What's new

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked?

How Many Times Have You Fought Your Main in Ranked (KL) ?

• Total voters
I have never run into another Kotal in ranked.

Obviously a massive amount of WiFi Scorpions.

Liu Kang is also surprisingly common. I suspect because many players can't deal with his zoning (which probably feeds into the near-infinite Scorpion player population cuz fuck-neutral-teleport)

With how ridiculously strong (and honestly relatively simple) Baraka is, I'm so very surprised I don't see him way more often. Toothy bastard just EATS health bars.
Yeah, absolutely. I think the reason is that Baraka doesn't really have stuff that's both spammable and useful in virtually every scenario. He's easy to pick up for people who care about playing neutral and getting better at playing the game. He's less easy for people that want to learn a couple specials and use them to basically ignore the game. The other thing is it can be a little difficult/risky to close distance quickly with Baraka.

For me, as a person that's interested in getting better at fundamentals but is still by all means a new fighting game player, he's maybe the best character to pick up as a first main. His inputs are easy, his high damage strings are easy when you set them up right, he's got some good pokes, he's got a great whiff punisher, and he doesn't have insane tools that make you feel like you're improving but you're not.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Since I started playing Kano exclusively in KL, I started getting Cassies. I'm telling you all, this isn't a conspiracy theory, they got an algorithm going on.
hehe, aside the funny aspect, yeah, I suspect of this .... that there is some kind of script, or algorythm involved in matching making for MK11 .... kinda, putting you against the characters you played the most, or something .... sort of as in the Krypt, you spending millions in Shrine, only to get skins for characters you don't play or you don't care, hehe :joker:

the stuff is so crazy, that some people in reddit and Steam even talked about NRS putting infiltrated AI bots , with random crazy names, to appear once of while in KL, to steal you from easy victories in this mode, hehe :p

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
hehe, aside the funny aspect, yeah, I suspect of this .... that there is some kind of script, or algorythm involved in matching making for MK11 .... kinda, putting you against the characters you played the most, or something .... sort of as in the Krypt, you spending millions in Shrine, only to get skins for characters you don't play or you don't care, hehe :joker:

the stuff is so crazy, that some people in reddit and Steam even talked about NRS putting infiltrated AI bots , with random crazy names, to appear once of while in KL, to steal you from easy victories in this mode, hehe :p
Oh wow really? I need to read these reddit posts lmao I like conspiracy theories, even if they're insane.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I've played 5-10 Shang's out of 200+ matches on KL.

Who I usually Face:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub Zero
  3. Kung Lao
  4. Erron Black
  5. Sonya
  6. Geras
  7. Jacqui
  8. Baraka.
Anyone else is few and far between and the majority is Scorpion then Sub. They are counters to my character. Lao is getting popular though. So is Erron After GrandMaster in Demi God.

The Shangs just use him for one march and then counterpick after losing. I don't mind Cuz its FT2 and if they couldn't handle Shang on first match changing won't help that much.

@Vslayer I recently picked up Kano and I'm thinking about using him as a backup. I feel he is very strong in certain matchups and online no one labs anything up so he us basically A Tier online since they don't know how to fuzzy or OS his options. Any tips, do you have setups or tech for Kano?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Of all the KL games I've played so far I've only played against one noob (and I won that set). I usually end up playing against:

Wifi scorpion
Sub-Zero
Johny Cage
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Shao Kahn

Oddly enough I still haven't played against a jax, kano or even a Sonya. I feel like having a match making system based on what characters you use the most would be pretty great! Fighting someone who has the same main as you is always good learning experience.
Maybe they can make a Ranked mode on Season 2 that allows us to search for 3 characters we want to play against for MU exp.
I also think it could be cool to have a ranked mode based on the character you use and get rewards based on your character progress.

RakeemGTR

Eat Ass n Nuts
Maybe they can make a Ranked mode on Season 2 that allows us to search for 3 characters we want to play against for MU exp.
I also think it could be cool to have a ranked mode based on the character you use and get rewards based on your character progress.
I love that idea! It's kinda lame to play ranked and not get rewards for the character that you main. It's like what's the point?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I've played 5-10 Shang's out of 200+ matches on KL.

Who I usually Face:
  1. Scorpion
  2. Sub Zero
  3. Kung Lao
  4. Erron Black
  5. Sonya
  6. Geras
  7. Jacqui
  8. Baraka.
Anyone else is few and far between and the majority is Scorpion then Sub. They are counters to my character. Lao is getting popular though. So is Erron After GrandMaster in Demi God.

The Shangs just use him for one march and then counterpick after losing. I don't mind Cuz its FT2 and if they couldn't handle Shang on first match changing won't help that much.

@Vslayer I recently picked up Kano and I'm thinking about using him as a backup. I feel he is very strong in certain matchups and online no one labs anything up so he us basically A Tier online since they don't know how to fuzzy or OS his options. Any tips, do you have setups or tech for Kano?
Slip in my DM's I'll give you the full sausage, I MEAN, breakdown.

Like Circus told me, you have to mix them. You're a good player so you probably know which strings to interrupt with a D1, Kano's is pretty fast so that's his best poking tool. After you D1, you can do risky stuff like F2 and go into lumbar check which gets you pretty good damage. You can Kano ball if you think they'll counter poke, or you can grab which is the safest-ish options against most characters. I tried that against Geras, didn't work out well for me.

Use lumbar check in neutral, most people block low and they'll freak out about it. Once you condition them to fear lumbar, go into his overhead a lot you'll get it like 9/10. I would use F43, B4 to mix a lot, it's really what Kano has to resort to other than enforcing his lumbar check and F2 offense. F1 is advancing but sucks, I usually go into a grab cause he can't start a combo from it.

Fish for that 241+3 combo and just be really patient. Going for the jump back kano balls, oddly enough, has won me rounds so don't be afraid to use it if you have meter and if they aren't blocking them.

He's really, really fun to play. I like playing risky and doing ballsy stuff so if you enjoy that too you're gonna have a blast with him.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I agree, being able to get Krypt gear for your main for using them in KL would be AMAZING.