What's new

How To Not Get Bodied by Darkseid

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Alright p2w bruh ggs and i admit you won ,1st off i didnt know we were doing a ft10 wtf i thought we were just playing games, the score was like 10-7 and mad matches came down to the wire , but bro the connection was also sketch lol. Also i didnt know the deadshot matchup with darkseid, and i had to lab it out, now if you wanna do an actual ft10 then we can but dont call casuals that you invt me to a ft10 implying like it was some real set lol.
Lolol p2w confirmed saddest person alive

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't understand crimson and whoever. "Derp if its so easy just play sonic lul"

No shit sonic would body all of us, he didn't get to winning multiple evos and ruling the scene with an iron fist by being a marginal player. He's the best. His ability to beat people with a character does nothing to hinder the argument that he was getting away with a ton of gimmicks previously.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Deadshot and Darkseid... mmm... I can't wait to watch both of yall do one move 80% of the time. HYPE!!!!

Everything is scary when you are fighting tech that you have never seen before. Most of us have not seen this stuff from Darkseid; that's why it caught most of us by surprise. In every fighting game, everything will get figured out. It is just a matter of time. Some of this tech is great. It can also be applied to other characters (like Atrocitus).

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
D3 is the best anti darkseid wu shit in the game. While most characters have to worry ab darkseid on wu, she just d3 and shuts down everything. Darkseid must block, that alone is a maxing for the matchup. Also cat stance low profiles lasers, so she can build meter while canceling to get in. Something few characters can do. there's some other little things as well like her very anti DS d2 and more. I'm away from my console ATM so I can't go more in depth without using theory

Not downplaying, just stating options (cuz I feel I have to say this)

JesterSMX

D3 is the best anti darkseid wu shit in the game. While most characters have to worry ab darkseid on wu, she just d3 and shuts down everything. Darkseid must block, that alone is a maxing for the matchup. Also cat stance low profiles lasers, so she can build meter while canceling to get in. Something few characters can do. there's some other little things as well like her very anti DS d2 and more. I'm away from my console ATM so I can't go more in depth without using theory

Not downplaying, just stating options (cuz I feel I have to say this)
Hook, line, and sinker... Thank you for pointing those options out because that's what I was hoping for. She low profiles Darkseid on wakeup with d3 but becomes minus while doing so.

This one is the most important... She can't go into stance AT ALL in any point of the matchup. Test it... non mb high omega beams hit her in stance unless you're in an impractical exact 2/3 full screen.

No meter building... It's stepping forward inch by inch until he builds trait to put you in a mixup. If you survive you can't continue pressure because you have no meter. Only way you get meter is by getting hit and keeping your turn.

Generalbit

Hook, line, and sinker... Thank you for pointing those options out because that's what I was hoping for. She low profiles Darkseid on wakeup with d3 but becomes minus while doing so.

This one is the most important... She can't go into stance AT ALL in any point of the matchup. Test it... non mb high omega beams hit her in stance unless you're in an impractical exact 2/3 full screen.

No meter building... It's stepping forward inch by inch until he builds trait to put you in a mixup. If you survive you can't continue pressure because you have no meter. Only way you get meter is by getting hit and keeping your turn.
My B about the stance thing. That was done to me in a match and I thought it was universal anywhere on screen, currently on vacation so normally I wouldn't post something like that without being in the lab as I do it.
However saying that wu shit is irrelevant because u lose ur turn is completely false, aside from conditioning DS to not wu meterlessly which no other character can do to the best of my knowledge, her sweep is what, -10? What can darkseid do?
How is this matchup any worse for her than it is for robin? Plus she's got better AA's and anti wake up stuff that robin doesn't (as easily)

JesterSMX

My B about the stance thing. That was done to me in a match and I thought it was universal anywhere on screen, currently on vacation so normally I wouldn't post something like that without being in the lab as I do it.
However saying that wu shit is irrelevant because u lose ur turn is completely false, aside from conditioning DS to not wu meterlessly which no other character can do to the best of my knowledge, her sweep is what, -10? What can darkseid do?
How is this matchup any worse for her than it is for robin? Plus she's got better AA's and anti wake up stuff that robin doesn't (as easily)
All good... D3 is -8 but Darkseid has a floating hitbox on wakeup. D3 doesn't connect. Whiffs totally and he gets out of recovery frames before you do and I don't think she can be punished but she lost her turn.

Generalbit

All good... D3 is -8 but Darkseid has a floating hitbox on wakeup. D3 doesn't connect. Whiffs totally and he gets out of recovery frames before you do and I don't think she can be punished but she lost her turn.
DS knee wake up gets stuffed everytime, maybe ur timing or distance isn't perfect?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't understand crimson and whoever. "Derp if its so easy just play sonic lul"

No shit sonic would body all of us, he didn't get to winning multiple evos and ruling the scene with an iron fist by being a marginal player. He's the best. His ability to beat people with a character does nothing to hinder the argument that he was getting away with a ton of gimmicks previously.
Just to clarify, this whole discussion started from someone saying that Sonic should never be allowed to get away with jump-in mixups and air teleports. The point we were trying to make is that he does these things at times that take full advantage of what his opponent is doing. He's not just sitting there doing these things randomly when you're waiting in neutral to blow them up.

I think this was proven again today -- and I think it's not very controversial as this is part of what makes Sonic so good in the first place. But that is where we were coming from.

So the point was, if you think you can blow up every air teleport and jump in Sonic does, just play him and demonstrate. No ill will intended, but if you're going to blow up his opponents, you should be able to demonstrate how to better play the matchup.

Somehow this became "Crimson said everybody has to beat Sonic Fox 10-0 or stfu" but that's not what the point was :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Even when @EMPEROR_KNICKS DECLASSIFIED the darkseid FAKE shit people still saying "oh it's sonic it's not as random"... staph it everybody he was doing shit because nobody knew wtf to do I see ranked darkseid do the same crap day 1 that y'all praosed sonic about... this video series was needed knicks to show that what sonic was calling "setplay" was fake and all the options he showed where pure gimmicks like d1 teleport... empty jump teleport, and 21, minion smh tym home of dick riders
First off, as I already said, threads and videos like these are an absolute must for our community. Everyone is so keen on "hiding" shit until tournaments, and then wonder why players like @SonicFox5000 dominate our scene. Not everyone is naturally talented and can win purely on their own merit. We as a community need to help each other if we want to surpass our own limits. I cannot stand this mentality our community has adopted. People think withholding tech is self serving but it directly conflicts with their own goals.

With that said, something being a gimmick or "fake" doesn't mean it shouldn't work or that it isn't useful. Something a lot of players do is think in terms of black and white and don't consider all the other variables that come into play. I'm not suggesting everyone SonicFox faces knows what's real and what isn't. What I'm saying is just because something is technically a gimmick, it doesn't mean people who fall victim to it are ignorant or are bad players. You can fully know something isn't real and still lose to it. It comes down to conditioning, yomi, split second decisions, actual tournament pressure, and so many other variables and way too many to list.

If we as a community don't shake all these absolutely terrible mentalities, we are never going to evolve and a handful of players will continue to dominate like everyone else is cannon fodder.

Reactions: Rey

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Just to clarify, this whole discussion started from someone saying that Sonic should never be allowed to get away with jump-in mixups and air teleports. The point we were trying to make is that he does these things at times that take full advantage of what his opponent is doing. He's not just sitting there doing these things randomly when you're waiting in neutral to blow them up.

I think this was proven again today -- and I think it's not very controversial as this is part of what makes Sonic so good in the first place. But that is where we were coming from.

So the point was, if you think you can blow up every air teleport and jump in Sonic does, just play him and demonstrate. No ill will intended, but if you're going to blow up his opponents, you should be able to demonstrate how to better play the matchup.

Somehow this became "Crimson said everybody has to beat Sonic Fox 10-0 or stfu" but that's not what the point was :)
I agree with a lot of this, people shouldn't put words in your mouth. At least how I read it, I don't think these posts were meant to criticize Sonic's opponents though. It's gotta be hard as fuck to play Sonic period, especially with a very good and somewhat unexplored setplay character in a new game. It sounds like a nightmare.

It was more just to inform, I doubt that most of the people letting DS air tele for free knew that it had 48 recovery frames(im talking in general not top players, they HAD to know at this point). It's like in MKX when people would let Sub get away with an unsafe klone cancel, it's more "hey you can actually blow that up", not "Wow dumbass are you just gonna let him do that?"

This isn't so much directed at crimson since he is reasonable, I just think there is a disconnect between both sides of the arguement.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
First off, as I already said, threads and videos like these are an absolute must for our community. Everyone is so keen on "hiding" shit until tournaments, and then wonder why players like @SonicFox5000 dominate our scene. Not everyone is naturally talented and can win purely on their own merit. We as a community need to help each other if we want to surpass our own limits. I cannot stand this mentality our community has adopted. People think withholding tech is self serving but it directly conflicts with their own goals.

With that said, something being a gimmick or "fake" doesn't mean it shouldn't work or that it isn't useful. Something a lot of players do is think in terms of black and white and don't consider all the other variables that come into play. I'm not suggesting everyone SonicFox faces knows what's real and what isn't. What I'm saying is just because something is technically a gimmick, it doesn't mean people who fall victim to it are ignorant or are bad players. You can fully know something isn't real and still lose to it. It comes down to conditioning, yomi, split second decisions, actual tournament pressure, and so many other variables and way too many to list.

If we as a community don't shake all these absolutely terrible mentalities, we are never going to evolve and a handful of players will continue to dominate like everyone else is cannon fodder.
Agree we as a community need to stop praising and lab and if tech is found share it. It's simple.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Just to clarify, this whole discussion started from someone saying that Sonic should never be allowed to get away with jump-in mixups and air teleports. Blahblahblah more cancer.
It's insanely hypocritical of you to completely misrepresent what I said in a post about how you've allegedly been misprepresented. Especially when it's been reiterated at least a dozen times since.