesting a nerf that could completely ruin the character his damage is fine , it got reduced 3 times , he really doesn't need any nerfs other than ji2.

I don't understand some people. Tempest is known by all to be the strongest variation in the game yet a lot of people are saying it's fine the way it is. Then you have characters like summoner, which is also a great variation but not as good as tempest, and everyone says it needs to be nerfed....
Because to be fair quan has alot more dirt ie : + 50/50s that jail. 50%+ meterless and 61% for just a bar a vortex that can go into like 6 fucking diffirent ways , the best zoning in the game etc etc it just seems that summoner is way more dirty on paper.

Goat-City

Banned
You're suggesting a nerf that could completely ruin the character his damage is fine , it got reduced 3 times , he really doesn't need any nerfs other than ji2.
How would it ruin the character if he's arguably the best in the game? 1 bar block breakers wouldn't nerf him because he gets them too, so he would have to take a damage nerf. He still has very good damage on top of his ridiculous pressure and armor breaking. J2 is fine. You can armor through it and anti air it without meter. If that gets nerfed it'll just be icing on the cake

How would it ruin the character if he's arguably the best in the game? 1 bar block breakers wouldn't nerf him because he gets them too, so he would have to take a damage nerf. He still has very good damage on top of his ridiculous pressure and armor breaking. J2 is fine. You can armor through it and anti air it without meter. If that gets nerfed it'll just be icing on the cake
You can only armor if you do a slow move , ie b3 or b2 and you're completely missing the point , jump back 2 shuts down any forward advancing normal its anti footsie tool also in this game everyone gets a bar really easily , just leave him be without the unneeded nerfs you asked for.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
This thread needs to be made about Tanya and that's about it. I don't think any other character in the game really needs any kind of nerf besides her. There is no comeback factor vs'ing Tanya, if you are at 25% health or less, ggs. Once she gets you in a block string, you just get chipped to death. You have to wait a decade before you turn is back and by then you've been chipped to death.

Goat-City

Banned
You can only armor if you do a slow move , ie b3 or b2 and you're completely missing the point , jump back 2 shuts down any forward advancing normal its anti footsie tool also in this game everyone gets a bar really easily , just leave him be without the unneeded nerfs you asked for.
Don't know what you mean, how can you not armor j2 with a fast armored move? J2 is not what makes Kung Lao ridiculous. His completely guess based oki game no one can get out of without getting a very lucky guess is what makes him ridiculous. If every character was buffed to his level the game would be much worse because of how guess heavy he is for huge reward. A 4-6% damage nerf would put him in A+ tier, no lower, as long as there's a reasonable way to get out of his block pressure with 1 bar block breakers. If his J2 gets nerfed on top of that he'll still be A+. It makes no sense why a character this ridiculous shouldn't get nerfed.