What's new

Hit Box Arcade Thread!

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
they haven't been good about replying for several months now so we're just kinda out of luck there

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
they haven't been good about replying for several months now so we're just kinda out of luck there
smh i wanna say it's because they are getting the stuff ready and are super busy but man idk. is it really that hard for 2 guys to swing by the business email every 1-2 days ? crap

parts list to DIY

case (home made or from art's hobbies)
pcb
(14) 24mm buttons
(1) 30mm button
(16) wire w/ .110 quick disconnect
(30) .110 quick quick disconnect ground daisy chain ... ... don't need 30 but thats how it comes. only about $4.50 so no biggie
usb cable (see below)

options for usb cable:
you can get a long usb cable and go right from console to pcb. however, i recommend using a neutrik connector... it goes PCB -> short usb -> neutrik connector -> long usb (to console)

its early and i havent had my coffee yet. if i forgot anything i'll edit it in. depending on what pcb /buttons you use the parts (not including case) will run about $90 if you go the least expensive route

x TeeJay o

parts list to DIY

pcb
(14) 24mm buttons
(1) 30mm button
(30) .110 quick quick disconnect ground daisy chain ... ... don't need 30 but thats how it comes. only about $4.50 so no biggie
usb cable (see below)

options for usb cable:
you can get a long usb cable and go right from console to pcb. however, i recommend using a neutrik connector... it goes PCB -> short usb -> neutrik connector -> long usb (to console)

its early and i havent had my coffee yet. if i forgot anything i'll edit it in. depending on what pcb /buttons you use the parts (not including case) will run about $90 if you go the least expensive route
Shit i should have made my own lol

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
parts list to DIY

pcb
(14) 24mm buttons
(1) 30mm button
usb cable (see below)

options for usb cable:

I should've done this. I really don't have the spare time right now but it's better then waiting around for a reply back or an update on when it'll be shipped up for what I bought.

Just gotta have more patience I guess.

Would love to see your finished product once it's built.

villainous monk

The troll face... I love it. Oh so evil and malicious to choose that. Excellent choice.

So tell me about the boxes.
PS4?
Xbox 1.?
Did you use the brook converter?
Any technical problems or synchronization troubles you ran into?

Do you think you could do more to improve the boxes beyond the standard layout & the way it works? Like for example. The soldered duel usb pcbs to recognize both X1 & PS4 without ordering the plug n go brook converter model.

Is the more room for additional modding?
I always wondered with the wood cases if there was extra room.

Ant pros n cons vs the Hitbox?

I'm going to have time off soon so I ask because I'm. Thinking of undertaking a task like this and I already have plans to try and modd a X1 elite controller for Gears 4.

The boxes look so sick btw.

That troll face... The best. :D

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The troll face... I love it. Oh so evil and malicious to choose that. Excellent choice.

PS4?
Xbox 1.?

Do you think you could do more to improve the boxes beyond the standard layout & the way it works? Like for example. The soldered duel usb pcbs to recognize both X1 & PS4 without ordering the plug n go brook converter model.

I'm going to have time off soon so I ask because I'm. Thinking of undertaking a task like this and I already have plans to try and modd a X1 elite controller for Gears 4.

Brook have a PCB that let recognises both consoles. That'd be overall more efficient to use I'd imagine lol.

villainous monk

Brook have a PCB that let recognises both consoles. That'd be overall more efficient to use I'd imagine lol.
Yeah I'm aware. Going to order another one today actually for X1/360 to ps3 & 4 or the ones that allows it.

Would you think that I could mod the hitbox to have the same pcb it looks pretty small to fit additional work inside this thing.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah I'm aware. Going to order another one today actually for X1/360 to ps3 & 4 or the ones that allows it.

Would you think that I could mod the hitbox to have the same pcb it looks pretty small to fit additional work inside this thing.
Uhh if I understand what you mean then yes. Two days ago I just replaced the PS360+ pcb with the Brook Universal Fight Board. Fights right in, like it was meant to be.

PS4?
Xbox 1.?

ps4. got either the akishop ps360+ or the chtulu pcb. in the single colored wooden one i have a custom button spacing that fits my hand better. you can make the box big enough to accept more wiring / pcbs, but those are just 1 1/2" thick so not in those lolz.

its pretty much the same as an official hitbox, but being able to customize it is nice. plus its a lot cheaper if you dont care what kind of case you use. when you make yours feel free to hit me up.

also, i'd stay away from gamerfinger buttons.

after work edit: the trollface is my logo bro. i dont have a pic handy but i got 'Friction' tattoo'd over a trollface on my left forearm. MK 5 font.

i dont like the way gamerfingers are put together. pushing a .110 quick connect on the button prong forces the prong away from the contact making a dead button if you arent careful.

@villainous monk i edited in a little more info

Last edited:

villainous monk

ps4. got either the akishop ps360+ or the chtulu pcb. in the single colored wooden one i have a custom button spacing that fits my hand better. you can make the box big enough to accept more wiring / pcbs, but those are just 1 1/2" thick so not in those lolz.

I guess Akishop is where I should start to to look about the cases and the custom button spacing. I got very large hands and I thunder strike my buttons pretty hard. I was hoping I would find reviews more to this on the net so the fact you got yours a custom layout button gives me hope.

Since I too want to.mske one for ps4.

its pretty much the same as an official hitbox, but being able to customize it is nice. plus its a lot cheaper if you dont care what kind of case you use. when you make yours feel free to hit me up.

Can the cases come in a bigger size?
How's the weight of it?

also, i'd stay away from gamerfinger buttons.

after work edit: the trollface is my logo bro. i dont have a pic handy but i got 'Friction' tattoo'd over a trollface on my left forearm. MK 5 font.

i dont like the way gamerfingers are put together. pushing a .110 quick connect on the button prong forces the prong away from the contact making a dead button if you arent careful.

I need to research more on gamerfingers. I was thinking of moving away from Sanwa but now I'm not so sure.

@villainous monk i edited in a little more info
Thank you for the extra info. I'm currently at work now myself so I know how it goes but more info is greatly appreciated.

I'll aslo look up more on the cases. I guess back to SRK is the first stop besides Akishop and I guess Canadian Joystick.

Anything more comparison to hitbox would greatly be appreciated. Since I'm going to try and have the best of both worlds with your route of a custom made box and the hitbox itself.

JohnGrimm

A.K.A. JohnXuandou
Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates, but really there's nothing to report. We hope to get preorders shipped by the end of the month just like it has been. If there is a delay I'll let you guys know.

Really wish TYM would actually keep sending me email notifications about this thread, that functionality seems to keep breaking.

villainous monk

Hey guys sorry for the lack of updates, but really there's nothing to report. We hope to get preorders shipped by the end of the month just like it has been. If there is a delay I'll let you guys know.

Really wish TYM would actually keep sending me email notifications about this thread, that functionality seems to keep breaking.
I'm glad to hear this. Talk to one of the admin's and see what they can do. Because a update or more news from time to time would be great while we wait for the orders to come in.

x TeeJay o

Never got a reply about my hitbox via email so I'm second the notation on a do it yourself hitbox please :)
They are working on them. Its a 2 man operation so its really hard to keep up with hundreds of people especially when its 1 guy that has to ship them all out. They still plan on shipping them in may

They are working on them. Its a 2 man operation so its really hard to keep up with hundreds of people especially when its 1 guy that has to ship them all out. They still plan on shipping them in may
Just feel if the demand is this high I'm sure other forums want them as well (hitboxes) that they should look into hiring season ppl when the preorders are about start. So they can supply there consumers . I'm sure they don't like the idea of having ppl doing there own hitboxes because that possible sales they could have made. I totally understand them being overwhelmed and what not, and can be very hard to keep up . I use build and design competition subwoofer enclosures from simple boxes to full on walled off setups and around the spring summer was the worst because of the db drag competitions where I almost flunked out of school. Then I got some other ppl to help me with just designs and took the load off a lot sorry for the long story lol js maybe some other employees atleast for the hr side to atleast respond to emails incase they have technically issues with there hitboxes or somethings

x TeeJay o

Just feel if the demand is this high I'm sure other forums want them as well (hitboxes) that they should look into hiring season ppl when the preorders are about start. So they can supply there consumers . I'm sure they don't like the idea of having ppl doing there own hitboxes because that possible sales they could have made. I totally understand them being overwhelmed and what not, and can be very hard to keep up . I use build and design competition subwoofer enclosures from simple boxes to full on walled off setups and around the spring summer was the worst because of the db drag competitions where I almost flunked out of school. Then I got some other ppl to help me with just designs and took the load off a lot sorry for the long story lol js maybe some other employees atleast for the hr side to atleast respond to emails incase they have technically issues with there hitboxes or somethings
Ya i feel you. That's why john was here. To update us on any progress that's been made because Shawn and Dustin probably can't respond to every email atm. Idk if its so easy to find help or hire ppl like that but it seems its pretty tough. John said TYM hasn't been sending him email notifications about this thread but his PMs work. If you have any further questions he MAY be able to help. Right now there's nothing we can do but wait until they ship them which is still on track for this week or next hopefully

Ya i feel you. That's why john was here. To update us on any progress that's been made because Shawn and Dustin probably can't respond to every email atm. Idk if its so easy to find help or hire ppl like that but it seems its pretty tough. John said TYM hasn't been sending him email notifications about this thread but his PMs work. If you have any further questions he MAY be able to help. Right now there's nothing we can do but wait until they ship them which is still on track for this week or next hopefully
Yeah I understand wasn't trying take offense just trying to relate my story and what I did for a remedy hopefully this company thrives and continues to expand