What's new

Match-up Discussion Hitbox Zod mu chart- Khaotic Armor

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I dont see any zod beating sonic, especially post evo, more mu knowledge just feeds that little fucker. Another problem that king pointed out. I think ares bg might be 5-5. and even fox will agree ares wins the neutral. But I will never beat him. Nor will any ares ever. But illuminati has always argued it should be based on tools and such blah blah blah. Yet I did argue tools, down to the teeth, and god shut down in this thread and was told no. Annnnnnnd thats it. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo. God damnit I need a medal for not going 0-2 at every tournament I enter.

Malarkey

"What's that? Something like underground?"
At the end of the day Zod could win 6-4, but for now I feel comfortable with 5-5. The momentum can go either way depending on who gets a life lead. Both charecters can run away with a lead and do it fast. That being said, Zod can sometimes get away even after losing a whole life bar and still comeback and win with smart zoning. BAne has options against iazbs though, including lvl 3 venom, it really isn't useless in a smart BAne players hands. They just have to be familiar with the 'hitbox' MU enough not to freak out. @Malarkey and @Everlast this was your first time playing a Zod who can decently do iaZbs? (or even a good Zod period?). Don't be so swift to judge this as unwinnable. Bane could be 5-5 and Superman is only a 6-4. Ill help you guys lab it out though, the first time you experience it is a definite 'wtf do I do?' moment.
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the matchup is unwinnable, nor did I say that in my post. In fact I'm reserving my opinion on even a MU number until I lab it more. This is the first Zod I've played that can do instant airs that well, and definitely the best Zod I've played as well, others being those I've played online.

How do you feel level 3 could be utilized? I feel a charge could be done with very good timing but the risk of a full punish followed by Zod having trait out during level 3 debuff is daunting.

But I would definitely love to grind it out and discuss it with you, do you play online? Xbox or psn? Thanks for the reply as well!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
The footsie game vs superman is j1, i can tripguard superman for trying to f23 and superman loses every single air to air which also allows me to freely pop trait. I pretty much j1 my ass off in that mu and superman cant do anything about it.
If you wiff a j1, then you lose your ability to trip guard and superman can get a f2 if he makes the read. Although jump back 1 has gdlke priority (and sometimes if feign it into a zod charge to catch the f2 punish). But still this is a meta game where the risk/reward goes to the superman player.

I guess I am not sure what you mean by tripguard here? You combo him while he tries to do f23? Typically trip guarding is something that relates to the person blocking (Ie, they can trip guard against my laser, but they can't trip guard if they wiff a normal or jump over a zodball, sicne they will get free comboed by laser.)

This match up chart is the "Ra Helios" version of a match up chart. At least 50% of these matches are based on theory.

Which Zod players consistently beat Theo's and Cowboy's Aquaman in a series?

Which Zod players consistently beat White Boy's and Noobe's Doomsday in a series?

Which Zod players fight a high level Martian Manhunter player and not lose at least 20:10?

Which Zod players consistently beat Cowboy's and Playing To Win's Sinestro in a series?

Which Zod players consistently beat Theo's Superman in a series?

Which Zod players consistently beat Deg's and Mr. Mileena's Zatanna in a series?

The answer to most of these questions is none.

Zod loses 6:4 to Aquaman and Sinestro. He who wants to prove a point can fight Theo and Cowboy online.

Zod loses 7:3 to Martian Manhunter. He who wants to prove a point can fight you or Jupiter online.
I would say the zod zatanna matchup can swing on the stage... her vortex is pretty strong and she forces you to come to you.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I would say the zod zatanna matchup can swing on the stage... her vortex is pretty strong and she forces you to come to you.
Precisely.

That is yet another match up that ARMOR Ra Helios'ed.

Every Zod player who has fought either Deg or Mr. Mileena understands that the match is even... except ARMOR who has never fought them but somehow knows that Zod wins.

Precisely.

Every Zod player who has fought either Deg or Mr. Mileena understands that the match is even... except ARMOR who has never fought them but somehow knows that Zod wins.
my zatanna sparring partner always goes straight to gotham city alley... that fucking dumpster... jump over it and lands on it on the way down.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Any zods got any footage of them crushing a ww, I'm curious as to how it's a 7-3. Also can we make ra helios'd a thing? It's awesome.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Precisely.

I clearly replied to king saying it was debateable.

Phased

Noob
also aquaman def. beats zod

zod=overrated

If u feel 6-4 ZOD vs arrow then you have NEVER played a good ZOD
I can say the thing about you and arrow players...esp consider there are no good arrows. I play a good zod offline. which is what I base my number off of. as far as hollywood zods go ive played m2dav and deathmaze online.

feel free to play me on psn

it is nowwhere 8-2

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
this is the most retarded concept of a matchup chart i have ever seen. if someone can do instant airs they can do instant airs. does it matter what controller they use?

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
this is the most retarded concept of a matchup chart i have ever seen. if someone can do instant airs they can do instant airs. does it matter what controller they use?
A single move that jails over half the cast makes a difference.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
If your not gonna talk about the mu's and give me a legitimate question about what i want to talk about, leave this thread at once, this is my OPINION on the mu's the way I play them.
my question is why does the controller matter. on a serious note, does holding right and left down together give you something that gives you a huge benefit? in tekken it gives you neutral which helps with movement, in some version of marvel 3 it let you block both directions. is there anything strange like this in injustice/

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
also aquaman def. beats zod

zod=overrated

I can say the thing about you and arrow players...esp consider there are no good arrows. I play a good zod offline. which is what I base my number off of. as far as hollywood zods go ive played m2dav and deathmaze online.

feel free to play me on psn

it is nowwhere 8-2
What's ur tag

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I dont see any zod beating sonic, especially post evo, more mu knowledge just feeds that little fucker. Another problem that king pointed out. I think ares bg might be 5-5. and even fox will agree ares wins the neutral. But I will never beat him. Nor will any ares ever. But illuminati has always argued it should be based on tools and such blah blah blah. Yet I did argue tools, down to the teeth, and god shut down in this thread and was told no. Annnnnnnd thats it. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo. God damnit I need a medal for not going 0-2 at every tournament I enter.
I know what adjustments need to be made vs sonic fox

It's 5-5 regardless

by the way... i think what jonniti is saying is this should just be "zod mu chart"... because at the highest level zod does instant airs regardless of controller... and mu's are the highest level.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i need a hitbox....and need to work on zod setups too...

only way i can consistantly do iazb is to quickly inhale everytime i do it.....idunno why that helps