What's new

How To Not Get Bodied by Darkseid

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm not sure if all these darkseid may just be op threads are just the latest shot at SonicFox's legitimacy or if people really still think the trick to beating him is "don't get hit by gimmicks." I do applaud the videos though.

omooba

fear the moobs
my only problem with this thread is the use of the word gimmick and i feel like you did the same thing with a smoke video/thread (could be wrong, could've been someone else). stop saying gimmick when you want to say you have options and you don't just have to dit there and die. gimmicks implies if i know the match up i shouldn't be getting hit my this. gimmicks is quan chi b3,2 call out bat and do a hard-to-blockable. gimmicks is not if you have a bar u can push block. that's like saying batman's pressure is gimmicks. that's like saying atrocitus's 50/50's is gimmicks. also you can't say it's gimmicks because aquaman doesn't have to hold it like bruh he doesn't have to hold combos what is this?
oh it's not real because AQUAMAN can anti air it. can batman anti air stomp? nope whiffs. can ivy anti air stop lolz bruh
then oh it's not real because if you do it late you can poke and if you do it early your plus and your d1 doesn't reach... so batman's pressure with bats out(which isn't plus at all on block) isn't real.
i feel like this post might seem like just hate which it isn't. i'm 100% fine with the thread title because that's really what this is, just showing your options but what he's doing... 100% not gimmicks

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Watch the set he just had with Scar at E3 then. A ton of this stuff was used by Scar and he didn't look like it was day 1 for him against the character.
It was 4-2. I seen scar adapted more to reaction but Sonic still condition him like the other night.

Glad sonic is being exposed for his gimmicks. It's nothing new though. He pulled this crap back in mkx with his 5050 combo spam. Easy to play when you can just go aaron black and spam overhead-low or low-low strings all game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Glad sonic is being exposed for his gimmicks. It's nothing new though. He pulled this crap back in mkx with his 5050 combo spam. Easy to play when you can just go aaron black and spam overhead-low or low-low strings all game.
It's easy huh? See there's a difference between educating everyone on how to beat certain thinga SonicFox is doing. But it's another thing entirely when you claim what he's doing is easy and it's to win with. That's when people respond with "if it's so easy, why don't you do it"?

Also, might be the first time I heard "combo spam" used on TYM unironically. Kudos

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It was 4-2. I seen scar adapted more to reaction but Sonic still condition him like the other night.
And what the fuck does the score of the set have to do with Scar showing more familiarity with the matchup by consistently punishing raw aerial teleport attempts, escaping knockdown trait set-ups, etc?

Did literally anyone here at all ever say that if you do these things Darkseid is suddenly Swamp Thing tier and Sonic Fox is free?

MATCHUP FAMILIARITY. THAT IS ALL.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
And what the fuck does the score of the set have to do with Scar showing more familiarity with the matchup by consistently punishing raw aerial teleport attempts, escaping knockdown trait set-ups, etc?

Did literally anyone here at all ever say that if you do these things Darkseid is suddenly Swamp Thing tier and Sonic Fox is free?

MATCHUP FAMILIARITY. THAT IS ALL.
What are you talking about and why are you getting mad? You said to watch it and I did. Your point was that Sonic got away with things and the other player wasn't punishing. I seen Scar punish and play the match up more but still was basically Sonic doing the same thing he did on Sunday. Where did I say anything Darkseid is suddenly Swamp thing tier in my last comment? I"m honestly asking trying to discuss this topic without you getting offensive.

People are claiming Sonic is getting away with stuff and I trying to see there point and for them to show me.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
@EMPEROR_KNICKS Scar and Sonic Fox just did a best of 7 (shoutouts to @Juggs) exhibition at E3 on Netherrealm's Twitch and Scar was clearly more familiar with the matchup than some of what went down the other night, doing things like consistently a2a'ing raw air teleports, escaping knockdown set-ups, etc.

Still lost 4-2 because it's still Sonic Fox lul and Darkseid is still a goddamn beast too of course, but it was a p dope set and good to see people already learning the matchup better than whatever else we've seen so far.
Good thing ppl are learning.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
my only problem with this thread is the use of the word gimmick and i feel like you did the same thing with a smoke video/thread (could be wrong, could've been someone else). stop saying gimmick when you want to say you have options and you don't just have to dit there and die. gimmicks implies if i know the match up i shouldn't be getting hit my this. gimmicks is quan chi b3,2 call out bat and do a hard-to-blockable. gimmicks is not if you have a bar u can push block. that's like saying batman's pressure is gimmicks. that's like saying atrocitus's 50/50's is gimmicks. also you can't say it's gimmicks because aquaman doesn't have to hold it like bruh he doesn't have to hold combos what is this?
oh it's not real because AQUAMAN can anti air it. can batman anti air stomp? nope whiffs. can ivy anti air stop lolz bruh
then oh it's not real because if you do it late you can poke and if you do it early your plus and your d1 doesn't reach... so batman's pressure with bats out(which isn't plus at all on block) isn't real.
i feel like this post might seem like just hate which it isn't. i'm 100% fine with the thread title because that's really what this is, just showing your options but what he's doing... 100% not gimmicks
Not all of it was gimmicks that i showed, you are right. But air tele is a huge gimmick lmao, first off every character has a free option against lmao batman can air to air it on reaction ivy can air to air and walk away if she doesnt think she can anti air lmao. Again im pretty sure in the videos i said every character can do it on reaction. It isnt 100 percent gimmicks your right but a lot of it is gimmicky. I have never posted about smoke or made a video about him btw.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
What are you talking about and why are you getting mad? You said to watch it and I did. Your point was that Sonic got away with things and the other player wasn't punishing. I seen Scar punish and play the match up more but still was basically Sonic doing the same thing he did on Sunday. Where did I say anything Darkseid is suddenly Swamp thing tier in my last comment? I"m honestly asking trying to discuss this topic without you getting offensive.

People are claiming Sonic is getting away with stuff and I trying to see there point and for them to show me.
Sonic mopped scar on rhs , today it was way closer and he wasnt letting sonic get away with the fake stuff, as much.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Watch RHS and you'll see a dozen instances of Sonic Fox jumping up and doing a raw teleport only to have his opponent stand there and block what ensues. Watch Scar's set and you'll see him j1 him out of that shit a dozen times instead.

This is literally all we said, that there are certain aspects of what played out on Sunday night that looked like unfamiliarity with the matchup. Scar was also backdashing set-ups, taking demon hits to avoid the full combo mix-up instead, etc. He just very obviously seemed to have a better grasp on the matchup and the final game came down to the pixel, so it could have very easily been 3-3 and come down to game 7, which also indicates more of the same.

Nobody said this is how to beat Sonic, Darkseid isn't good, etc. We said here's some things you can do in this matchup if you're familiar with it and lo and behold, Scar's doing them! Imagine that!

I think the confusion with everyone here seems to be that we're not at all talking about what Sonic is doing, but what opponents to Darkseid should be doing in response to that. Gimmicks aren't just gimmicks unless the opponent is exposing them, so I'm not at all suggesting Sonic Fox should have done a damn thing differently. But if you let him get away with shit like raw air teleports, you're gonna have a bad time.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If 'exposed' is just switching up what you're doing and then winning anyway, then I guess he was 'exposed'.. Lol

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
lol

yes just to be clear its not the fucking f word that makes me think that some of you guys might be be getting just a little worked up bout some of the praise Darkseid is getting

ill say no more. HAVE AT IT CHAPS