What's new

Match-up Discussion Hitbox Zod mu chart- Khaotic Armor

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thats one way i could play the mu, or like pig says that you dont need to zone ares. Thats pretty messed up considering zod has 2 ways to beat ares
ok whoa whoa whoa, let me get this straight

I just outlined how zoning against ares works. I stated ares options, that simply zoning him is not effective and he is not "IMMOBILE LIKE LEX". Pig then states that zod who wants to win wont toss balls and pistol. (which i agree with) Then you say thats one way you can beat ares. This is pretty damn confusing. Also that vid was one little ft5 from a hotel room for shits n giggles, let me post my ft20 with viking. Oh wait someone will just say, oh well thats not me. Hypocritical bullshit when I'm talking a characters move set vs another.

I just outlined how zoning against ares works. I stated ares options, that simply zoning him is not effective and he is not "IMMOBILE LIKE LEX". Pig then states that zod who wants to win wont toss balls and pistol. (which i agree with) Then you say thats one way you can beat ares. This is pretty damn confusing. Also that vid was one little ft5 from a hotel room for shits n giggles, let me post my ft20 with viking. Oh wait someone will just say, oh well thats not me. Hypocritical bullshit when I'm talking a characters move set vs another.

GET EMMMMMM!!!

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter

While my trait is out i start slow iazb while trait is smacking ares you CANNOT MOVE. If they are executed perfectly good luck

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
While my trait is out
Wow

just like ive said in every other mu chart, and even my own. trait, that is the reason zod beats ares.

I'm not trying to put anyone on blast, just no one is arguing my exact points. Trait is trait.

Last edited:

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Wow

just like ive said in every other mu chart, and even my own. trait, that is the reason zod beats ares.

I'm not trying to put anyone on blast, just no one is arguing my exact points. Trait is trait.
If zod didnt have trait sinestro would 7-3 zod free and mmh would 9-1 zod, Trait is vital against charaters like them. He would still beat ares without trait though.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If zod didnt have trait sinestro would 7-3 zod free and mmh would 9-1 zod, Trait is vital against characters like them.
And ares get's 7-3'd by 70% of the cast. Point being pure zoning alone does not shut down ares. Trait changes everything. Not to mention Ares has a possible infinite on this character. Still testing, almost got it down to the frame.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Yea

I'm just gonna keep it real for a second
7th MLG
5th CEO
2nd at Evo w no IAZB
Didn't you get 7th at KIT too?

I know people said it wasn't a major and whatever, but I watched the whole thing from start to finish and it was stacked. It would definitely be on my list if I got top 8.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
While my trait is out i start slow iazb while trait is smacking ares you CANNOT MOVE. If they are executed perfectly good luck
Well yeah... Lol. When trait is out Zod can freestyle or 'lock down' 90% of the cast. But that is because trait is out and paralyzed their movement, not the iazbs.

Actually I can only think of 5-6 MUs where filling the screen with consistent iazbs (with out trait) are a viable strategy. Every MU has situational uses of iaZb though.

Which MUs do you think they work best in? Apart from lex and BA obviously

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Well yeah... Lol. When trait is out Zod can freestyle or 'lock down' 90% of the cast. But that is because trait is out and paralyzed their movement, not the iazbs.

Actually I can only think of 5-6 MUs where filling the screen with consistent iazbs (with out trait) are a viable strategy. Every MU has situational uses of iaZb though.

Which MUs do you think they work best in? Apart from lex and BA obviously
Superman, cyborg(doesnt matter if its an iazb or not cyborg still gets annihilated), green lantern, joker, grundy, doomsday, bane, batman, hawkgirl, wonder woman harley quinn, and shazam. These are the mu's I believe iazb are most effective.

Malarkey

"What's that? Something like underground?"
Superman, cyborg(doesnt matter if its an iazb or not cyborg still gets annihilated), green lantern, joker, grundy, doomsday, bane, batman, hawkgirl, wonder woman harley quinn, and shazam. These are the mu's I believe iazb are most effective.
Done some more testing on F2 cancels against slow balls, and I don't think it's happening. When I cancel the F2 into the dash I run right into the next ball.

Could you do me a favor, since I can't replicate your instant airs in practice well, could you test which distances that you can react to Bane's charge while doing constant slow balls? It seems to me that Zod recovers fast enough from most anywhere to at the least block and Mb ground laser my ass full screen.

Thanks in advance dude, and good games at WCW.

Last edited:

Iamthejewish

General Zod of Israel - *Kneel*
I know that you're talking about PERFECT iaZb, but remember this:
Cyborg: I played a while ago against an amazing Cyborg, his instant air blast was amazing, I couldnt even move, he locked zod in the corner of the screen. So that depends which one of you will do it first.
Joker: I watched @Relaxedstate playing against GRR's joker in the Summer Jam I think, and RelaxedState got knocked-down everytime he tried to iaZb. So dont forget Joker's gun, it is very useful against Zod.
Grundy: Yeah, you right. You can run away the entire game, let grundy use the "walking corpse" and he will take the chip damage, once you get trait out - more chip, or either way catch him for a combo.
Bane: This luntaic can charge on level 3 venom, but yet if you notice that you can dodge it and punish him.
Wonder Woman: I played against @Skeezer12 and I did the iaZb perfect, perfect timing. He dashed in under the balls. Then I realized that I need to use lasers to punish his dash (well, he told me).
Harley Quinn: I dont have much experience against Harley, but 2 hours ago I played against @TopTierHarley and I couldnt do iaZb against her. Her pistols are too much strong so I had to find another way to get trait out.
Shazam: He can teleport out of everything, but yet you can punish him with lasers, but if you miss it he can punish you badly. I watched @AK Pig Of The Hut playing against @EMPR Tessaiga233 and he struggled against shazam, but he beat him.

So I'll just say that if your execution of iaZb is perfect, and once you get it out, you can jail them and there is nothing they can do. But it's something else if you struggle to start it.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Cyborg: I played a while ago against an amazing Cyborg, his instant air blast was amazing, I couldnt even move, he locked zod in the corner of the screen. So that depends which one of you will do it first.
Joker: I watched @Relaxedstate playing against GRR's joker in the Summer Jam I think, and RelaxedState got knocked-down everytime he tried to iaZb. So dont forget Joker's gun, it is very useful against Zod.
Grundy: Yeah, you right. You can run away the entire game, let grundy use the "walking corpse" and he will take the chip damage, once you get trait out - more chip, or either way catch him for a combo.
Bane: This luntaic can charge on level 3 venom, but yet if you notice that you can dodge it and punish him.
Wonder Woman: I played against @Skeezer12 and I did the iaZb perfect, perfect timing. He dashed in under the balls. Then I realized that I need to use lasers to punish his dash (well, he told me).
Harley Quinn: I dont have much experience against Harley, but 2 hours ago I played against @TopTierHarley and I couldnt do iaZb against her. Her pistols are too much strong so I had to find another way to get trait out.
Shazam: He can teleport out of everything, but yet you can punish him with lasers, but if you miss it he can punish you badly. I watched @AK Pig Of The Hut playing against @EMPR Tessaiga233 and he struggled against shazam, but he beat him.

So I'll just say that if your execution of iaZb is perfect, and once you get it out, you can jail them and there is nothing they can do. But it's something else if you struggle to start it.
Hmm last times I ayes tessiaga it was 20-5 and 10-0 rage quit

Now he won't play me

Also ZOD cyborg is 7-3

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter

Bro Ive played a few good jokers and believe me it was not pretty, you do realize that zod has a move called sidearm which if you hit any character with you will be granted a free trait pop=game over. Same thing goes for harley. If wonder woman dashes under them. First off you cant just lame her out so easliy. If you catch her midscreen with balls over her head. You laser her full screen=rinse and repeat. Oh yeah and shazam also gets annihilated the same way wonder woman does.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Bro Ive played a few good jokers and believe me it was not pretty, you do realize that zod has a move called sidearm which if you hit any character with you will be granted a free trait pop=game over. Same thing goes for harley. If wonder woman dashes under them. First off you cant just lame her out so easliy. If you catch her midscreen with balls over her head. You laser her full screen=rinse and repeat. Oh yeah and shazam also gets annihilated the same way wonder woman does.
I think Harley can still get a shot off before you get trait after sidearm