What's new

Hit Box Arcade Thread!

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
can you confirm that these work on the xbox one with the ps4 hitbox?
I cannot. I can confirm that they work with a PS3/PC hitbox for both PS4 and XB1 systems. Not sure about the XB1/PS4 hitbox. I assume they could since both controllers work through the Titan One on each system.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
no worries
i might just get it modded at evo, or message brook, if they plan on adding a patch to the converter, which supports the hitbox
funfact: the hitbox and brook firmware update have the exact same interface, so i'm guessing it's the same programer?
Are you sure you updated firmware for both A and B files? I would be willing to bet BROOK will add it eventually

JohnGrimm

A.K.A. JohnXuandou
no worries
i might just get it modded at evo, or message brook, if they plan on adding a patch to the converter, which supports the hitbox
funfact: the hitbox and brook firmware update have the exact same interface, so i'm guessing it's the same programer?
Likely they come from the same source but different factories. You know how China is, you give someone a product and the owners cousin who also has a factory on the other side of town ends up with the schematics somehow. Our PCB and Brook's are most definitely sister PCBs even if ours doesn't work on their converter.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I love it, way more precise than a pad, but steep learning curve.

No lag that I can tell. I tested with xbox controller and hitbox in practice mode and recorded it and if anything the hitbox was ever so slightly ahead of xbox controller (almost imperceptible, < 1 frame).

its possible it could have intermittent input lag but I haven't ever felt it and I think im pretty sensitive to it
Ok.. Thanx.

I have a Hitbox and I am getting a konsole for MKX XL. I was konsidering getting an Xbone but I was wondering about that...

Still debating the pros and kons on Xbone vs PS4; if ESL season 3 would be konfirmed I would probably get an Xbone but right now I'm not sure...

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Ok.. Thanx.

I have a Hitbox and I am getting a konsole for MKX XL. I was konsidering getting an Xbone but I was wondering about that...

Still debating the pros and kons on Xbone vs PS4; if ESL season 3 would be konfirmed I would probably get an Xbone but right now I'm not sure...
Np...yeah I know what you mean. Im good with XB1 because I can the use the converter at home then it works natively with PS4 for tournament. Only problem would be for XB1 tournament that doesn't allow converter but theres like what 1 XB1 tournament a year?

I've also heard people say that PS4 is better so not sure

upfish

Noobasaurus Rex
Quick question. How do I get fullscreen mode in mkx Koth? Normally it's the touchpad button, but the ps4 hitbox obviously doesnt have that button.
If anyone has a good answer for this please share. Not being able to restart training mode is a serious pain in the ass. I wish the share button was replaced with the touchpad button.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
If anyone has a good answer for this please share. Not being able to restart training mode is a serious pain in the ass. I wish the share button was replaced with the touchpad button.
If you set up pause delay you can restart training mode by double tapping start

As for koth im also searching for an answer lol

EmoScoobyDoo

Because pause delay is a game setting that allows double tapping start to reset training mode, it doesn't make double tapping replace the touchpad button.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Np...yeah I know what you mean. Im good with XB1 because I can the use the converter at home then it works natively with PS4 for tournament. Only problem would be for XB1 tournament that doesn't allow converter but theres like what 1 XB1 tournament a year?

I've also heard people say that PS4 is better so not sure
Yeah. I like PS4... Notably, the sony konsoles are known to have the most fighting games and Street Fighter V is PS4 exclusive.

But Xbox has some good shit, especially when it komes to indie games...

Jolt

Uprise
I have an answer for this! I have to check my post history and then I'll edit it in right here. Also @EmoScoobyDoo

Just realized I quoted the wrong post. I have an answer for the KOTH situation.

1. For resetting in practice, you can go into game options and enable pause delay. This will let you reset training by double tapping options but the downside is you have to HOLD pause in order to get it to pause if you want to change an option or check your move list or something.

2. For KOTH, you can go full screen in any match BEFORE (or after) your own by...long pressing options(?) might be double tap options. Can't remember now, sorry lol I let my girlfriend use the pad so I could use my Real Arcade Pro V5. But thanks to the pause delay, she CAN go full screen in KOTH, she just has to make sure it happens before she gets to the character select screen
Now that I'm using a Brook converter on my Hitbox, I actually have to use these options as well. I'm 90% confident that it is HOLD options BEFORE (or after) your turn in KOTH to go full screen. It might work on character select, but I can't remember from memory

Last edited:

EmoScoobyDoo

Go into game settings and turn on pause delay, once that is on double tapping start will reset training mode.

marietta1200

Best Coast
FYI if you guys mod with the Brook quad PCB it actually fits the mounting diagonally (the board appears slightly longer and thinner than the hitbox boards). And it's awwwwessooooome.

Hey guys I want to buy a hitbox and I own a Xbox one , and do attend tourments where they all play on ps4 does anything know of a legal converter to use for that that works without a certain time out ? I'm trying find the cheapest way do this . Without having to buy multiple converters . Or two hitboxs

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Hey guys I want to buy a hitbox and I own a Xbox one , and do attend tourments where they all play on ps4 does anything know of a legal converter to use for that that works without a certain time out ? I'm trying find the cheapest way do this . Without having to buy multiple converters . Or two hitboxs
I'd probably buy a PS4 hitbox, because it's compatible with multiple consoles and PC. Cronusmax works really well to get the PS4 hitbox to work on X1 in my experience. It won't really affect your experience at home and you'll be able to plug your hitbox straight into the PS4 at tournaments.

@rubmytaco thanks man! I read through all these pages still feeling like I havnt got a for sure answer. I seen that converter might need a firm update or will that Not apply to me ? Edit for big fingers and tiny iPod lol

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
@rubmytaco thanks man! I read through all these pages still feeling like I havnt got a for sure answer. I seen that converter might need a firm update or will that Not apply to me ? Edit for big fingers and tiny iPod lol
Hitbox works like a charm on the latest firmware version of cronusmax (now called controllermax apparently). I tried it myself and noticed no lag at all, and there's no need to reconnect or anything (from ps4 controller to x1 console).

Hitbox works like a charm on the latest firmware version of cronusmax (now called controllermax apparently). I tried it myself and noticed no lag at all, and there's no need to reconnect or anything (from ps4 controller to x1 console).
Sweet thanks Im going the hitbox and converter this weekend hopefully I can master it and have it here with me on time before combo breaker