What's new

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked?

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked (KL) ?

• Total voters

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
What does a Scorpion Mirror even look like? I imagine they just sit and hold block on opposite sides of the screen until one them gets impatient and either lets go of block and trys to move, or throws out a yolo teleport. Like the most boring episode fo chicken of all time.
80% of the time it’s me blocking/punishing after baiting out a TP following blocking opponents strings to the point they get impatient and spacing their “spacing”

The other 20% is legit trying to outplay one another

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I play reborn scorpion but I have only ever faced searing rage in KL.
I actually have run SR from the start but agree, in all modes all except one scorpion has run SR. I’m currently learning reborn so I can jump back and forth as needed (I just had no interest in reborn at first but now see how useful it can be in certain matchups)

What does a Scorpion Mirror even look like? I imagine they just sit and hold block on opposite sides of the screen until one them gets impatient and either lets go of block and trys to move, or throws out a yolo teleport. Like the most boring episode fo chicken of all time.
Actually might be my favorite matchup to play

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Maybe you’re right about them avoiding your most played characters :confused: nobody seems to be fighting their main unless they are sub or scorp.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I've been seeing a lot of Kung Lao since CEO. Online Kung Lao is almost as bad as online Erron Black they're just nuts. Every time I win one I say "Never play my character again"

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I'd love fighting more than just the regular 5-6 we see a lot. When I get in a match with a Kollector I have no idea what to do except block low.
You just described my entire panic gameplan against Kollector as well. I have no idea what that guy does.

I've fought him twice.
Once against a really good player who absolutely bodied me then sent me a message saying "Another for the Kollection"

So baller I couldn't even be mad haha.

Second was a scrubby Kollector who literally only did jump kick into his multi stab special or low kick into his multi stab special. And always did an armored wake up every single time.

So once I saw that pattern it was easy mode. Just bait and punish.

But he had like 31 wins and less than 10 losses. Smh. I guess if it works why try anything different, but I just couldn't enjoy playing only using 5 moves the entire game.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
"I mostly get:

Jax
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Sonya
King Lao
Lui Kang
And some Kano"
Your opponents in KL can play other characters than this???

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I played about 70 matches now and only ran into 2-3 Sub players, all of them swapped after one match from or to him. I play only thin ice, this variation still gets played less than DoW I feel.

Other than that I fought A LOT of scorpions, Geras, Erron Blacks and Barakas (for some reason). Some Cassies, Jaxes but mostly the aforementioned. Idk why, but I run into Barakas all the time in ranked and in Kasuals too

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I get SO many Liu Liu's it's not even funny. At least I know the MU well enough to interrupt his kick strings, but damn son.

Remember when people said he was low tier? LUL
Yea it’s kinda ridiculous. I guess it’s because he’s quite simple to pick up, his gameplan is also easy to execute. Scrubs aren’t able to interrupt his shit and he gets a lot of dmg for minimum effort/execution.
In my opinion he is ok, but definitely less good offline. I like playing Lius because they’re so used to just mash out their kick strings it’s easy to whiff punish them most of the time. I never ran into someone who was really good with him tbh

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yea it’s kinda ridiculous. I guess it’s because he’s quite simple to pick up, his gameplan is also easy to execute. Scrubs aren’t able to interrupt his shit and he gets a lot of dmg for minimum effort/execution.
In my opinion he is ok, but definitely less good offline. I like playing Lius because they’re so used to just mash out their kick strings it’s easy to whiff punish them most of the time. I never ran into someone who was really good with him tbh
I ran into a pretty good one, the match was really close he was using the parry instead of finishing the kick string or using his low fireball.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Yea I had a couple of those, but most of them still weren’t good at spacing and general footsies. Once you’ve seen the different options a bunch of times you can react better and depending on your character the parry is easily blown up, if you recognize it.

I feel like lius footsies are not the best generally, but he definitely has the tools to play solid, most people do not really take advantage of that unfortunately. He is a really solid character tho and you can play him patiently for sure. Lius online go apeshit tho pretty much all the time.

Hot_DNA

Noob
Jade... I played one last night and after the first match they switched lol.. but overall about 6 Jades in about 200 matches

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Jade... I played one last night and after the first match they switched lol.. but overall about 6 Jades in about 200 matches
I actually played some jades, lots of people switch to her. I feel like they do it if they got rushed down before and try to keep me from getting in. Usually they do lots of unsafe shit tho (f21 and b12 f.e.), especially thin ice sub bodies jades who do not play safe and knowledgeable ^^

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Kotal Kahn. Just played another Kotal main a few days ago, and that was the first time.

Last edited:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I've run into maybe 5 Cetrions out of 100-120 matches. She's not a "pick up and rock people" kind of character so I'm not surprised at all.

I think you're only gonna run into your main a noticeably high amount of times if you play:
-Erron Black
-Scorpion
-Sub-Zero
-Liu Kang
-Kung Lao
-Sonya

Those are the chars I play constantly.