What's new

Question How is Nightwing bad in the current meta?

Espio

Kokomo
Every character has their 4-6's, not every character can fight these 4.
Oh I agree with you, I'm mostly just messing lol, but from what I hear from Nightwing mains is he has some match ups that are tough beyond merely 4-6 disadvantage.

I dunno because I don't play him, but I trust their input on the character.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Oh I agree with you, I'm mostly just messing lol, but from what I hear from Nightwing mains is he has some match ups that are tough beyond merely 4-6 disadvantage.

I dunno because I don't play him, but I trust their input on the character.
Don't know about many of his match ups but Zod sure feels that way.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Top most complained about chars Q1 & Q2 2014.
  • MMH
  • Bane
  • Flash
  • Aquaman
Nightwing fights these characters rather well, wouldn't you say?

I ask you then, how is Nightwing bad?
He has problems with zoning. His hurtbox is huge so even in escrima it's hard to get around some zoning and interactables. Plus his dash is kinda ass. It's recovery is slow. Since none of the characters listed really zone TOO hard, he does fine in those matchups.

Defintely not bad. Just frustrating to play in those mu's where he gets zoned out.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So, I've been wondering. Why does Nightwing go even with MMH?

I'd like to know.

What does he do vs Orbs, trait 3, OH teleport, etc. I'm actually asking because I have never seen this MU played. Ever.

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
So, I've been wondering. Why does Nightwing go even with MMH?

I'd like to know.

What does he do vs Orbs, trait 3, OH teleport, etc. I'm actually asking because I have never seen this MU played. Ever.
His ground pound is effective against mmh zoning and he can flying Grayson out of oh teleport. He can also check mmh after post oh tp. Duel of the frame traps also. The mu is pretty even imo

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
His ground pound is effective against mmh zoning and he can flying Grayson out of oh teleport. He can also check mmh after post oh tp. Duel of the frame traps also. The mu is pretty even imo
How does Staff stance do vs. Traited Martian?

How do NW players deal with Orb set-ups?

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
How does Staff stance do vs. Traited Martian?

How do NW players deal with Orb set-ups?
Traited Martian wins that's why you back off from him and orb setups are respected but mmh also has to respect nws frame traps when nw attacks

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
He does ok against those characters, but doesn't beat any of them, and it only gets worse when he runs into characters who he doesn't fight that well.

Weak mobility, lack of great normals, no real consistent mixups, and bad interactable control cause him to be frustrating to play a lot of the time. He is a good character, but everybody in injustice is good. Why play a good character when everyone else is better?

He does ok against those characters, but doesn't beat any of them, and it only gets worse when he runs into characters who he doesn't fight that well.

Weak mobility, lack of great normals, no real consistent mixups, and bad interactable control cause him to be frustrating to play a lot of the time. He is a good character, but everybody in injustice is good. Why play a good character when everyone else is better?
One could argue Nightwing's average MU against characters outside of the 4 listed above is about as frustrating as everyone else's MU vs these same 4 characters.

Interesting note: Characters taking names are the 4 listed above.