What's new

How To Not Get Bodied by Darkseid

Tweedy

Noob
Scar is probably the 2nd best Superman right now behind Theo. Him losing to Sonic, when he knows the match up, helps Darkseid's case. Superman has struggled vs Darkseid all this time, it's just players who can't deal with Superman regardless, trying to blame their character.

Maybe Superman's 2nd worst match up behind Catwoman.

Ggs to empr nick. I literally just beat him in a ft 10 and punished 80% air teleports and about 50% stomps.

But I can't take a life bar off sonic.

Again. Fox does things at a range where there is a lot to account for mentality and u are not telling the difference btw ground teleport and insta air teleport. He 'gets away' with more stuff bc he understands when a person is overwhelmed mentally. In footsies range just count all the thinks u have to be cognizant of.

@Pig Of The Hut i just beat nicks. Let me play that other darkseid downplayer cage guy in this threat on RHS. Let me show I will punish most of his air tele and stomps if blocked. Fox bodied everyone bc he is better at understand when to do these things.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Ggs to empr nick. I literally just beat him in a ft 10 and punished 80% air teleports and about 50% stomps.

Again. Fox does things at a range where there is a lot to account for mentality and u are not telling the difference btw ground teleport and insta air teleport. He 'gets away' with more stuff bc he understands when a person is overwhelmed mentally. In footsies range just count all the thinks u have to be cognizant of.

@Pig Of The Hut i just beat nicks. Let me play that other darkseid downplayer cage guy in this threat on RHS. Let me show I will punish most of his air tele and stomps if blocked. Fox bodied everyone bc he is better at understand when to do these things.

E

Eldriken

Nobody is downplaying. You guys need to stop with this stupid crap of putting words in peoples' mouths that were never said.

Seriously. Stop.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Nobody is downplaying. You guys need to stop with this stupid crap of putting words in peoples' mouths that were never said.

Seriously. Stop.
OMG YES...THIS...Reading through these threads is ridiculous. It's like some people decided to create this new narrative in their heads and roll with it. All the while, the rest of us are over here looking at you like, "Da Fuq?"

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

Seriously. Stop.
I think the misunderstanding here is that we seen how Sonic was able to beat people with Darkseid. By conditioning them and getting into their heads and making them play into his game. Watching him use Darkseid like that was something else because we never seen anyone use Darkseid in that way at all. And @Pig Of The Hut was showing that.

Then we seen other posters state that he got away with a lot of things, this was unsafe, no one anti air. Yes we know that. But it look like certain people were looking at just the character, and not the player using the character against the other player.

It's one thing to watch something and state what the other player did wrong against another player, but actually going up against the character after commenting what are "Gimmicks" and "Flaws" and showing it is a whole different story.

It's ok to discuss this. This is what a forum is for. There no reason for each side to to point fingers. I don't see anything what we are stating and asking is wrong? If you are pointing out things that are punishable, that are gimmicks, that are unsafe that Sonic was doing to condition them, please show us that it won't happen to you.

E

Eldriken

OMG YES...THIS...Reading through these threads is ridiculous. It's like some people decided to create this new narrative in their heads and roll with it. All the while, the rest of us are over here looking at you like, "Da Fuq?"
I guess people pointing out that you don't have to hold everything they saw happening on the screen is us claiming we're better than those who Fox was facing and that we can properly react to every situation every single time.

All we were saying was that there were options and they were laid out. We KNOW that you will NOT ALWAYS defend against a setup accordingly despite knowing your options. It's human nature to fuck up, get conditioned, etc.

So, please, for the last time, any phrase along the lines of "Let 'so and so' fight Fox on RHS and show us how it's done since it's so simple" needs to go away.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Even when @EMPEROR_KNICKS DECLASSIFIED the darkseid FAKE shit people still saying "oh it's sonic it's not as random"... staph it everybody he was doing shit because nobody knew wtf to do I see ranked darkseid do the same crap day 1 that y'all praosed sonic about... this video series was needed knicks to show that what sonic was calling "setplay" was fake and all the options he showed where pure gimmicks like d1 teleport... empty jump teleport, and 21, minion smh tym home of dick riders

E

Eldriken

I think the misunderstanding here is that we seen how Sonic was able to beat people with Darkseid. By conditioning them and getting into their heads and making them play into his game. Watching him use Darkseid like that was something else because we never seen anyone use Darkseid in that way at all. And @Pig Of The Hut was showing that.

Then we seen other posters state that he got away with a lot of things, this was unsafe, no one anti air. Yes we know that. But it look like certain people were looking at just the character, and not the player using the character against the other player.

It's one thing to watch something and state what the other player did wrong against another player, but actually going up against the character after commenting what are "Gimmicks" and "Flaws" and showing it is a whole different story.

It's ok to discuss this. This is what a forum is for. There no reason for each side to to point fingers. I don't see anything what we are stating and asking is wrong? If you are pointing out things that are punishable, that are gimmicks, that are unsafe that Sonic was doing to condition them, please show us that it won't happen to you.
But...we can point out what someone was doing wrong without having to show that "it won't happen" to us? Holy crap on a stick. What is going on here?

How do you think people find out about their mistakes? They get pointed out, which is what was being done. People pointed out that you don't have to sit there and watch Fox air teleport on you without a Parademon to cover him and people are like, "OMFG IF IT SIMPLE U DO IT AT EVO OMG OMG OMG OMG". It's getting ridiculous.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

Seriously. Stop.

This. 100%. @PLAYING TO WIN and @Tweedy you wonder why nobody likes either of you but all you do is misquote and misinterpret people left and right and fail to understand things that very basic levels of reading comprehension should make pretty goddamn clear.

Here's two things that pointing out a move that's going unpunished in multiple set when it should no longer be in due time with more matchup familiarity is not: downplaying of the character and downplaying of the player doing it. Period.

The fact that you even just said "bc you are so terrified of stomp" further demonstrates you have no fucking understanding of what you're quoting whatsoever. He cannot stomp out of raw air teleport for 48 entire frames and that's why Scar consistently demonstrated an understanding of that by air-to-airing him when he'd do it. THAT IS ALL. That doesn't mean Darkseid is a trashcan or Sonic should get mopped lolol. Jesus fucking Christ it's like trying to explain how the triangle block doesn't fit into the square hole to a room full of autistic kindergarteners.

Again, and for the very last time, as the game progresses beyond its FIRST MONTH, some of the things Darkseid players including the greatest of all time himself won't be getting away with nearly as much are raw air teleports without a demon to cover and opening people up with b1u2 after blocked jump-ins (though that will take far longer even I'm sure to get fuzzying the low stomp and overhead b1 down).

I'm not suggesting I myself can beat top players or that players who consistently a2a Sonic out of teleports like Scar did that whole set will even be able to beat him, so please fucking learn to read and stop getting your panties all in a twist just because you got mopped on stream and someone pointed out things you could do better next time. Let's face it bruh, you're clearly no Scar, but calling out people who never claimed to be him either makes you look pathetic lul.

I think Sonic Fox is clearly the greatest of all time and he's playing Darkseid at the highest possible level at this stage in the game's life. I think Darkseid is a fantastic character. How else can I spell this out so you'll understand it?

Linkuei82

But...we can point out what someone was doing wrong without having to show that "it won't happen" to us? Holy crap on a stick. What is going on here?

How do you think people find out about their mistakes? They get pointed out, which is what was being done. People pointed out that you don't have to sit there and watch Fox air teleport on you without a Parademon to cover him and people are like, "OMFG IF IT SIMPLE U DO IT AT EVO OMG OMG OMG OMG". It's getting ridiculous.

I mean if someone telling me something about a mistake in any type of event that involves two people, I'm going to ask them to show me?

Right I understand pointing out mistakes, but saying and doing one things is two different things.

When have I ever said "OMFG IF IT SIMPLE U DO IT AT EVO OMG OMG OMG OMG?" If they are gimmicks please show us was my point. And isn't that how RHS has always started since PIG made them? Better yet I think that's how all matches have started in the FGC since the dawn of time with one player criticizing what the other player did? But we are not allow to say it now because you don't agree?

E

Eldriken

I mean if someone telling me something about a mistake in any type of event that involves two people, I'm going to ask them to show me?

Right I understand pointing out mistakes, but saying and doing one things is two different things.

When have I ever said "OMFG IF IT SIMPLE U DO IT AT EVO OMG OMG OMG OMG?" If they are gimmicks please show us was my point. And isn't that how RHS has always started since PIG made them? Better yet I think that's how all matches have started in the FGC since the dawn of time with one player criticizing what the other player did? But we are not allow to say it now because you don't agree?
We can show you in theory, which is all we're claiming to do. We never said we'd do better than someone else in a live situation, dude. No one.

No one is ever going to 100% always do what they're supposed to do in any given situation in a match. No one has said this. No. One. So why are people demanding others go out there and "show them" in an actual match instead of just doing what Knicks did?

The tech needs to be put on display for everyone to see, which is what was done. No player has to go out there and do anything specific against another player for the tech to be legit.

Linkuei82

We can show you in theory, which is all we're claiming to do. We never said we'd do better than someone else in a live situation, dude. No one.

No one is ever going to 100% always do what they're supposed to do in any given situation in a match. No one has said this. No. One. So why are people demanding others go out there and "show them" in an actual match instead of just doing what Knicks did?

The tech needs to be put on display for everyone to see, which is what was done. No player has to go out there and do anything specific against another player for the tech to be legit.
I'm not demanding I'm asking bro. That's all I ever was doing the whole time. It's hype as well to see if someone can prove their theory or not.

I know if I feel strong about something I feel the other people wasn't doing I would want to show it and prove it if I believe I see something other people don't.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Just relax. Darkseid's very good, that hasn't been denied. Sonic is also very good. These are 2 objective facts as of now. That's a winning combination right there. So it's gonna be hard for people even who know what to do in a given situation against darkseid to do so against Sonic. That doesn't mean these aren't real options.

Anyone suggesting this thread shouldn't have been made or serves no purpose because this tech doesn't give u an auto win against any skill level darkseid is plain stupid. Any tech that further opens up a matchup should be explored and shared.

E

Eldriken

I'm not demanding I'm asking bro. That's all I ever was doing the whole time. It's hype as well to see if someone can prove their theory or not.

I know if I feel strong about something I feel the other people wasn't doing I would want to show it and prove it if I believe I see something other people don't.
I'm not trying to say that you're the one claiming these things, dude. Perhaps I should have clarified on that point. I'm referring to the others that have made that demand. I (and others) just don't get where they're getting the idea from that we said anything that should merit that response. :confused:

People have now been shown what their [current] options are for Darkseid's current meta. It's now up to them to make use of it (when they can).

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

We did show you. Scar was consistently a2a'ing Sonic Fox's raw teleports and we pointed that out too, so watch it. He even demonstrated some of the tech Knicks mentioned in his videos to escape set-ups. Him losing the set is completely irrelevant lol.

I'm not a fucking top player who has to be capable of showing you how to do this at Evo grand finals against Sonic Fox myself lul. I can be like "hey, this move has 48 frames of recovery before Sonic can do shit so you should get on that" and then a day later you can watch someone do exactly that on a live E3 stream. You can watch actual, relevant top players (of whom I would not include someone like P2W who hasn't done shit in any game in years except call out casuals on TYM lul) literally do the things that we've pointed out can and should be done in the matchup.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
TYM Member Logic will forever confuse me. If someone states facts on how to beat or blow up a certain situation to help others in a certain matchup (while never once claiming that they themselves can do this 100% of the time), why are you blowing them up? Just because something is pointed out, why would you automatically assume that said person needs to now show you how to do it and to prove it? Where is this neanderthal logic coming from? Like, someones giving you suggestions, how about just taking it for what it is and stop overthinking. No one is claiming that they can take the throne from the king, just pointing out what was seen.

Like seriously people...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
TYM has become a place where someone can't post legitimate anti-character tech without being criticized. Not a buff/nerf thread. Not a dlc thread. A legit applicable tech thread to help players defeat a character, and learn MU familiarity.

Is this it? Is this the dream that we had for the forum? Is this the end?

/DONE

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
TYM has become a place where someone can't post legitimate anti-character tech without being criticized. Not a buff/nerf thread. Not a dlc thread. A legit applicable tech thread to help players defeat a character, and learn MU familiarity.

Is this is? Is this the dream that we had for the forum? Is this the end?

/DONE
"Is this is?"

I think so

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

Is this is? Is this the dream that we had for the forum? Is this the end?

/DONE
It's like the Deadshot thing all over again. You could say "there's actually gaps in some of his strings here they are" and the glue eaters on this site would say "OMG you're such a downplayer Deadshot is broke!" because they rather blame their defeat on Deadshot/can't read when all you were trying to do was help.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)

Alright p2w bruh ggs and i admit you won ,1st off i didnt know we were doing a ft10 wtf i thought we were just playing games, the score was like 10-7 and mad matches came down to the wire , but bro the connection was also sketch lol. Also i didnt know the deadshot matchup with darkseid, and i had to lab it out, now if you wanna do an actual ft10 then we can but dont call casuals that you invt me to a ft10 implying like it was some real set lol.