What's new

Question How is Nightwing bad in the current meta?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
the real question I have is why are there so many NW mains online? Every other person I run into is a NW main for whatever reason. I didn't know everybody felt so strongly about Dick
Nightwing/Dick Grayson is a beloved character in the DC Universe with a MASSIVE fanbase. I'm sure most just play him because Nightwing is fucking badass.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Good I'm glad someone finally told me this...lol

Numbers are just opinions. Who do you main? Play against orochi as NW and tell me that can't be considered worse than 4-6

Ive played rebelo in sets. Its not 6-4 man.. No offense to other gl's. But if im going even with you or you have a slight lead on me at the end of the set, you're not playing the mu right.

Nw suc,,,,, rrrrrrr suffers :) from brain dead zoning.. Supes , gl <<rebelo. raven << Play glass sword, shot out to maninmal :), cyborg < fuckin k7 and slaj, Sinestro << ptw and fgt cowboy. Im not completely sold on zod being so bad yet, but i can see it..

In case 1 you are complaining NW faces disadvantage MU versus GL, Sinestro, Zod & Hawkgirl and say nothing about NW being able to fight the top 4 listed better than most of the cast. In case 2 we have most of the cast complaining about the top 4 and do not complain about GL, Sinestro, Zod and Hawkgirl.

Which case is worst? Perhaps since it took about a year for the top 4 to start rocking the boat NW players are just caught up in the grass is greener syndrome.
Who are the top 4 in your opinion? Just because he goes 5-5 with Martian and Aqua that makes it okay for him getting raped by the other characters? Lol no.... how does he fight them better than most of the cast? He's just another 5-5 to those characters. It's not like he is this secret almighty counterpick to them. It is still a tough fight regardless.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ive played rebelo in sets. Its not 6-4 man.. No offense to other gl's. But if im going even with you or you have a slight lead on me at the end of the set, you're not playing the mu right.

Nw suc,,,,, rrrrrrr suffers :) from brain dead zoning.. Supes , gl <<rebelo. raven << Play glass sword, shot out to maninmal :), cyborg < fuckin k7 and slaj, Sinestro << ptw and fgt cowboy. Im not completely sold on zod being so bad yet, but i can see it..
i agree with you man...its super tough sometimes when they can zone you AND they know the MU. I'm not convinced the Raven MU is terrible yet. With smart reads and good stance changes he might actually out zone her. Honestly I haven't played Glass in months other than one set in tournament where I started to adapt just a little too late.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Im not completely sold on zod being so bad yet, but i can see it..
I don't think that MU is SOOOO bad, but it's definitely in Zod's favor by more than a slight margin (still a 6-4 imo). If a NW gets in or walks me into the corner, I pretty much need to pushblock him out and try to escape, but it seems hard for them to do that in the first place.

Who are the top 4 in your opinion? Just because he goes 5-5 with Martian and Aqua that makes it okay for him getting raped by the other characters? Lol no.... how does he fight them better than most of the cast? He's just another 5-5 to those characters. It's not like he is this secret almighty counterpick to them. It is still a tough fight regardless.
Some characters 5-5 MMH and the MU is a PITA 5-5. Nightwing 5-5's MMH and it's a chill 5-5.

...and the first sentence in your post still stinks of you ignoring the main point of argument of this entire thread. Quit going off topic into all your rants. Stay on topic lol

As for my top 4? Allow me to direct you to my infamous Sprint Tier List 2014!

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
It's a hard matchup if you play it correctly. IMO it's more leaning towards 7-3 GL but you really need to know the MU. Nightwing has a lot of gimmicks that are not safe and can be poked out of. I doubt you know how to play the MU and you're spouting numbers off like you do.
Lol GL has a lot of gimmicks NW can get out of too why would that alone make it 7-3? And your GL is NOT better than mine so I have just as much room to talk as you do.
It's 6-4 slight GL adv however you wanna call it. No worse

Some characters 5-5 MMH and the MU is a PITA 5-5. Nightwing 5-5's MMH and it's a chill 5-5.

...and the first sentence in your post still stinks of you ignoring the main point of argument of this entire thread. Quit going off topic into all your rants. Stay on topic lol

As for my top 4? Allow me to direct you to my infamous Sprint Tier List 2014!
lol how am I going off topic you make a thread asking why NW isn't that good and I'm telling you. It's a chill 5-5? I don't know about that lol. Fighting Martian is anything but chill regardless of who you play. Just because he can "handle" 4 characters that other people complain about doesn't mean shit, seeing as he gets wrecked by more than 4 characters. He is not a definitive counter pick to them either.

If people are complaining about MMH and NW mains handle him fairly well, wouldn't you say that these other people are not having a chill time playing the MU and NW players are? Simply due to the fact that the MU for NW isn't as bad as the others... otherwise you would hear NW mains complaining. NW mains are not complaining about MMH.

Thus, it's a chill 5-5 ;)

Last edited:
If people are complaining about MMH and NW mains handle him fairly well, wouldn't you say that these other people are not having a chill time playing the MU and NW players are? Simply due to the fact that the MU for NW isn't as bad as the others... otherwise you would hear NW mains complaining. NW mains are not complaining about MMH.

Thus, it's a chill 5-5 ;)
Okay it's a chill fight you got me. NW is a great tourney top 8 viable character based on your logic that he goes 5-5 with 4 characters. Do you even play NW? if you do go play REO and Jupiter and tell me how chill it is. If not go learn NW and play REO and Jupiter and tell me how chill it is. Go to a tournament and play all NW and your question to your own thread will be answered.

You see... this is what I meant by you going off randomly. This thread isn't about NW being a top 8 viable character. It has nothing to do with me needing to learn how to play NW or learning the MU's by playing REO of Jupiter. Stay on topic already lol
Your thread asks Why is NW bad in the current meta? I answer your question saying why he is bad and his downfalls and state that because he has 5-5's with 4 characters does not mean he is good. So including REO and Jupiter in my post is going off topic when you are talking about the Martian matchup? Makes sense. I answered your question in full and go further into it by telling you to learn the character because you obviously question why he is being called bad and do not understand. By doing this you will learn. I am by no means going off topic.

Your thread asks Why is NW bad in the current meta? I answer your question saying why he is bad and his downfalls and state that because he has 5-5's with 4 characters does not mean he is good. So including REO and Jupiter in my post is going off topic when you are talking about the Martian matchup? Makes sense. I answered your question in full and go further into it by telling you to learn the character because you obviously question why he is being called bad and do not understand. By doing this you will learn. I am by no means going off topic.
My main curiosity at this time is whether it should be considered worse to have a handful of 4-6's vs mid tier characters or vs the current most complained about chars.

For instance, on the one hand you don't hear complaints about Sinestro, Hawkgirl and Cyborg but NW does. On the other hand you don't hear NW complaining about MMH, Aquaman, Bane and Flash but a lot of other character mains are.

I'm not sure if this is clear but that's the essence. It has nothing to do with being top 8 viable, me learning the MU's or challenging REO or Jupiter.

Edit: To further illustrate my point I can use Batman who everybody knows pretty much 5-5's the entire cast and may be a 4-6 vs MMH and Theo & Forever King claim it is a 3-7 vs Aquaman. Is it better to 5-5 the entire cast and struggle vs the most dominant, and future dominant, character in the game as well as Aquaman? Or simply struggle vs a few mid tiers and loose badly to horrible characters like Cyborg but do rather well vs MMH, Aquaman, Bane, Flash and pretty much 5-5 / 4-6 the rest.

Is the challenged presented to Darth Arma greater when he faces Rico or Theo's Aquaman or when NW players face PPJ's Hawkgirl?

JDM

Noob
Lol GL has a lot of gimmicks NW can get out of too why would that alone make it 7-3? And your GL is NOT better than mine so I have just as much room to talk as you do.
It's 6-4 slight GL adv however you wanna call it. No worse
Lmao my GL is definitely better than yours son.

@gpmoney Help me out here.

JDM

Noob
nope, ive seen you play.
plus most of the shit i say about the character is right or damn close to it so im gonna keep doing it :)
I heard you sucked. Haven't seen you play and haven't seen you won any tournaments so I'm gonna guess you do. :/