What's new

Match-up Discussion Hitbox Zod mu chart- Khaotic Armor

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
any character like raven or ww who attempts to parry an iazb (slow) can be full combo punished for that parry by mb laser.
Not if you're in the middle of another iazb...

I still think it's an annoyingly stupid matchup for Wonder Woman but Zod's no Aquaman.

ZOMBIE

SoCal Player/ Member of EXiLE
So I've played this mu with armor everyday since we train together and this mu is hell.. why you ask.. hmm lets see start of the match zod can pretty much jump back 1 for free because of its active frames are retarted. If you read an iazb and try to air dash in your open to d2 iazb j1 and zod charge which he can combo off of in some sort of way anywhere on the screen.. also if you do play patient it does help a bit but then your taking laser chip and keep getting sent fullscreen which just stalls more time for his trait and free chip damage.. if you do get in after blocked f23breath zod can just jump back and either wait for you to dash up and use j1 or if you go for laser to try and punish he will zod ball to avoid or mb zod ball to punish or chip(depends on their reaction to your laser) but yes by some miracle you do get zod in the corner you can give him hell by baiting wiff push parry j1's but after you assumably take his life bar you now have to worry about the zod charge for him to reverse positions and begin the obstacle course.. this is just some of the things i dont like bout this mu however if you dont have iazb zod is a lot easier to deal with and for those saying iazb is not the optimal way to play him your wrong iazb is probably one of the more broken things also a zod at the highest level will be able to do these and thats why i hate zod =)

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I will kindly disagree with the Ares #, simply based on when ares gets a KD, it could be the end of the game. Ares has great normals that stuff WU's especially stand 3, which is confirmable into over 50% and anther KD. And a perfectly timed godsmack will beat every WU as well, another 50% unblockable combo leading into kd. And this is almost no study into the mu, start up on DE gives him trouble as well if you are not perfect with your balls. And the threat of teleport even when you KD into trait can be a problem because it gets real buggy. Sometimes trait can hit me out and sometimes it whiffs and he has to catch up. I want to explore hard knockdown specific setups vs him. Homework assignment achieved. Relaxed has played me since day 1 and he knows ares as much as I do. Making him the 2nd best ares player in the world. But even he can get absolute train wrecked by ares. especially with bgb stages and if I get the first hit, because ares has one of the best interactable games in the game. He can manipulate a combo into almost every interactable otg with j1 from almost anywhere on screen. And vice versa with good reads he runs my ass over like the kid in pet cemetary. So this mu depends on so many things from my point of view, and I want to explore it further, this may be a character where ares d3 becomes an actual tool.

@Relaxedstate
@AK Pig Of The Hut

also pig we have yet to play, i think its finally time my friend. long long sets

Last edited:

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
i think they do, they allow you to dodge db2 with better recovery (enabling a mb laser), and sometimes they will hit nightwing in recovery from his db2.... it also builds meter and dodge db2... kind of stalemates him so he can't move forward... so you can just dodge his shit and wait for trait with them... and if you manage enough frame advantage you can blow him up with the zoning advantage. In fact iazb are one of the reasons i think the matchup could be confirmed as 7-3.

for the record this looks like my numbers from about 5/6 months ago.... probably a bit of upplaying here (especially in the aquaman matchup) but i just want to say this is pretty much exactly what i predicted would happen with the character when he becomes mastered (not from my success versus players)... but you know i am just a fraudulent loud mouth. I also said lex luthor had 0 options vs him like an eternity ago.... In all reality with the right execution he can make it impossible for some characters... and really difficult if he snowballs... it's a broken mechanic

@Youphemism any character like raven or ww who attempts to parry an iazb (slow) can be full combo punished for that parry by mb laser.

btw pig i wouldn't mind playing a superman in a set my zod isn't that bad and i found pretty good success against dab, never played theo but he might be too laggy.
Another things thats messed up is zod can iazc over the ground spark while its starting up

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@General M2Dave this is what a Zod matchup chart is supposed to look like. This is what I been telling you Zod players. Even though a couple of the 7-3's should be 6-4's, for the most part this is the most honest matchup chart I've seen
This match up chart is the "Ra Helios" version of a match up chart. At least 50% of these matches are based on theory.

Which Zod players consistently beat Theo's and Cowboy's Aquaman in a series?

Which Zod players consistently beat White Boy's and Noobe's Doomsday in a series?

Which Zod players fight a high level Martian Manhunter player and not lose at least 20:10?

Which Zod players consistently beat Cowboy's and Playing To Win's Sinestro in a series?

Which Zod players consistently beat Theo's Superman in a series?

Which Zod players consistently beat Deg's and Mr. Mileena's Zatanna in a series?

The answer to most of these questions is none.

Zod loses 6:4 to Aquaman and Sinestro. He who wants to prove a point can fight Theo and Cowboy online.

Zod loses 7:3 to Martian Manhunter. He who wants to prove a point can fight you or Jupiter online.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
I dont agree on the lex mu. 9-1 for zod?! No way.
I played against many good lex (blackrepublican, Kinetic Balding) and many more.
This MU looks like 6-4 for zod. Zod needs to zone out lex, but lex has many other ways to get in. Once he has armor and he is close to you, you cant really do anything.
Lex's trait cool-off is just for 5 seconds. His trait last for 10 seconds....

If lex knocks you down, you're pretty much over. The same with DD.

I just want you to explain to me why its 9-1, and the same with DD, I think its 5-5 with DD.
this guy is the reason we aren't taken seriously.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Glad to see someone agrees with me. One thing to consider however, due to Superman's damage, if he gets a huge life lead, Zod will be forced to come in on him.
If superman gets a health lead why would I go in? I can easy make a read from full screen and shut your zoning down completely.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I agree that Bane loses, but viably so. We've joked that its 9-1 Zod if Bane can't catch him and 9-1 Bane if he can, but really it's more like 9-1 Zod if he can't catch him and 7-3 Bane if he can. At the highest level Bane just has a harder time getting in than Zod does getting up. People tend to undersell some of the better backdashes like Zod's and Batman's as wakeup options, even though hoping to stuff them severely limits oki options, not to mention wakeup parry on a read further limits them. So yes Bane can run train on Zod on knockdown but Zod can also deal with it better than Bane's huge hitbox and long dash can deal with getting in on IAZB's and IAZC's and dat backdash. 6-4 looks good to me.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I will kindly disagree with the Ares #, simply based on when ares gets a KD, it could be the end of the game. Ares has great normals that stuff WU's especially stand 3, which is confirmable into over 50% and anther KD. And a perfectly timed godsmack will beat every WU as well, another 50% unblockable combo leading into kd. And this is almost no study into the mu, start up on DE gives him trouble as well if you are not perfect with your balls. And the threat of teleport even when you KD into trait can be a problem because it gets real buggy. Sometimes trait can hit me out and sometimes it whiffs and he has to catch up. I want to explore hard knockdown specific setups vs him. Homework assignment achieved. Relaxed has played me since day 1 and he knows ares as much as I do. Making him the 2nd best ares player in the world. But even he can get absolute train wrecked by ares. especially with bgb stages and if I get the first hit, because ares has one of the best interactable games in the game. He can manipulate a combo into almost every interactable otg with j1 from almost anywhere on screen. And vice versa with good reads he runs my ass over like the kid in pet cemetary. So this mu depends on so many things from my point of view, and I want to explore it further, this may be a character where ares d3 becomes an actual tool.

@Relaxedstate
@AK Pig Of The Hut

also pig we have yet to play, i think its finally time my friend. long long sets
Due to recent comments you've made towards me regarding banning situation adamantly I'd ask u not call me a friend

As for the MU yea let's play soon. I'm out of town wed night-sat afternoon so Sunday any time might be best if not tomorrow

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i think they do, they allow you to dodge db2 with better recovery (enabling a mb laser), and sometimes they will hit nightwing in recovery from his db2.... it also builds meter and dodge db2... kind of stalemates him so he can't move forward... so you can just dodge his shit and wait for trait with them... and if you manage enough frame advantage you can blow him up with the zoning advantage. In fact iazb are one of the reasons i think the matchup could be confirmed as 7-3.

for the record this looks like my numbers from about 5/6 months ago.... probably a bit of upplaying here (especially in the aquaman matchup) but i just want to say this is pretty much exactly what i predicted would happen with the character when he becomes mastered (not from my success versus players)... but you know i am just a fraudulent loud mouth. I also said lex luthor had 0 options vs him like an eternity ago.... In all reality with the right execution he can make it impossible for some characters... and really difficult if he snowballs... it's a broken mechanic

@Youphemism any character like raven or ww who attempts to parry an iazb (slow) can be full combo punished for that parry by mb laser.

btw pig i wouldn't mind playing a superman in a set my zod isn't that bad and i found pretty good success against dab, never played theo but he might be too laggy.
you haven't played theo?? = you haven't played Aquaman