What's new

Guide How To Pressure

Hiryu02

Noob
All right. After re-reading the OP and thread multiple times, I am not seeing much on how to prevent people from jumping out of your pressure. What would be some good ways to convince players not to jump out on wakeup?

Right now, if I expect a jump back on wakeup I will try to preemptively do a JD3 on them, however this fails sometimes because the spacing isn't right. After what combo enders can I throw out a meaty JD3?

KingKuma

Noob
All right. After re-reading the OP and thread multiple times, I am not seeing much on how to prevent people from jumping out of your pressure. What would be some good ways to convince players not to jump out on wakeup?

Right now, if I expect a jump back on wakeup I will try to preemptively do a JD3 on them, however this fails sometimes because the spacing isn't right. After what combo enders can I throw out a meaty JD3?

After a Body Press anywhere on the screen you can just do B23 if you predict a jump. Most normals beat jumps on wake-up in my experience.

Hiryu02

Noob
I'm already doing that after a regular body press as a general mixup. However I don't end every combo with body press and would like to know if certain combo enders lead themselves to spacing a meaty JD3.

Hiryu02

Noob
Ok, it may just be a timing issue on my part then. I was fighting a decent Catwoman last night and it seemed that I could not maintain pressure on her after Double Punch a lot. Or I would go for a meaty but get beat out by wakeup invincibility.

After a body press I know my options fairly well, not so much after other enders.

KingKuma

Noob
I'm already doing that after a regular body press as a general mixup. However I don't end every combo with body press and would like to know if certain combo enders lead themselves to spacing a meaty JD3.

Hmm, I'm not aware of anything that sets up meaty JD3 midscreen but I use MB Double Punch in the corner to set up a bunch of meaty stuff, including JD3. MB DP is an awkward techroll and wake-up timing so you have a lot of options even if they know how to get wake-ups out after it.

Also, what other enders are you using midscreen besides Body Press?

Hiryu02

Noob
Depending on the stringI will use Rising Slam to either push to corner, or switch positions. I will also use DP after D1 to establish pressure.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist

Meaty d1 cancelled into either double punch or body press. Or meaty d1, and frame trap b23 if d1 hits. Or just raw raging charge. The best part is that all of those shut down multiple options.

Also, after b23, 123 double punch you get a really good meaty j.d3 or j.d2 if they don't tech roll. The problem with meaty jump attacks with Bane is that they can be seen coming a mile away and most, if not all characters can punish it on reaction. You're better off dashing forward and doing d1 or venomed double punch.

Hiryu02

Noob
Hmm, was not aware D1 hit was a frame trap for B23. I will have to try that, alternating with D1/DP. Thank you.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Yea, d1 on hit is +17 frames and b23 comes out in 18, meaning they only have 1 frame to get something out, which is about as close to impossible as you get. Everybody's gotta respect it, even Supes ho ass.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
its not a matter off " who takes loner to learn " . I Dont care if a character takes half a year to learn it doesnt make any of his matchups better....
He loses hard to NW and Batman. Doesn't most of the cast though? KF, NW, Batman are top tier chars, and nobody is saying Bane is top tier. He's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be though. And maybe, just MAYBE, if there is a group of competent Bane players........maybe Bane is really good? I have yet to run into somebody online who actually understands how good Bane is. Then, when they DO start respecting them, he jumps up a tier. Bane is awesome. Maybe not in your hands, but he's awesome

Reactions: RYX

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
For me, if you won´t go for the body press ender,the best ender is ....123,venom upper. It leaves you in the best position for an ambiguous JD3,and this ender do more damage than the doble punch one, only 3% less than the body press.

Yeah I used to think Venom Uppercut was just ok but it's a legit good move. Great positioning and if you MB it in the corner you get a basically inescapable command grab wake-up. Fun!

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I have some air tight setups against people in the corner. It only loses to wake up supers and certain very good wake up attacks that will have the invincible frames or nullifies it against Bane's armor then you just recovery punish.

He's very effective if you can take people into the corner. That's why I've said ring toss is good in the past. It has damage and positional advantage if you don't want to use up your meter for certain things.

Bane got a viable buff and huge corner damage + lockdown. It's pretty reliable.

Shit, I'd say to play a good Bane but you're not interested in learning. Read the forums. Or GTFO
Too late for that chief... sold it already. Too much bullshit for me tbh. I Guess there wasn't enough :cool: Justice for me to stick around lol. But let me know when people ACTUALLY think :p

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
*flame post of ancient times deleted by mod*.
Yet you still come back for more punishment?
I like how you didn't ask for "whys", you only gave statements and got mad when people pointed out the obvious errors.
if you are going to be salty and leave, then just leave. We don't care about people on a personal level, you are just a name and an avatar. If you want to learn, stay and learn. If you don't, then don't. We aren't going to lose sleep over hurt feelings, this is for people who want to adapt and improve, not for people looking for an easy way out and someone to hold their hands.

Yet you still come back for more punishment?
I like how you didn't ask for "whys", you only gave statements and got mad when people pointed out the obvious errors.
if you are going to be salty and leave, then just leave. We don't care about people on a personal level, you are just a name and an avatar. If you want to learn, stay and learn. If you don't, then don't. We aren't going to lose sleep over hurt feelings, this is for people who want to adapt and improve, not for people looking for an easy way out and someone to hold their hands.
you proved my point... the only way that someone hates a fighting game mechanic/game itself is if they're " salty " because this game is obviously perfect right? GTFO Here... i guess on that note im leaving..... Whatevs :cool: