What's new

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked?

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked (KL) ?

• Total voters

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I find it interesting since a lot of people tell me they fight Cassie a lot but I never had one match against her. I mostly get:

Jax
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Sonya
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
And some Kano

Do you think the matching system actively tries to not match you with your main? Or am I way off base? And can they even do that?

Attachments

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Jade: EXTREMELY little. The only recent instance (recent being the last 3 weeks) was a guy who swapped to mirror me after I won the first match.

Kabal: oddly, never. I've fought one in the last month or so.

99% of what I fight on PC in KL is Scorpion, Cassie, Sonya, and Liu Kang with a little bit of Shang and Sub-Zero mixed in here and there. The other 1% are the mad lads maining off brand characters like Kotal, D'Vorah, Jax, and Shao who regularly kick my MU-knowledgeless ass.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
As a Kabal main I have fought two different kabals both using mean streak, and I use clean cut so don't think that really counts. Not sure how that is possible given he is hands down the best designed character on the roster and is easily in contention for top 5.

Where you Kabal mains hiding? I will find you...

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I only fight against Scorpion.

... and sometimes Sub-Zero.

Baraka shows up once a week. I've fought less than 5 Jade players. I am the only Cetrion, and somebody else today told me I was the only Cetrion they had seen too.

Almost forgot, there is like one really angry black guy that plays Jax everyday.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
So far, I've fought another Johnny ONCE, and the best part? After I beat him, he went STRAIGHT to the Cetrion counterpick, like... bruh.

I still beat him, but still... the audacity!

Oh, and if the match-maker really did try not to give you too many mirror matches, I'd hate to see the queue times for Scorpion players. lol

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
When I first started playing the game and only played Erron for the first month, he was EVERYWHERE. Now when I have played ranked it’s Liu, Sonya, and (of course) Scorpion.

Wigy

There it is...
I have played 2 frosts ever.

Scorpion
Erron
Sonya
Liu
Sub
Jacqui
Jax

I have probably played each other these characters more than the rest of the cast combined.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
As a Scorpion main, he obviously comes up fairly often, but most of what I've absolutely fought Sub-Zero, Erron Black, Liu Kang, and Sonya by a significant margin. Those 4 are everywhere.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
dirtbag kano main about 180 ranked matches (all with dirtbag) (only played the first 10 days)

vs dirt bag ~ zero times
vs ripper ~ twice

i have played cassie a decent amount of times

most players run to cassie, scorpion, skarlet and erron because of my zoning. so i have played those 4 the most.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
dirtbag kano main about 180 ranked matches (all with dirtbag) (only played the first 10 days)

vs dirt bag ~ zero times
vs ripper ~ twice

i have played cassie a decent amount of times

most players run to cassie, scorpion, skarlet and erron because of my zoning. so i have played those 4 the most.
I've fought like.. 5 or 6 Kanos in KL so far. Still don't totally understand the match-up, so I hope to run into more.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
As a Scorpion main, he obviously comes up fairly often, but most of what I've absolutely fought Sub-Zero, Erron Black, Liu Kang, and Sonya by a significant margin. Those 4 are everywhere.
hmm so you fight Scorpions more than those others you mentioned?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
What does a Scorpion Mirror even look like? I imagine they just sit and hold block on opposite sides of the screen until one them gets impatient and either lets go of block and trys to move, or throws out a yolo teleport. Like the most boring episode fo chicken of all time.
Damn bro relax lmao this thread isn’t about Scorpion or Scorpion hate, so don’t turn it into one.

Last edited:
I find it interesting since a lot of people tell me they fight Cassie a lot but I never had one match against her. I mostly get:

Jax
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Sonya
King Lao
Lui Kang
And some Kano

Do you think the matching system actively tries to not match you with your main? Or am I way off base? And can they even do that?
i play on pc. i get liu,geras,scorpion,sonya,cassie,jacqui.

the higher rank and mmr you get the more top tier character you will be playing in a row. I think i played againts shang (my main) like 3 times

RakeemGTR

Eat Ass n Nuts
Of all the KL games I've played so far I've only played against one noob (and I won that set). I usually end up playing against:

Wifi scorpion
Sub-Zero
Johny Cage
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Shao Kahn

Oddly enough I still haven't played against a jax, kano or even a Sonya. I feel like having a match making system based on what characters you use the most would be pretty great! Fighting someone who has the same main as you is always good learning experience.