What's new

How am I supposed to stay motivated when I keep LOSING?

Chokeapotamus

Worst. Player. Ever.
Don't take the losses personal--just enjoy the game (keyword: GAME).

I am awful but take I heart in the fact that I main a villain (Harley). This game is based on a comic book world where villians may win a few fights here and there but the heroes win the wars. The bad guys exist as fodder for the good guys--if I take matches here and there, I feel pretty good about it (again, I suck so it doesn't happen too often). Plus, the rage my occasional victories cause fills me with joy...

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
This game is just too hard for me, no matter which way I block If get hit it leads to big damage, and my opponents block all of my strings and jumps so I really can't start offense, combined with the wakeuo attacks killing any sort of Oki game, I really can't win. Just turn in the game to get destroyed pretty much.

This game is just too hard for me, no matter which way I block If get hit it leads to big damage, and my opponents block all of my strings and jumps so I really can't start offense, combined with the wakeuo attacks killing any sort of Oki game, I really can't win. Just turn in the game to get destroyed pretty much.
At least 50% of fighting games is knowing how to read your opponent. Once you get a bead on your opponents trends and tendencies you can react accordingly and try to force them out of their comfort zone.

Once they have to break their normal playstyle, they become more likely to make a mistake.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I just hate when people play player matches, win once, and quit. I just mirrored a HORRIBLE MMH. I beat him (I know combos) and then he beat me (he knows teleport 222222222). Then he leaves.

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
the first person I played was green arrow and holy shit it was a rough start. I got my ass beat so bad till i was good and i still get my ass handed to me at times. it's all about improving and recognizing your mistakes. Try your hardest to not drop combos and practice blocking, learn some nifty tricks from this site and learn how to work them into an actual match

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Honestly, it sounds like fighting games aren't for you. It takes most people a long time to be decent, but if you aren't having fun, there's no point in playing.

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
I just hate when people play player matches, win once, and quit. I just mirrored a HORRIBLE MMH. I beat him (I know combos) and then he beat me (he knows teleport 222222222). Then he leaves.
I know that feel bro. A lot of the time, I'll win twice, then lose for whatever reason and they just immediately quit. It's like :confused:, do you even 3/5?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I know that feel bro. A lot of the time, I'll win twice, then lose for whatever reason and they just immediately quit. It's like :confused:, do you even 3/5?
No it's not that. They think it'll piss us off (which it does) because we want to redeem ourselves, and they don't let us. They're like, "Oh, I lost a million times? I won once? I'm not gonna play them again."

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Alright then, I guess you were surprised that he/she was teleport spamming. That usually is the case, where we can't adapt as fast as we want to, especially when you throw lag into the mix.
He wasn't teleport spamming as much as they usually do. He always won the lucky teleport trades, my wakeups hardly came out, and it was like my 2nd or 3rd match in about 2 weeks (I've been playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist and The Last of Us)

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
I don't have a problem offensively really my combos win batman and supers are legit, the problem is its difficult to punish anything after successfully blocking a string. For instance any decent Green Lantern players have a very nasty/basic 50/50 that leads into a mother reset that is also a 50/50 since I played the character I know when he' Going to go for a reset,the problem is I only have a 50% of blocking it, so I get killed easily, and really can't punish. To be continued.....(work)

Flagg

Noob
I find, and this is just my opinion, there is a lot of safe shit in this game that bugs me.

I havent adapted to this game nearly as quickly as I did with MK but then I dont play this as much as I did MK.

This game is good and I want to improve. I think though, that in the end, like with MK, zoning will prove to be really dominate. I think zoning is really good in this game and thats down to the walk speeds and dashes that cant be cancelled.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
You can wake up out of GL's resets. Nobody does for some reason, but you can. Batman may not be able to, but anyone with a decent wakeup can make him think twice about spending a bar for the EX lift reset.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Can't get past anyone with zoning tools, if I dash I'll eat the projectiles, if I walk tons of chip damage before I even get a chance to attack.

Then I can't hit anyone they block every string!

And still there is no way out of a stupid overhead that ground bounces you or a low starter to full combos, is there something I'm missing here? I don't understand why the game is so difficult even when I choose Superman supposedly this character is so braindead and good, yet all my opponent does is block, and I still don't have any moves that actually punish anything.

Just get knockdown, eat mixup I reset than game over, really getting old fast, I have no idea what to do.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
This is your first competitive game isn't it? Very few people will hand you a free win: you have to work for it.

Also, patience without hesitation is a huge deal in fighters: you have to bait opportunities and not wait to capitalize on them.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
Not really I played cs 1.6 and urban terror competitively back in the day, before playing Injustice I played Marvel for about 4 months before it found out it was just too hard with only about a 20% win rate. In injustice I roughly win about 50% of matches but most of my wins are against shit players.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Fair enough: still, you cannot expect to win right away. The only way to get better is by playing better players (or so the FGC saying goes): take every loss as a lesson to be learned.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Can't get past anyone with zoning tools, if I dash I'll eat the projectiles, if I walk tons of chip damage before I even get a chance to attack.
The basic thing against every zoning projectiles, (Deathstroke, Superman, Green Lantern,) is that you can dash after you block it and still block the next projectile. Some do it differently like Sinestro or Cyborg as they shoot their projectiles too fast to dash in between or can meter burn to shoot another. On some projectiles you can replace blocking with ducking it and on most you can also jump them. The problem with jumping is that it is punishable even at full screen if the opponent reads it they can delay their projectile to anti air with it.

You should only walk at closer distances to footsie your opponent or against some zoners who you can't dash against. You can also walk if the opponent is going to do some tracking attack such as a teleport or some other similar full screen tool. (Think Aquaman from the deep, or Killer Frost Iceberg) that is unsafe. The ultimate goal is to corner them and keep them there.

Other than tell me the specific characters you are having trouble with.

For instance any decent Green Lantern players have a very nasty/basic 50/50 that leads into a mother reset that is also a 50/50 since I played the character I know when he' Going to go for a reset,the problem is I only have a 50% of blocking it, so I get killed easily, and really can't punish. To be continued.....(work)
The 50/50 can be fuzzy guarded. The overhead option can also be punished by waking up if he is going for the OTG. What I mean by fuzzy guarding is to always start by holding down to block, then to switch to stand block after a specific time. Doing so correctly will block both the b12 and f3 without having to react to it. Of course he can now delay it but the more he delays it the easier it is to escape with a jump or backdash.