What's new

Guide How To Pressure

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
If they don't have anything that comes out faster than command grab after d1, then they have to jump. Otherwise they can mash you out of it. Of course if you pop venom, that's not a problem and it turns into a true 50/50.

I'm having trouble understanding how frame data works in this game. If d.1 really is +17 on hit, why are none of my follow ups linking? I've tried f.2,d (11f startup), 3 (15f), and even another d.1 (11f) but nothing ever links. They just get blocked.

Edit: Similarly, b.11 is listed as +18 on hit and I can't seem to link something such as 3 or d.1 after it. The opponent just blocks.

I'm used to frame data in SF4 where a move that is +5 on hit can be linked into any move with 5f or less startup for a combo and I can consistently hit most 2f links and some 1f links in SF4. I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong in this game though...

I see. That's something new I'll have to adapt to I guess XD Thanks. I'll have to go through your OP again when I get home with that in mind :p

Reactions: RYX

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm not really convinced Bane is a good or even great char yet, but he is very fun to play. The writeup on the first page is excellent also. I don't have nearly as much lab time as I used to so the forums really help

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i felt the same a few days ago, Nori, but the last couple of days i've been trying out using the higher levels of venom more often, and instead of running away when it runs out, staying in and using more of my specials that simply have a longer duration to run the timer down, it seems to be more helpful to end combos in double punch when your venom's over because you dont have to slow as hell dash up to keep pressuring to run the debuff down, or just ending in command throw as usual as it takes about 2/3 seconds to perform in total.

certain characters you don't have to fear the debuff getting hit by wakeups etc so you can stay in with the debuff and still not be in so much danger, but then theres characters like WW/GL who get full combos from wakeups who will wreck you in debuff.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
i felt the same a few days ago, Nori, but the last couple of days i've been trying out using the higher levels of venom more often, and instead of running away when it runs out, staying in and using more of my specials that simply have a longer duration to run the timer down, it seems to be more helpful to end combos in double punch when your venom's over because you dont have to slow as hell dash up to keep pressuring to run the debuff down, or just ending in command throw as usual as it takes about 2/3 seconds to perform in total.

certain characters you don't have to fear the debuff getting hit by wakeups etc so you can stay in with the debuff and still not be in so much danger, but then theres characters like WW/GL who get full combos from wakeups who will wreck you in debuff.
I'm realizing the same thing. Once you're in, you might as well stay in, especially if you're on the second life bar with meter built up. If someone breaks free and into a combo, go into the clash, win the clash, and the venom recharge will be finished.

SaltyPrime

More salt please.
I wanna thank RYX for this guide last night I won 5 survivor matches in a row which is the best I have ever done in any fighting game online. That d.1 pressure is amazing and I used the B.23 into the double punch and I was just blowing up people with that shit. I made alot of mistakes and I need to work on my other pressure options but thanks to your guide im definitely doing alot better online.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
only just realised Bane can combo off his 113 in the corner, and 1 being 9 frames makes it good for frame traps in the corner after a b1/d1, 113, b1, 123~command grab gets 34% , which is 4% more than the usual b23, b1, 123~command grab BNB that i usually use in the corner, also 113 is easily hit confirmable, so on block you can just cancel into specials and on hit into command grab, Bane is so good in the corner!

If it weren't for freaking back dash, Bane would be so good everywhere. How do I punish people for back dashing out of knockdowns? You can get them with the charge if you time it right, but that's it.

Can you back dash out of any knockdown?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If it weren't for freaking back dash, Bane would be so good everywhere. How do I punish people for back dashing out of knockdowns? You can get them with the charge if you time it right, but that's it.

I don't think they're invincible the whole time. Let them back up, keep on them. They'll push themselves to the corner for you.

It works both ways as well; Bane's back dash is probably one of the best so getting out of strings makes countering with long ranged moves like f.2.down and standing 2 is just lovely.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter

timing your command grab perfectly is unavoidable by backdashing, but if you have any doubts you can always take a slight step forward on their wakeup and if they backdash your grab will catch them mid dash.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
do you need to hit it extra early or delay and catch them late?
timing it right to beat the backdash before it comes out means doing it earlier than you might normally do it, to catch the backdash as he does it you must delay it slightly.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Real talk, command grab's reach is insane. It actually reaches farther than his overhead.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I haven't played around with the backdash. I can relate to what he's saying though. It seems like after landing a double punch midscreen, the opponent either rolls backward or gets up and dashes away as I'm dashing forward to continue the pressure. But, you guys are saying the command grab catches players that want to get up and dash away?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Like was mentioned, an early double punch will stuff most backdashes before they start. A meaty d1 could work too if it's an untechable knockdown.

And I've been having a lot of success with backdashing on wakeup/during pressure. Kinda helps to keep Bane from getting mauled up close by characters like batman, superman and nightwing. Then (if) they realize they can't mash pressure strings on wakeup and either have to stuff it early or delay the punish. So now they've figured it out and are gonna punish that shit hard, right?

Wrong.

Suddenly....wakeup VENOM X3 BREAK THE BAT.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
I was blowing up many of my friends in casuals today (they aren't random scrubs either, people who know what they're doing). I did a ft10 with my Bane vs one of my other friend's Grundy. It was back and fourth, but i beat him 10-8. That B+23 is truly amazing. After that, I would juice and sometimes make him guess with either B+1's or empty jump into command grab. When he was in the corner, Juice X3 Super all day because he jumps when he gets scared XD.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
After much practice tonight, I've realized you can get the pressure in with dashing, even if they tech roll. You can literally Double Punch and dash your way across the screen if the opponent doesn't start blocking low. And even then, it sets up mix ups with him. This might have been what you've talked about all along. I'll make some time and record what I'm talking about tomorrow.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Added command grab section.

Going to update some other sections with stopping backdashes and the like.