What's new

Guide How To Pressure

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
The mix ups are there " kinda "... The damage is there " well with venom " but I feel like he's WAY too easy to bait on reaction. While KF has a slide that's safe, full screen pretty much, and is really unreactable, Banes only way of getting in is his charge which makes characters like KF and Batman a nightmare to fight against. Granted, his dash is better but in terms of zoning just hope you have luck on your side xD.
This entire posts screams that you haven't fought a good bane yet. I think you need to join one of the bane rooms on either xbl or psn to get edumucated sir

Hiryu02

Noob
If the opponent's projectiles are single hit, he can blow right through them with lvl 1. If they are multihit, he can still get the charge in at lvl 3.

Unless you are competent and unpredictable with your zoning, it is not "easy" to zone him out. This is of course matchup dependent, but he has tools. From the options I mentioned above all the way down to just dash/block.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If the opponent's projectiles are single hit, he can blow right through them with lvl 1. If they are multihit, he can still get the charge in at lvl 3.

Unless you are competent and unpredictable with your zoning, it is not "easy" to zone him out. This is of course matchup dependent, but he has tools. From the options I mentioned above all the way down to just dash/block.
Never charge in on someone. Its asking for trouble.

i can say " i think KF is ass or Lobo is ass " and heres what i get " well obviously youve never fought a good such-and such ". Well Obviously you never see any bane players in top 16 etc. Just because a group of ppl online are good with him does not eliminate the fact that hes still ASS because he is. " oh,well youve never fought a good Lobo yet " Hmm.. i wonder why :confused:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
i can say " i think KF is ass or Lobo is ass " and heres what i get " well obviously youve never fought a good such-and such ". Well Obviously you never see any bane players in top 16 etc. Just because a group of ppl online are good with him does not eliminate the fact that hes still ASS because he is. " oh,well youve never fought a good Lobo yet " Hmm.. i wonder why :confused:
If that's how you feel the get out of our character forum and take your snarky remarks elsewhere.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Because some characters take longer to learn than others. You think if Superman, KF had Kabal execution they'd be all over the place? Let alone requiring the solid fundamentals that Bane does?

Get the fuck out of here.

Hiryu02

Noob
Never charge in on someone. Its asking for trouble.

If someone doesn't respect the charge, or show that he can punish it, I'll keep doing it. If he can, then it goes to the next option.

I never hold back a tool unless the opponent has proved his competence.

It's the same in any game really. Unless you have shown me I need to respect your wakeup, I'm not backing off and I will walk up in your face to throw a mixup.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If someone doesn't respect the charge, or show that he can punish it, I'll keep doing it. If he can, then it goes to the next option.

I never hold back a tool unless the opponent has proved his competence.

It's the same in any game really. Unless you have shown me I need to respect your wakeup, I'm not backing off and I will walk up in your face to throw a mixup.
Although true, its high readable/punishable and we just have better options for getting in. Save your charge game for oki, not for approach.

If that's how you feel the get out of our character forum and take your snarky remarks elsewhere.
im just saying... a character cant be dominant because Diago's playing him. I love the character but im sick of that excuse whenever i say that... and if you guys are gonna be that sensitive because im not afraid to express my opinions then maybe i should leave because obviously no ones paying any fucking attention to them and arent open-minded about them. i was talking about mixups and i get a reply from RYX saying " i love how wrong you are " Gee Buddy thankx for fucking explaining why.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
im just saying... a character cant be dominant because Diago's playing him. I love the character but im sick of that excuse whenever i say that... and if you guys are gonna be that sensitive because im not afraid to express my opinions then maybe i should leave because obviously no ones paying any fucking attention to them and arent open-minded about them. i was talking about mixups and i get a reply from RYX saying " i love how wrong you are " Gee Buddy thankx for fucking explaining why.
If it wasn't obvious by re-reading your post, the explanation would have gone over your head. Bane isn't ass, in fact he is probably in the top 15 right now and is just downplayed heavily. We are open minded to those whom are open minded as well, we don't afford the closed minded the same luxury as such things are wasted on those whom will not accept them.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Nobody paid attention to Sonya or Jax at the beginning of MK either.

Bane is a sleeper. And I'm not going to bother explaining when there is a thread dedicated to his pressure and an up and coming super guide with the other Bane mains. Look through the forums and find out why he's good otherwise get the fuck off the sub forum.

Hiryu02

Noob
Although true, its high readable/punishable and we just have better options for getting in. Save your charge game for oki, not for approach.
I hear you. Please don't misunderstand. I'm not advocating blindly charging in like a boss from the Arkham Asylum game.

I always throw something unsafe or unwise early in a set just to see how people react. Especially if it's a new player who I don't have prior experience with, just to see if he knows his stuff. I play offline exclusively, so I'm trying to play the person, not the connection.

In any case, yes I would not say to yolo and just charge as the cornerstone of your game, lol.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I hear you. Please don't misunderstand. I'm not advocating blindly charging in like a boss from the Arkham Asylum game.

I always throw something unsafe or unwise early in a set just to see how people react. Especially if it's a new player who I don't have prior experience with, just to see if he knows his stuff. I play offline exclusively, so I'm trying to play the person, not the connection.

In any case, yes I would not say to yolo and just charge as the cornerstone of your game, lol.
I feel you, I figured its what you meant. Just be careful, we are momentum based so if we lose it early its hard to get it back.

Because some characters take longer to learn than others. You think if Superman, KF had Kabal execution they'd be all over the place? Let alone requiring the solid fundamentals that Bane does?

Get the fuck out of here.
its not a matter off " who takes loner to learn " . I Dont care if a character takes half a year to learn it doesnt make any of his matchups better....

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
its not a matter off " who takes loner to learn " . I Dont care if a character takes half a year to learn it doesnt make any of his matchups better....
He has better MUs than a lot of people now, actually. Only about 2 3-7 MUs in BlAdam and Nightwing, everything else is in a 6-4/4-6 with us taking a 3-7 MU against Ares and the like.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
..,Um, yes it does. If a character isn't fleshed out and learned then how do you have an inkling of what his match ups are like?

Tech changes MUs. Fact.

Nobody paid attention to Sonya or Jax at the beginning of MK either.

Bane is a sleeper. And I'm not going to bother explaining when there is a thread dedicated to his pressure and an up and coming super guide with the other Bane mains. Look through the forums and find out why he's good otherwise get the fuck off the sub forum.
im pretty sure Jax had a viable Buff + his infinite in the corner. Ppl played Sonya in MK as well in the beginning quite frequently. Not really a reliable reply......

RYX

BIG PUSHER
im pretty sure Jax had a viable Buff + his infinite in the corner. Ppl played Sonya in MK as well in the beginning quite frequently. Not really a reliable reply......
Bane got a viable buff and huge corner damage + lockdown. It's pretty reliable.

Shit, I'd say to play a good Bane but you're not interested in learning. Read the forums. Or GTFO

Hiryu02

Noob
If the answers do not satisfy you, the only way to get a "reliable" reply is to play a good Bane offline, or on a solid online connection. Otherwise the exchange is kind of pointless.

Charge is definitely a good tactic against people who are trying to zone you. It's character specific though. It's good against any character you can trade with who doesn't have a multi-hit projectile. It's not a way to get in. It's a way to punish them for using it.

It's definitely matchup dependent and meter dependent for some characters.