What's new

How To Not Get Bodied by Darkseid

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
After watching red hot sundays and ppl being very sleep on darkseid i felt like i had to make these videos because sonic was using hella gimmicks and ppl didnt know what to do. THESE VIDEOS ARE NOT MEANT TO TRASH SONIC IN ANY WAY!. Any way i also want @Pig Of The Hut to upload to his channel because more ppl need to see this and i state in the video that he can and he as my permission. Anyway guys hope you enjoy.
And also special thanks to brian5524 who helped me make this.
@CrazyFingers ,@Johnny Based Cage ,@PLAYING TO WIN ,@Eldriken ,@YUZU_RZA ,@REO , @SonicFox5000 , @anyone i forgot to tag.

REO

Undead
I think Darkseid is very good and cheap in match-ups but the whole "Darkseid is auto top three" because Sonic is out playing and out yomi-ing so many players to death is a bit of a bill.

From what I've been told, Sonic thinks Darkseid beats and counters Aquaman and only thinks Darkseid loses to Black Adam and that's it. I personally don't agree with that but hey to each their own. Things like MU opinions are never really going to be finalized anyway so the whole Darkseid is top three thing is up for debate rather than somehow a accumulating fact now.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I think Darkseid is very good and cheap in match-ups but the whole "Darkseid is auto top three" because Sonic is out playing and out yomi-ing so many players to death is a bit of a bill.

From what I've been told, Sonic thinks Darkseid beats and counters Aquaman and only thinks Darkseid loses to Black Adam and that's it. I personally don't agree with that but hey to each their own. Things like MU opinions are never really going to be finalized anyway so the whole Darkseid is top three thing is up for debate rather than somehow a accumulating fact now.
Sonic is godlike but he was using hardcore gimmicks on rhs.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

Legit, the Aquaman MU isn't AS bad as we thought but it certainly isn't a winning MU for Aquaman and he loses to more than just black Adam. But it's good this conversation has been started, otherwise people wouldn't be more knowledgeable about the character. Knicks would have never made this thread if the conversation didn't start.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Legit, the Aquaman MU isn't AS bad as we thought but it certainly isn't a winning MU for Aquaman and he loses to more than just black Adam. But it's good this conversation has been started, otherwise people wouldn't be more knowledgeable about the character. Knicks would have never made this thread if the conversation didn't start.
that tech you posted yesterday i tested it out, aquaman players can forward dash it.

I agree that Darkseid looks top 3 at least partly because the top 1 player is playing him but if you watch Sonic's matches carefully he's not being quite as yolo random as you make it seem.

And oh man, I'm watching this video now and in a closed setting where your opponent knows what you're going to do and you are advising him on what to do defensively he STILL gets hit like 50% of the time. Saying you can do all these defensive moves on these set ups is fine in theory but in practice against an opponent who is as good at conditioning as Sonicfox it's far more difficult.

There are also plenty of times where players tried the exact strategies that you've laid out here and they've gotten stuffed or crossed up or put in a blender like when the GAME didn't know what side Darkseid was going to hit Superman on.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I agree that Darkseid looks top 3 at least partly because the top 1 player is playing him but if you watch Sonic's matches carefully he's not being quite as yolo random as you make it seem.

And oh man, I'm watching this video now and in a closed setting where your opponent knows what you're going to do and you are advising him on what to do defensively he STILL gets hit like 50% of the time. Saying you can do all these defensive moves on these set ups is fine in theory but in practice against an opponent who is as good at conditioning as Sonicfox it's far more difficult.
I play Brian all the time he doesnt play the characters i asked him to play, he didnt know how to do watershield at first, but i play his catwoman all the time and he does these things against me as well as numerous other ppl i have shown, again im not trashing sonic but he was using gimmicks.

Wavy

Block Spammer
I too felt like he was getting away with things that shouldve been punished. However, sonic is sonic, he can take most if not all characters and make them look great. His conversions were on point. Sonic using a character with great mix is hard to deal with.

With that said, I still think sonic is absolutely wrong about Darkseid being top 5. He was getting away with far too many things.

I play Brian all the time he doesnt play the characters i asked him to play, he didnt know how to do watershield at first, but i play his catwoman all the time and he does these things against me as well as numerous other ppl i have shown, again im not trashing sonic but he was using gimmicks.
I think some of these "gimmicks" are really effective though.

I'm not gonna go through the whole 2+ hour stream but here's a match the 1st match between Playing2win and Sonicfox on Pig's Twitch. I'm gonna give a time stamp of every time P2W tried to do some of the things you've mentioned.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151341000

0:16- Get's hit with an instant air-stomp- Got caught blocking high. No he could not have anti-aired because he was just hit with a d1 and he was negative.

0:18- Ducks an air laser but he doesn't roll in- decides it's better to zone as Deadhot than attempt to 50/50 Darkseid to death.

0:21- Sonic pulls out trait- P2W doesn't react quickly enough to punish, it's not clear if he even CAN punish. Sonic throws minion and does a GROUND teleport. P2W jumps back to avoid the set up and get's caught by Sonic's ji1. That's just an amazing adjustment or read by Sonicfox. It's hard to tell which.

0:27- P2W activates trait. He's negative, Sonic goes for a jump in, P2W doesn't have time to anti-air, decides to block high, get's hit by air stomp again. Yes, he could've blocked it but that was a pure 50/50. It's fair to say he shouldn't have activated trait in that situation.

0:31 P2W sees a jump in, reacts too late to anti-air, eats another stomp because he's pressing buttons instead of blocking low.

0:34 P2W sees AN EMPTY AIR TELEPORT and tries to anti-air with d2 and it completely whiffs because he's in the corner and it crossed up. He eats an air stomp and gets full comboed for his troubles. Sonic sees that d2 is whiffing so he does the same thing 2 more times.

1:10 P2W successfully air-to-airs an empty air teleport from Sonic

1:20- P2W attempts to poke after mb Knee and eats a combo- maybe he thought Sonic was going for a string with his + frames

1:34- P2W dies to lasers.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I think some of these "gimmicks" are really effective though.

I'm not gonna go through the whole 2+ hour stream but here's a match the 1st match between Playing2win and Sonicfox on Pig's Twitch. I'm gonna give a time stamp of every time P2W tried to do some of the things you've mentioned.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151341000

0:16- Get's hit with an instant air-stomp- Got caught blocking high. No he could not have anti-aired because he was just hit with a d1 and he was negative.

0:18- Ducks an air laser but he doesn't roll in- decides it's better to zone as Deadhot than attempt to 50/50 Darkseid to death.

0:21- Sonic pulls out trait- P2W doesn't react quickly enough to punish, it's not clear if he even CAN punish. Sonic throws minion and does a GROUND teleport. P2W jumps back to avoid the set up and get's caught by Sonic's ji1. That's just an amazing adjustment or read by Sonicfox. It's hard to tell which.

0:27- P2W activates trait. He's negative, Sonic goes for a jump in, P2W doesn't have time to anti-air, decides to block high, get's hit by air stomp again. Yes, he could've blocked it but that was a pure 50/50. It's fair to say he shouldn't have activated trait in that situation.

0:31 P2W sees a jump in, reacts too late to anti-air, eats another stomp because he's pressing buttons instead of blocking low.

0:34 P2W sees AN EMPTY AIR TELEPORT and tries to anti-air with d2 and it completely whiffs because he's in the corner and it crossed up. He eats an air stomp and gets full comboed for his troubles. Sonic sees that d2 is whiffing so he does the same thing 2 more times.

1:10 P2W successfully air-to-airs an empty air teleport from Sonic

1:20- P2W attempts to poke after mb Knee and eats a combo- maybe he thought Sonic was going for a string with his + frames

1:34- P2W dies to lasers.
P2w did not know the matchup and was playing it poorly you saying a gimmick is good is fine, its still a gimmick, alot of these things you also mentioned werent gimmicks lol. Also p2w never ppushblocked etc so yah.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
@EMPEROR_KNICKS Scar and Sonic Fox just did a best of 7 (shoutouts to @Juggs) exhibition at E3 on Netherrealm's Twitch and Scar was clearly more familiar with the matchup than some of what went down the other night, doing things like consistently a2a'ing raw air teleports, escaping knockdown set-ups, etc.

Still lost 4-2 because it's still Sonic Fox lul and Darkseid is still a goddamn beast too of course, but it was a p dope set and good to see people already learning the matchup better than whatever else we've seen so far.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
@EMPEROR_KNICKS Scar and Sonic Fox just did a first to 7 exhibition at E3 on Netherrealm's Twitch and Scar was clearly more familiar with the matchup than some of what went down the other night, doing things like consistently a2a'ing raw air teleports, escaping knockdown set-ups, etc.

Still lost 4-2 because it's still Sonic Fox lul and Darkseid is still a goddamn beast too of course, but it was a p dope set and good to see people already learning the matchup better than whatever else we've seen so far.
If it was ft7, how did he lose 4-2? Did you mean best of 7 exhibition?