What's new

How am I supposed to stay motivated when I keep LOSING?

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Losing is the best thing that can happen to you ( excluding tournament play ). when you lose, you can ask you're self "why did I lose?", "what did my opponent do that I couldn't beat?", and "how can I get better?" one of the biggest things that help me get better at fighting games is if you lose, never put something off a cheap or scrubby. if you lost, it's your fault. learn how to beat it and improve. I also love playing people who kick my ass. it's the best was to get better.

keep at it man! you'll get there! ;):p:tonyt

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Losing happen bruh. No one is MLG Pro when they pick up a new game, especially if they can't figure out what they are doing wrong. Have you tried asking some people on here to play you in some personal 1v1 and see if you can get advice on how to improve? I would definitely check into that if you don't have any sort of local scene.

Espio

Kokomo
If at all possible, play with some people from here and/or record your matches for critique, review and analysis.

Reflecting and getting feedback from good, knowledgeable players who understand the game will be a big help especially since you seem to feel overwhelmed.

People on the forums are generally nice and eager to help, I wouldn't mind helping myself to be honest.

Whenever you lose, try to focus on what you did wrong and what your opponent did right to clinch the victory. Lose a lot and learn, don't give up cause you're losing badly keep playing even if you don't get a win. Playing good players will help sharpen your skills.

If you cannot travel or have an offline scene, there are tons of very competent, skilled and friendly people that would be willing to train with you to help you level up, reach out to people :).

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Is there my sort of guide I can look at? I just played some annoying turtle batman player and I couldn't touch him, I'm this close to just dropping fighting all together.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Make a friend and have training sessions where you are playing to find out all the little nuances of your character. Playing Online to win is silly unless it's for trophies.