What's new

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked?

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked (KL) ?

• Total voters

ferdog8

Noob
I still haven't found my main, but I try to focus on one character for a couple of days/week(s)

-Started with Kano, got 1 mirror match.
-Moved to Erron, got a few but not as much as I'm finding them now.
-Switched to reborn scorpion, I found a lot of Searing Rage and just a 2 or 3 reborns.
-Started using Kotal, didn't get any mirrors
-When Shang dropped I started using him in KL and kept using Kotal in casuals... got 2 mirrors.
-Since last week I've been using Johnny (I think I'm sticking with him as a main) and haven't played a mirror yet.

Throughout my experience, I've seen a lot of people that have Kombat Kards with the characters I'm using, but usually never pick them. Could be that they are avoiding the mirror.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Don't face Subzero often. Maybe once every couple of days.

It's just Scorpion, Shang, and Erron. All day long.

With a side dish of LK and KL, sprinkled with some Jade, Jacqui and Geras here and there.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've only fought Jax twice. He's the latest character I've really focused on and have almost exclusively played him since the season started.

Baraka was my previous main and I've only seen him once

My first main was Kano and I've yet to see any on KL.

I see Liu Kang, Scorpion and Kung Lao more than anyone. It's annoying to barely see any character variety, but I've learned all three match ups pretty well now.
I'd love fighting more than just the regular 5-6 we see a lot. When I get in a match with a Kollector I have no idea what to do except block low.

Frost mb 2 times, 1w and 1l. The rest is mixed. I have noticed that a lot of people have a pocket character (it's a pure coincidence that he's always scorpion lol) to play

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Do you think the matching system actively tries to not match you with your main? Or am I way off base? And can they even do that?
Im starting to question myself about this as well, i main Geras and haven’t fought him more than 10 times in about 300 online matches lmao

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Scorpion and Sub-Zero mains everywhere. Most of the Scorpion mains are lame or child. Just waiting for a teleport or throw opportunity. but there are few cool Scorpion mains too. Playing like a god. i respect them. i use Reborn Scorpion as a secondary character and i love the character.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I find it interesting since a lot of people tell me they fight Cassie a lot but I never had one match against her. I mostly get:

Jax
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Sonya
King Lao
Lui Kang
And some Kano

Do you think the matching system actively tries to not match you with your main? Or am I way off base? And can they even do that?
I main Raiden and I've never fought another Raiden in Ranked. Granted, I play mostly Versus Casual, but even there, I've faced Raiden 3-4 times since the game came out. And those were not even Raiden mains, they all played other characters initially and then at some point picked him for a match or two. This is the least used version of Raiden I've ever seen.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm also starting to wonder if there's some algorithm involved that avoids your main.

Cetrion- maybe 3-4 or so times.
Cassie- like 2x.
Kabal- like 2x.

I'm not even lying when I say around 80-85% of my matches are against Scorpion, Geras, Kung Lao, Erron, Liu Kang. I avoid playing the mode now due to the repetitive character selection and of course disconnects. I also get a lot of Shao Kahn's which I find weird.

I used to always see Sonya and Sub-Zero, but now I never see them at all.

this thread isn’t about Scorpion or Scorpion hate, so don’t turn it into one.
All threads are about Scorpion hate.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm also starting to wonder if there's some algorithm involved that avoids your main.

Cetrion- maybe 3-4 or so times.
Cassie- like 2x.
Kabal- like 2x.

I'm not even lying when I say around 80-85% of my matches are against Scorpion, Geras, Kung Lao, Erron, Liu Kang. I avoid playing the mode now due to the repetitive character selection and of course disconnects. I also get a lot of Shao Kahn's which I find weird.

I used to always see Sonya and Sub-Zero, but now I never see them at all.

All threads are about Scorpion hate.
Yep, currently putting a chart together with the data from the poll. I'm also 100% sure that out of the people who played their mains a lot 6-10 and 11+, they're probably the most popular characters (scorpion, sub, sonya, etc.,) at least, that's my thesis statement as of now.

As a Skarlet main I have only fought a few and the matches are always close. Most people tend to just counterpick to scorpion though.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Not often which considering what people say would be “odd”.
I main scorpion but have fought like maybe 5. I mostly run into (in order of frequency):
Kano
Kung Lao
Jacqui
Sonya
Sub-Zero