What's new

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked?

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked (KL) ?

• Total voters

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
As a Jax player (though now I'm transitioning to skarlet in KL to hopefully alleviate this), I fight nothing but:

Cassie
Kabal
Sonya
Jade

If it's not these 4, I must not be in KL! :p

other than that, I get the odd Baraka and Liu Kang and that's about it. Although I did face 2 back to back D'vorahs today when I hidden selected. lol

No scorpions... like... ever. lmao

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Of all the KL games I've played so far I've only played against one noob (and I won that set). I usually end up playing against:

Wifi scorpion
Sub-Zero
Johny Cage
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Shao Kahn

Oddly enough I still haven't played against a jax, kano or even a Sonya. I feel like having a match making system based on what characters you use the most would be pretty great! Fighting someone who has the same main as you is always good learning experience.
That’s a good point, fighting your main is always helpful to see how other people play them. But mirror matches do get annoying after a while.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
As a Jax player (though now I'm transitioning to skarlet in KL to hopefully alleviate this), I fight nothing but:

Cassie
Kabal
Sonya
Jade

If it's not these 4, I must not be in KL! :p

other than that, I get the odd Baraka and Liu Kang and that's about it. Although I did face 2 back to back D'vorahs today when I hidden selected. lol

No scorpions... like... ever. lmao
I've fought a handful of Jax-es who have all played really differently, which has been pretty neat. Including a Jax who tried to zone, which is maybe the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I've only fought Jax twice. He's the latest character I've really focused on and have almost exclusively played him since the season started.

Baraka was my previous main and I've only seen him once

My first main was Kano and I've yet to see any on KL.

I see Liu Kang, Scorpion and Kung Lao more than anyone. It's annoying to barely see any character variety, but I've learned all three match ups pretty well now.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Once.. I have seen 1 Shao KIhan and he picked it after loose 2 rounds.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I have fought three, count 'em, THREE Kabals.
One Clean Cut in the true mirror, who kept doing 221 and I'm pretty sure had just picked him up that afternoon.
One Mean Streak that I bullied to death with Diagona-Wheels who, again, was doing Day 1 stuff.
And one Mean Streaker who took me down to the last fight, we both won a round with a Fatal Blow, and I got him at the end of both our health bars with a rrreeeaaalll crisp D1 into Dash into F4~Dash Brutality.
Because every time I think of doing a Mercy, I think of Oberyn Martell, and I say screw that noise.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Only once have I come across another Kano main... who immediately switched to Erron Black when I beat him in the mirror for the first game of the set in KL. I encounter EB, Scorpion, Sub Zero, Erron Black, and Jacqui far more than I encounter the rest of the cast.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Had around 170 sets and played like 3-4 noob Saibots. But I think i met every character in the game, that's a good sign :)

I've only paid like 3 baraka's and they're either garbage or super good and beat me. I mainly fight lui kang, jaqui, jax, erron, geras, Sonya, Johnny, Cassie and scorpion. Lui kang probably comes up the most. Lots of love for the earth realmers online oddly.

The wild kanos and kollectors that appear every once in awhile always beat me because I have no idea what's going on lol

Top 5 I've fought the most(not in any order):
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Sonya
Erron Black
Jade

Of the Jade fights, I've won most and lost a few. The losses were all close games.

I would love to fight Jax and others that I haven't fought yet to see how I fare against them.

This is on Xbox One, BTW.