What's new

Match-up Discussion Hitbox Zod mu chart- Khaotic Armor

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The reason i say 7-3 vs wonder woman is because usually when ahe does parry and I read it i'll use side arm which will punish her. Up close against her usually I tendto pushblock alot or make a read and parry b2. For the batgirl number I will stick with because if I make a good read, zod punishes her hard and vice versa for batgirl.
Side arm is still a projectile so she should be able to parry it too. Against pushblock we can bounce cancel into combo due to the meter we'll usually have to spare, but parrying b2 is definitely a problem. For BG, if we knock you down you have to respect our followup because your wakeups are stuffable but I agree that the payoff tends to be good for both characters. It's just that you can't really zone the way you want to which is where Zod does best because of teleport and that's why I think it's 6-4 BG.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
S
Side arm is still a projectile so she should be able to parry it too. Against pushblock we can bounce cancel into combo due to the meter we'll usually have to spare, but parrying b2 is definitely a problem. For BG, if we knock you down you have to respect our followup because your wakeups are stuffable but I agree that the payoff tends to be good for both characters. It's just that you can't really zone the way you want to which is where Zod does best because of teleport and that's why I think it's 6-4 BG.
Wonder woman cant parry 2 projectiles at the same time. Another thing i forgot to mention was how wonder woman is left with just the option to jump or wait out an error. I still stand with the 5-5 mu for batgirl.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
I'm not going to even say what I think of the Joker/Zod MU now to avoid a senseless debate with people that don't use the Joker or have played you using the Joker, especially after seeing how low your IAZBs are. But that shit is definitely beyond terrible. Its nearly unwinnable. I still can't get over how stunned I was at being jailed so hard I succumbed to the RQ, GGs lol
Thats why believe he wins so many mu's 7-3 because he jails some characters hard @Relaxedstate

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
Zatanna is not 6-4, more like 5-5. You can't randomly throw trait out due to trance, teleport can make trait grab whiff, her trait absorbs ground blast (Non MB and MB), IAZB if read correctly can be punished with MB teleport, among other things.
In this mu relies on me baiting out a trance which gets zod free trait pop which allows me to jail zatanna for the duration of the trait where zatanna is left without any options until the iazb's are off the screen(3 at a time). Another thing zod has the ability to do is iazb(slow) dash forward if you teleport, gettingme right under the iazb which wouldgive me the option to iazb again, sidearm, palm, laser, or zod charge. These all the options zod has if you do read an iazb, I know its pretty messed up that zatanna gets punished for making a good read but thats what he does to like half of the cast.

Last edited:

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter
That's not how matchup charts work.
You don't take different types of the character, you take the optimal playstyle of the character in each matchup. You don't see rushdown/ zoning matchup charts with versatile SF characters. You just see matchup charts.

But in the past couple years TYM has taken matchup charts and turned them into something completely different. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it is what it is and I accept it. My comment was a lighthearted jab at the fact that I've never seen a "hitbox" matchup chart before.
I do feel that hitbox zod is the optimal playstyle because he literally has the most broken mu's in the game

Iamthejewish

General Zod of Israel - *Kneel*
I dont agree on the lex mu. 9-1 for zod?! No way.
I played against many good lex (blackrepublican, Kinetic Balding) and many more.
This MU looks like 6-4 for zod. Zod needs to zone out lex, but lex has many other ways to get in. Once he has armor and he is close to you, you cant really do anything.
Lex's trait cool-off is just for 5 seconds. His trait last for 10 seconds....

If lex knocks you down, you're pretty much over. The same with DD.

I just want you to explain to me why its 9-1, and the same with DD, I think its 5-5 with DD.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Iazb is not exclusive to hitbox. Nor is it the only deciding factor in all of his matchups.
I think what he is saying is that we can now visualize zod at his best because on a pad it is much more difficult to execute iazb.

What felt like a 6-4 before now feels like 7-3 because iazb makes a huge difference. Its not the only deciding factor like you said but it is one large deciding factor.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I played against many good lex (blackrepublican, Kinetic Balding) and many more.
This MU looks like 6-4 for zod. Zod needs to zone out lex, but lex has many other ways to get in. Once he has armor and he is close to you, you cant really do anything.

I just want you to explain to me why its 9-1, and the same with DD, I think its 5-5 with DD.
@Revolver...do your worst

If he does instant air zodballs you literally can't move.

I'm doing iaZb, but lex can get armor, and then wait and do something from distance (I dont know the name of his special moves).
I'm pretty sure he can't get armor if the iazb is done properly.

He can do a lance blast, but it trades so laughably in Zod's favor. Lex gets juggled and takes more damage, and there's multiple iazb's in the air by the time he gets up.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I'm doing iaZb, but lex can get armor, and then wait and do something from distance (I dont know the name of his special moves).
No he can't. He can't move lol. @Laos_boy posted a video showing this but I'm too lazy to look for it. Ask him if you're interested in seeing it.

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter

Its not like zod has a parry or anything

ARMOR

Khaos God
Premium Supporter

Can you consistently zone with iazb? I made this mu chart and how I feel the mu's play out, ive played @rev0lver I really felt bad when I played the cpu on expert to see lex's viable options. HE SAT THERE AND DIED!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
In this mu relies on me baiting out a trance which gets zod free trait pop which allows me to jail zatanna for the duration of the trait where zatanna is left without any options until the iazb's are off the screen(3 at a time). Another thing zod has the ability to do is iazb(slow) dash forward if you teleport, gettingme right under the iazb which wouldgive me the option to iazb again, sidearm, palm, laser, or zod charge. These all the options zod has if you do read an iazb, I know its pretty messed up that zatanna gets punished for making a good read but thats what he does to like half of the cast.
This sounds like a lot of theory fighting and little practice tbh. If you block trance then you're going for chip damage, maybe 15% max, but if she lands trance she gets 30% into a bullshit mix-up, which is easily your lifebar. That alone is risk/reward in her favour. It's as if your assume that Zatanna is just going to sit there and not contest a trait call at all.

There is no way this mu is 6-4 when she has so many options to contest Zod's zoning, not unless you come up with an actually argument for it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

That's why this is a hitbox zod chart. If you don't have a hitbox it's probably 6-4/5-5. But if you can do perfect, consistent IAZB, Lex literally can't do anything to come in. Once Lex is sent fullscreen the game is over.