What's new

How do you feel about MKX?

When you think about MKX...

• Total voters
I'm only disappointed in the netcode. I can't stand playing the game online but I have no choice because there are not too many people in Birmingham that play this game, plus I have this ridiculous work schedule. There are a couple of characters that are broken, but I'm sure they will be dealt with accordingly. Otherwise, I consider it to be a really good game

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I enjoy the game. Becoming an offline tournament junkie so my online concerns don't bother me anymore. Even when I go online and its trash, I don't care.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
The game is fantastic and I love it, but the online netcode is completely destroying it for me and makes me not want to play. I have done most offline stuff, completed the story, completed the game with all character etc. All I want to do now is go online and have fun with others and it is 80% of the time completely unplayable. Combos drop without even really starting eg Kit's 21 lift jk fan etc ... I'm lucky to land the fan half the time. MK9 was better online which is saying something.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, f333 or uppercut in cryomancer - the most important sub zero pressure.

NJP, NJP, random ass EX Bojutsu swings into 120 % dmg

Online Takeda players.... fucking cancer....

Everything I hate about this game is because of how shitty online is. It's all about jumping around like a retard and spamming d3's. Seriously ppl just play subzero for that d3. I try blocking the d3 to abuse the block disadvantage but fuck online man, Sub Zero's d3 is a fucking blockstring in itself xD

These characters are perfectly fine offline, but something just happens when you go online...
Everything is so fucking safe online, so hard to punish shit. It was much easier to punish consistently in MK9.
Maybe I just suck online, but I know I can't be the only one feeling this way.

Online aside, the variation system is a great way to add diversity to a fighting game. Some characters feels the same regardless of variation, but fighters like Kano and Sonya are examples of a good application of the variation system. You get a space control Kano, a Grabbler Kano and a 50/50 mixup Kano

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, d3, f333 or uppercut in cryomancer - the most important sub zero pressure.

NJP, NJP, random ass EX Bojutsu swings into 120 % dmg

Online Takeda players.... fucking cancer....

Everything I hate about this game is because of how shitty online is. It's all about jumping around like a retard and spamming d3's. Seriously ppl just play subzero for that d3. I try blocking the d3 to abuse the block disadvantage but fuck online man, Sub Zero's d3 is a fucking blockstring in itself xD

These characters are perfectly fine offline, but something just happens when you go online...
Everything is so fucking safe online, so hard to punish shit. It was much easier to punish consistently in MK9.
Maybe I just suck online, but I know I can't be the only one feeling this way.

Online aside, the variation system is a great way to add diversity to a fighting game. Some characters feels the same regardless of variation, but fighters like Kano and Sonya are examples of a good application of the variation system. You get a space control Kano, a Grabbler Kano and a 50/50 mixup Kano
Haha I feel your pain brah.

Love it. Got me back into fighting games. Still no good at it but I have fun. The online play has issues but I started playing online with SOCOM on ps2. I've been dealing with lag a long time.

What I don't like are more of the online community behaviors. The guy with 1000 wins who teabags after every match. The fatalities after every single match, especially when they take forever because they have to look it up. WTF. The guys who lose with one character, snap switch to scorpion, jam teleport into overhead over and over, get punished every time and then quit. Wait, I actually like that last one. And the other two have a simple solution: get better and just win.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll just come out and say what some are probably thinking. MKX isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting/hoping for MK9 2.0. Meaning, bugs/glitches removed alongside a different cast, better graphics, and new stages. I stopped playing the game, but I still enjoy watching high level players.

Side note; if they add Smoke or Baraka I'll pick it up again.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I feel the game is good. But the deeper I get into this game the more little disappointments come up. Wish MKx did a few things differently (especially online). But it's whatever. Gonna play it until more fighters come out. Then I'll tell you if it's good enough to keep my attention.

The game is overall really good. It's definitely the sexiest looking fighting game out there. Even as one of the first fighting games released on next gen systems, it will probably remain the best looking game out there- even after the release of SFV and T7. I'm also a massive fan of the movement in the game. I like how run and stamina works, and really enjoy the meta game around it.

My only real large, stinging complaints about the game are jump attacks. But it's whatever.

NBO_7

Noob
I still play the game although the online makes me so free!!!

Do u guys understand that its a 4 years game!! .That means we have to hold the online problems :(

Gamer68

Fujin!
To be honest, I've practically lost interest in the game. This sucks too, especially since I'm a big MK fan. I hate losing interest in a game that I thought I would still be playing for a like a year-straight so quickly. I don't go to tournaments or anything, and I don't get to play with family/friends locally very often. So I have to play online to get some good matches in. But like all of you already know -- MKX's online is absolute crap.

Single-player game modes got boring after a while. The Living Towers were nothing like the Challenge Tower in MK9 -- Living Towers is basically like Arcade mode but with random modifiers each match. No special missions like Challenge Tower.

Story mode was the worst out of any NRS game so far. It wasn't terrible by any means, but it just felt short, rushed, and over-all just disappointing.

The overall gameplay is great, but again, the online is so bad I can't have fun with playing multiplayer very often.

The only thing I look forward to in MKX is the possibility of more DLC. I hope characters like Fujin eventually make the cut.

I got to play the SFV beta for a few hours, and got a couple matches online. The rollback netcode was great, and the gameplay was fun and more simple than any other SF game. I'm thinking about upgrade to Windows 10 soon, and if I do I will be able to play Killer Instinct as well -- which I hear has some of the best netcode in fighting games. Both SFV and KI PC will be available in March of next year. So I will be dropping MKX completely by March 2016 and will be spending and dedicating more time to SFV and KI. I will also be crossing my fingers that Injustice 2 (or whatever NRS' next game is) will have great netcode and I will actually be able to play them on the competitive level that I've been wanting to.

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
I think it is pretty fun, but often times I can't help but think "why am I playing this when I could be playing street fighter?". It just doesn't have that many redeeming qualities imo other than the fact that Johnny Cage is the best fg character ever :). The online is virtually unplayable for me like 60 percent of the time and thst is probably my biggest issue. That being said I'll probably keep playing it off and on until SF5.

Matix218

Get over here!
I really like it. I most like that it is so different from mk9 which justifies me still playing both games. I am extremely happy with the game. Are there things that bother me about it? Sure. But the good outweighs the bad by a country mile. Online however is the biggest issue obviously.

I'm only disappointed in the netcode. I can't stand playing the game online but I have no choice because there are not too many people in Birmingham that play this game, plus I have this ridiculous work schedule. There are a couple of characters that are broken, but I'm sure they will be dealt with accordingly. Otherwise, I consider it to be a really good game
Exactly like me, as I work permanent nights @ 12 hour shifts and don't get time to play often or even at all and when I do, it has to be online, which then you have to put up with the piss poor latency issues or people's "Fillet-O-Fish" wireless connections that make the matters worse and on top of that, it's the constant rage quits from emotional players who would jump of a bridge, if given a chance.

Just cannot be arsed with that any more and just want to play and enjoy the game.

I have decided to play only people I know who will give good games instead of random online warriors. However, even then I'm not even motivated to play it because it's missing that spark for me that every other MK game has given me.

Last edited:
Its fun and the graphics are incredible, but unfortunately I hate almost the entire cast and that made me lose some of the passion I had for the game. Also theres something about the mechanics of it that annoy me. I'm running when I didn't want to, I'm breaking when I didn't mean to, Im missing combos I usually hit in the past etc.
With Mk9 I used to play from noon all the way to 3 in the morning and never get tired of it. With MKX after an hour I'm ready to put it down.
Miss tag-team tremendously, that was so exciting to play. I'd rather have TT than variations
Also I saw a Kenshi fatality yesterday that turned my stomach, bleh

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
Also I think it's kinda silly that in a game this reliant on 5050 and pressure that breaking not only costs 2 bars but also depletes stamina. That is a real killer when playing certain characters like A List. I would be fine with the 2 bars, but the stamina depletion feels like over-kill.

Exactly like me, as I work permanent nights @ 12 hour shifts and don't get time to play often or even at all and when I do, it has to be online, which then you have to put up with the piss poor latency issues or people's "Fillet-O-Fish" wireless connections that make the matters worse and on top of that, it's the constant rage quits from emotional players who would jump of a bridge, if given a chance.

Just cannot be arsed with that any more and just want to play and enjoy the game.

I have decided to play only people I know who will give good games instead of random online warriors. However, even then I'm not even motivated to play it because it's missing that spark for me that every other MK game has given me.
I literally stay in practice mode and just search on various tech. It's insane trying to play online.