What's new

Hit Box Arcade Thread!

omooba

fear the moobs
Okay, so I already see that there's a bunch of people talking about Hit Box on here, and that's great! Super excited for that. I was looking for the Hit Box thread, but couldn't find it, so either it's buried or deleted, apologies for making this one if someone else finds the other one.

Now none of you know who the hell I am and I don't expect you to, but allow me to introduce myself. I am the Community Manager among other things for Hit Box, LLC. We've had a big presence in the NRS community that we're super proud of, but not much of a presence here on the forums outside of our team players Tyrant and Godspeed. I'm gonna try to keep up with this thread as much as I can and help out as much as I can. Now, I'm no MK player, so when it comes to execution, matchups, whatever, I'm the wrong guy to ask. Tyrant and Godspeed I'm sure will be happy to help out there though! Anything related to Hit Box (or KoF!) I can gladly help out with. That being said, I'm sure you've all read the thread title and are wondering why I won't shut the hell up and say the thing yet, so here it is.

http://www.hitboxarcade.com/products/pre-order-xbox-one-hit-box

We are proud to finally announce that we are making Xbox One Hit Boxes! We've been trying to make this a reality for a long time and we've finally got something to show for it. We hope to have inventory in and ready to ship by August and we're doing everything we can to meet that timeframe.

So with that done, thanks to all of our supporters and let's krack some skulls!
sooo are the ps4/pc hitboxes coming back at some point?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Have you updated the firmware for the Titan One? If not, go here and download the software then update it. After that, go to options and you'll see an option in one of the bars that says "Tournament Edition". Download that and your firmware will be up to date.

Now plug in the Titan One into your Xbox and then grab a micro UBS and connect it to the controllet first (make sure there's no batteries in the controller) and then plug the USB part into the Titan One. You'll see a T/F looking symbol. Once you see that unplug the controller from the USB side and then plug your hitbox in, but make sure the PCB port is connected first (the end that connects to the hitbox) and then plug the USB end into the converter. It should work.

*Also note that if you turn on the controller that you originally used to connect the hitbox with, it will reset it and you'll have to reconnect it. I advise using a different controller to help you browse the dashboard or inviting friends, or SmartGlass App because everything moves in two with the hitbox (in-game menus and stuff move fine) whereas the controller moves one space. You'll know what I mean as soon as you connect it. Not a problem, just a heads up.*

If you need more help after that, my Kik is KHAOTIC_TrueGrave or hit me up on Skype (MrGotMerked) and I can walk you through with video.

upfish

Noobasaurus Rex
anyone receive their ps4 box yet? I emailed and msgd them on Facebook 2 weeks ago, but no reply (no biggie, it is the holidays) so just curious what kind of time table we are dealing with here.
I got mine a week or so ago.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Does anyone know where to message Hit Box for customer service? I have a problem with my Hitbox, I've emailed them twice and sent them a Facebook message and haven't gotten any response.

upfish

Noobasaurus Rex
Does anyone know where to message Hit Box for customer service? I have a problem with my Hitbox, I've emailed them twice and sent them a Facebook message and haven't gotten any response.
Unfortunately what you've done is all you really can do. While their product is great their customer service is kind of atrocious. I think they might literally be a two man operation.

What's the problem with your HB?

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Basically most of the buttons stop working at random intervals of time. Left, Down, and the Xbox One button are the only ones that always work. The rest will randomly all stop working for 5 seconds or more. Seems like something must be cross wired or short circuiting inside.
It's a really new hitbox and I haven't even opened it up or messed around inside.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
It took me a couple weeks but you might adjust faster. Be sure to watch the how to hitbox videos on their youtube channel a lot of those little tricks made a difference in how comfortable I feel with it.

upfish

Noobasaurus Rex
Basically most of the buttons stop working at random intervals of time. Left, Down, and the Xbox One button are the only ones that always work. The rest will randomly all stop working for 5 seconds or more. Seems like something must be cross wired or short circuiting inside.
It's a really new hitbox and I haven't even opened it up or messed around inside.
Yeah, sounds like you gotta get with the HB people.
In that vein, last night my R1 kept hitting L2 for some reason. Need to investigate that further.

I got mine and it's great. question: How do you reset training mode in mkX without the touchpad button?
On the PS3/360/PC version you could hit the middle button on the back 3 buttons, but on the PS4 version I don't think this functionality exists, which is a major bummer. I'd much rather have touchpad than the share feature.

Just orderrd a hitbox, how long does it take to adjust to a hitbox? Day, month, week?
Depends. I find that learning a new character while you adjust can speed the process up. Characters you already know have too much ingrained muscle memory.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Just orderrd a hitbox, how long does it take to adjust to a hitbox? Day, month, week?
A week or so depending on how much time you spend on it to become fluent. And then about a month to play without having to thing of what you're hitting. After that, it's just the learning of a new character or game that will take time since you have the hitbox mastered. Also watch the tutorials and practice those.

warning: update of Playstation operating system (I'm in Europe) of today causes the PS4 hit box to disconnect after about 10 minutes, basically like the old gen one did (not sure timing is identical). Just tested several times in a row. Something must be done fast to correct the problem!

st9rm

viennality.com
warning: update of Playstation operating system (I'm in Europe) of today causes the PS4 hit box to disconnect after about 10 minutes, basically like the old gen one did (not sure timing is identical). Just tested several times in a row. Something must be done fast to correct the problem!
that sucks

can anyone confirm this and can the hitbox firmware be updated?

by the way, why a full priced dedicated device for ps4 like the new hit box is not a ps4 official controller (which would not require any firmware update)? I mean, we are not talking about an adapter. Is Sony against hit box? Or would it be too expensive for hit box (a small business) to rise to level of validated controller (standard to meet, licence, etc.)
Hitbox users (like me) are much more supporter of the new concept than just customers. I promote hit box every time someone ask me about it. They do not communicate and explain things to the base of users as much as they should...

Eminent

Forum Lurker
@JohnGrimm

DeftMonk

Noob
I'm hoping for the update to come soon...this disconnect crap sucks. On another note, for those having difficulty getting used to the hitbox here is the solution I propose to you(assuming you are used to using a conventional arcade stick) download a bullet hell game like geometry wars and play it with the hitbox for about 45 minutes. That did it for me.