What's new

How am I supposed to stay motivated when I keep LOSING?

ZalliX

Noob
Maybe not.
I hear that games without any semblance to challenge or difficulty are all the rage right now.

Or you could accept that no one is naturally good at any kind of genre and if you just quit because you keep losing then you'll never get beyond that point of losing.
Don't focus on winning, focus on improving. Try to find out why you're losing and fix it.

EDIT: Also learn and get your combos down pat, and don't play online until you're atleast wrecking the computer on hard. Online will teach you bad. bad. bad.bad. habits that will be harder to unlearn later on in your career.

R4DI04CTIV878

Home Skillet
Winning isn't everything in this game. If you want to get good like most of the people on these threads you have to lose a lot and take the lose as an advantage on how to get better so you know the match up and increase your rate of winning. Learn how to punish and know combos and save meter. Don't clash to early when you feel like you have to do it. Practice is there for a reason, use it. :)

TheRyzzl

Noob
This is definitely a tough genre to crack. It takes a lot of patience and practice and losing to get any better at all. But I assure you it will eventually happen and thats when the game will start getting really fun. I recently went to PAX and did there little single elimination injustice tourney and had to play against Riyo first match. I actually took a game off him and made him switch to supes where i ultimately lost. KDZ was there with him as well and gave me props for making him counterpick my DD. It was a pretty awesome for me since im more of a casual fighting game player. So all the losing I had to do to get to that point was totally worth it.

Goldi

Noob
You have to play one block, one poke, one combo at a time. Measure success in blocking/punishing successfully, managing meter and finishing combos. Piece by piece, you just start putting it together, don't worry too much about the end result win or lose. Just trust that you'll get there with patience.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
You have to play one block, one poke, one combo at a time. Measure success in blocking/punishing successfully, managing meter and finishing combos. Piece by piece, you just start putting it together, don't worry too much about the end result win or lose. Just trust that you'll get there with patience.

This.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
He's actually one of the most knowledgable, skillful top Mortal Kombat players.

These new people should recognize -_-
I wouldn't say Injustice is a bad game, or broken, from my perspective it just feels like one wrong guess is 40% of my life bar. I tried to get goo at Marcel for a good 6 months before I made the switch because I was literally losing after one touch.

So with that brig said injustice is feeling a bit like that. Is it of the same scope of losing m character in one combo, not really but it just really takes one wrong button pressed or blocking the wrong direction can mean game over. This is not counting an interact able or chip damage I take on tryin I get in, so it's not a stretch from losing the game after being hit with only two combos.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I wouldn't say Injustice is a bad game, or broken, from my perspective it just feels like one wrong guess is 40% of my life bar. I tried to get goo at Marcel for a good 6 months before I made the switch because I was literally losing after one touch.

So with that brig said injustice is feeling a bit like that. Is it of the same scope of losing m character in one combo, not really but it just really takes one wrong button pressed or blocking the wrong direction can mean game over. This is not counting an interact able or chip damage I take on tryin I get in, so it's not a stretch from losing the game after being hit with only two combos.
I have no idea why you quoted me.

But, nah, there are very few 1 touch 1 bar gone combos in Injustice.

Maybe you have issues making reads, antiairing, punishing correctly or keeping pressure?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
When I played Espio one time in a koth...I finally landed this swag 2 bar GL combo on him. He won anyway. I was on the mic so I said "I don't give a FUCK! I landed that combo on you so that's a win in my book!" *drops mic and walks away(to the back of the koth line). It takes a long time to get good at any game you play. Your gratification doesn't come as quickly sometimes. Know how many times I wanted to just quit Dark Souls just because of the AI in that game? I didn't, and now I'm very comfortable playing the game. Also if this is your first FG its definitely going to be rough.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
To start, do you get blown up on your offense or your defense?

You be the judge.

Doesn't matter, when I block I get hit the way I wasn't blocking, and when I mid a string I get punished.

If this was a tourneyment I already would be sent home.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
1. Play. Learn. Adapt. Repeat.
2. Dont be predictable. A lot of other genres will teach you autopilot habits that are bad for fighters. Every once in a while, use that overhead or low, or dont armor a naked b3 or f3, or use a throw that nets ya 15 % at most.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
He's actually one of the most knowledgable, skillful top Mortal Kombat players.

These new people should recognize -_-

I'm not so sure that having a ton of accomplishments means you can't adopt a losing mentality. Not saying this case in particular of course, just in general. Look at Brady. He's a top player and he knows a ton, but he's been prone to fits of negativity. It can happen to the best, the worst, and everyone in between.

But hey, what would a "new" person know? ;)