What's new

Having the game early and how it affects you.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Dont assume everybody would do that
I don't see why not, as first of all, it's a more than fair assumption that people here would pay for an early copy if the option became available.

And secondly, even though that's admirable of you (if its true), it's also futile, as you will no doubt buy the game anyway, most defiantly on the first available hour of its release. And if you have it pre ordered on XBOX marketplace or PS Store and they allowed you to play it early, you most defiantly would. I doubt you would sit there until the 16th or 18th even though you had early access.

A totally fair assumption mate.

You also might be the only person on here that would refuse that option.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I don't see why not, as first of all, it's a more than fair assumption that people here would pay for an early copy if the option became available.

And secondly, even though that's admirable of you (if its true), it's also futile, as you will no doubt buy the game anyway, most defiantly on the first available hour of its release. And if you have it pre ordered on XBOX marketplace or PS Store and they allowed you to play it early, you most defiantly would. I doubt you would sit there until the 16th or 18th even though you had early access.

A totally fair assumption mate.

You also might be the only person on here that would refuse that option.
I would refuse it as well
Maybe because I pre-ordered the $99 version or maybe because I like getting it cheaper from Amazon.
But I wouldn't buy it early.

Also, it doesn't matter if I get it early.
I would still get bodied online regardless.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Btw friendly reminder that nobody who grinded out sfv has ever placed high enough to get cpt points passed the first 2 months other than LPN and none of them won anything other than some swag at some swag at pre release events.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It just baffles me that there isn't something in place that prevents doing anything or causes some kind of red flag when linked to online and placing it in your console. Or even playing online sets early. That's what really surprises me. Maybe there is though and I'm just not in the know.

I'm even more mystified at those that post the pics, especially with them in them lol. I'd be quiet as a church mouse about it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Not about to spend $500+ to play people who have a 2 week advantage on me. And even more so since I didn't get in the beta.
I would spend $500 to box Mike Tyson. I would lose, but it would be worth it as long as I'm not permanently injured. How is this any different other than no chance of bodily harm?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I would spend $500 to box Mike Tyson. I would lose, but it would be worth it as long as I'm not permanently injured. How is this any different other than no chance of bodily harm?

Everybody is different when it comes to money. Can't blame someone for not wanting to spend it. Something tells me this post has a bit of sarcasm to it lol.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Everybody is different when it comes to money. Can't blame someone for not wanting to spend it. Something tells me this post has a bit of sarcasm to it lol.
I WOULD want a few weeks to prepare. If the offer came up sporadically and I jumped on it, I would probably get hurt badly. Being in boxing shape isn't a place I'm at right now.

SamZ

Noob
Casual =/= Competitive. Nobody to my knowledge is mad that some casual people got the game early. However, if you were competing for a 20k pot bonus, and several of your competitors had the game early, you would have grounds to be upset. Yeah, in 2 months it won't matter but at combo breaker, with big money on the line it will. It will be interesting to see how many in top 8 had the game early. P.S I'm a casual and have no idea what I'm talking about.

GAV

Casual =/= Competitive. Nobody to my knowledge is mad that some casual people got the game early. However, if you were competing for a 20k pot bonus, and several of your competitors had the game early, you would have grounds to be upset. Yeah, in 2 months it won't matter but at combo breaker, with big money on the line it will. It will be interesting to see how many in top 8 had the game early. P.S I'm a casual and have no idea what I'm talking about.
If the stakes are that high, pony up the cash to get it early.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

Once again this isn't the point, the point is prematurely wasting the money on a tournament and NOT EXPECTING people to have the game early. A drive to want to compete is admirable but if u don't think people are gonna get the game early to have any advantage, you're wrong.

SamZ

Noob
Once again this isn't the point, the point is prematurely wasting the money on a tournament and NOT EXPECTING people to have the game early. A drive to want to compete is admirable but if u don't think people are gonna get the game early to have any advantage, you're wrong.
No, I get what you're saying. You can expect it, and still be upset about it/voice your frustration

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
I WOULD want a few weeks to prepare. If the offer came up sporadically and I jumped on it, I would probably get hurt badly. Being in boxing shape isn't a place I'm at right now.
You'd be training 20 hours a day, lifting big ol' cars and big bails of hay, jog 10,000 miles every morning, thinkin' about Mike and your moment of glory.

GAV

Why in the fook would you pay $500 to get your ass knocked out? Are you a masochist or something? Also why Mike Tyson?

This post gave me foot cancer.
You really don't think the experience of seeing what its like to box Mike Tyson wouldn't be worth it?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You really don't think the experience of seeing what its like to box Mike Tyson wouldn't be worth it?
Not really. If it was when he was in his prime and I was an aspiring Boxer, then yeah probably.

At any rate, going to Combo Breaker is definitely going to be worth the investment regardless if you got the game early or not. I just don't have the time or budget to go to it when I'm planning on going to others like CEO and possibly EVO/ECT.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I got injustice 1 early and I can tell you day 1 patch made all the labbing I did for a week useless. Whether this was intended or not I don't know but it's smart if it is. Might be different for inj2 I don't know but everyone that had the beta already has a solid understanding and feel for the game anyway, seems like a waste to lab stuff that will be changed day one

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I got injustice 1 early and I can tell you day 1 patch made all the labbing I did for a week useless. Whether this was intended or not I don't know but it's smart if it is. Might be different for inj2 I don't know but everyone that had the beta already has a solid understanding and feel for the game anyway, seems like a waste to lab stuff that will be changed day one
That wasn't the kase for me in Injustice 1... We tested things on release day and saw that Supes was still super broke, we also still knew kombos so even if we lost tools, we didn't have to start from the ground up. Not to mention release day events....

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Not really. If it was when he was in his prime and I was an aspiring Boxer, then yeah probably.

At any rate, going to Combo Breaker is definitely going to be worth the investment regardless if you got the game early or not. I just don't have the time or budget to go to it when I'm planning on going to others like CEO and possibly EVO/ECT.
You know what Juggs...

I Iike Juggs

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I personally think with the money involved that some sort of standard needs to be implemented. Shit... in football there are rules on when and how long you can practice. Not saying anything like that needs to happen in the fgc but you're lying to yourself if you think combo breaker is gonna be a fair and even playing field. If they want to turn this into the "spectator sport" that they're trying to... there needs to be rules instead of the "have's" and "have not's."

ps.. I have zero plans of traveling so I'm not bitter... It's just situations like this are easily avoidable

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Tweedy did this in the team no code beta thread.. whined and bitched then went all quiet when he was happy and got a code. Grow up boy, kicking up a stink to get your own way lol.
Tweedy is that poorly educated kid that everything that he wants is to be known and get treated like if he were a god... unfortunately that happened... Pig of the hut made Tweedy be know (although pig regrets it now) and he was treated like a god many times by making top 8s...

You guys remember the ''Flame Fist vs Tarkatan matchup (7-3 or even 8-2) drama'' right? And when he got no INJ2 beta code then bitched AF about it but when he finally got the code he went all quiet...

RIGHT NOW his next level is bitching about people that got early copies of INJ2...

Yeah, he is good. But it does not matter how good you are while you are being an ASSHOLE.
Tweedy didn't just whine about not having a code louder than anyone. He did that AND said people should be banned from visiting early tournaments if they got a code. Then when he got his code, he outright contradicted himself and said that its fine, and said "I'm allowed to change my opinion". Now that he missed out on an early copy, he's back to saying exactly that again. Although he's been noticeably quiet in here, so maybe he got a copy and changed his opinion again.

It's clear his opinion is nothing other than what benefits himself the most, and he's more than happy taking and justifying his right to the same advantage over other competitors that he will whine incessantly about others having if he doesn't get it. I've always been nuetral with Tweedy but after thIs shit he officially gets zero respect from me forever. He doesn't care about competitive integrity at all it's just a thinly veiled way of whining that others have something he doesnt

Thingy

Retired account
We are close to release boyz. No beta or early copy for me, but no f*cks given either. I am happy when I am grinding and learning, and I do not need a head start to get to the best of my abilities. These dudes who have the game early have no advantages on you unless you truly believe they do, your mentality gives them the edge.

As long as you work hard and play smart, there is nothing standing in your way. Hell, in sports there are people who started playing as children who fail to become professionals while some who pick it up during high school or even adulthood become hall of famers.