What's new

Hit Box Arcade Thread!

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I'm hoping for the update to come soon...this disconnect crap sucks. On another note, for those having difficulty getting used to the hitbox here is the solution I propose to you(assuming you are used to using a conventional arcade stick) download a bullet hell game like geometry wars and play it with the hitbox for about 45 minutes. That did it for me.
I like playing Castle Crashers on the hitbox and I've seen some pro Tetris players using a hitbox to play.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
Hey man, it's important to me too, I only own a PS4. These things take time, we're doing everything we can and working to get it out ASAP.
I have been led to belive that the ps4 has really difficult hardware/software to work with. Have the dual mod hitbox from injustice days. super good~!

JohnGrimm

A.K.A. JohnXuandou
Wow lots of posts that I didn't see. I don't know why TYM doesn't keep sending me email reminders about the thread, anyone know the reason for that?

Anyways, really sorry about not posting about the firmware version update or getting back to people about customer service queries. In regards to email/twitter/facebook responses, yes, Hit Box actually is a two man operation. Everything from ordering to manufacturing to quality control to customer service to everything inbetween is handled by Shawn and Dustin. If we don't get back to you about something, we apologize. I'm here to kinda help out on the forums and alleviate some of the load from them, but sometimes they have the answers that I don't.

In regards to shipping, we ship out boxes as fast as we can. Everything is done on a first come first serve basis, we can't really give special treatment to some people because it would be unfair to those who have been waiting. If your box doesn't ship immediately, don't worry! We will get it to you as soon as we are capable of doing so, and once shipped it should reach you fairly quickly.

If there's any comment or anything I've missed please tell me now so I can try to help out, meanwhile I need to figure out this notification business.

VengeSim

Noob
Sometimes mine is going to autofire on some buttons. Its on pc mkx, havent tried it on any other games.
I have to reconnect the usb to reset it. Is this like a feature I dont know about or something?

JohnGrimm

A.K.A. JohnXuandou
Sometimes mine is going to autofire on some buttons. Its on pc mkx, havent tried it on any other games.
I have to reconnect the usb to reset it. Is this like a feature I dont know about or something?
The PS360+ doesn't support turbo and I'm pretty sure the Xbox One and PS4 PCB's don't either, so try it on other games and see if it still happens.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I'm hoping for the update to come soon...this disconnect crap sucks. On another note, for those having difficulty getting used to the hitbox here is the solution I propose to you(assuming you are used to using a conventional arcade stick) download a bullet hell game like geometry wars and play it with the hitbox for about 45 minutes. That did it for me.
Can you expand on this? What does it help with?

JohnGrimm

A.K.A. JohnXuandou
Getting reports from other users that pressing start and an attack button will set that button to turbo mode on the PS4 Hit Box, if you are getting accidental turbo inputs try pressing start and that button again to disable it.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Thanx.. I might get one.

So no real lag?
I love it, way more precise than a pad, but steep learning curve.

No lag that I can tell. I tested with xbox controller and hitbox in practice mode and recorded it and if anything the hitbox was ever so slightly ahead of xbox controller (almost imperceptible, < 1 frame).

its possible it could have intermittent input lag but I haven't ever felt it and I think im pretty sensitive to it

st9rm

viennality.com
to anyone interested:

i got myself the PS4 hitbox and tried out the hitbox on an xbox one using the BROOK ps3/ps4 => xbox converter

it did NOT work, and i don't know if it will ever work

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
to anyone interested:

i got myself the PS4 hitbox and tried out the hitbox on an xbox one using the BROOK ps3/ps4 => xbox converter

Is this the rer converter? Did you update the firmware?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
to anyone interested:

Damn, did you make sure your Brook converter is up to date? You may have gotten one with the old firmware. Update your hitbox and your converter.

JohnGrimm

A.K.A. JohnXuandou
@Scott The Scot @roosTakk
updated the brook ( & hitbox firmware) => doesn't work on xbox one
That's a shame. I wonder what the specifics of this are. Sorry you had to be the guinea pig so to speak on that.

To go back a couple pages though, this is why we don't advertise as being Brook compatible. Even if we updated our firmware or something to be recognized by Brook we couldn't guarantee it would stay that way.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
@Scott The Scot @roosTakk
updated the brook ( & hitbox firmware) => doesn't work on xbox one
I know the a fact the PC/PS3 hitbox works with red converter, but im not sure about the ps4 hitbox you have.

Did you update both the A and B firmware files on the converter? Let me know if you need help its kind of a weird process and the directions from BROOK are kinda fucked up.

The guys at BROOK are always adding support so I'm sure if its not working now it will in a future update

Last edited:

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Quick question. How do I get fullscreen mode in mkx Koth? Normally it's the touchpad button, but the ps4 hitbox obviously doesnt have that button.

st9rm

viennality.com
That's a shame. I wonder what the specifics of this are. Sorry you had to be the guinea pig so to speak on that.

To go back a couple pages though, this is why we don't advertise as being Brook compatible. Even if we updated our firmware or something to be recognized by Brook we couldn't guarantee it would stay that way.
no worries
i might just get it modded at evo, or message brook, if they plan on adding a patch to the converter, which supports the hitbox
funfact: the hitbox and brook firmware update have the exact same interface, so i'm guessing it's the same programer?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
no worries
i might just get it modded at evo, or message brook, if they plan on adding a patch to the converter, which supports the hitbox
funfact: the hitbox and brook firmware update have the exact same interface, so i'm guessing it's the same programer?
Try a Titan One converter.