What's new

Having the game early and how it affects you.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
So, eliminate physical media all together? Or just make it only work after checking in periodically online? Let my internet connection strength decide when and where I'm allowed to play my games?

Hmm, sounds familiar.
Im not sure if its possible but only one time online check after official release date to activate the game (depending on when someone is gonna activated his game), doesnt do much harm imo
This.

Could be done downloading a simple small dlc file, only available to download when release date arrives. No need to check more times after that.

Not to be too harsh, but some people really just need to get over this old as dirt mentality. Whether you like it or not, fair or not it doesn't matter. Every major fighting game, triple A games in general can be purchased before Street Dates. Non-Corporate entities that don't mind breaking Street Dates are scattered about. Yes, for some people it's luck of the draw if you live by one. Others have contacts in areas that do. At this point if you've had your finger on the pulse of the FGC you should know where to begin looking for people.

In 2 years when MKXI or MK vs DC II whichever they plan to do, Mom & Pop Stores will break street dates again. The game will probably also come out in the April-May period right in time for Combo Breaker. People WILL get the game early and some of you will be right back in the same boat.

If getting an early copy means that much to you, should start linking up and networking more so when the next game comes out you'll be more prepared.

That being said, I'm going back to the lab.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm laughing at the people whose reason for not playing early is because they pre-ordered and don't want to buy a second copy. Then... Don't fucking pre-order lol .

trufenix

bye felicia
This.

Could be done downloading a simple small dlc file, only available to download when release date arrives. No need to check more times after that.
And what is keeping me from getting that file in advance? One time activations have been defeated since the 90s, bro. All you've done is add another step to the play it early tutorial.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
And what is keeping me from getting that file in advance? One time activations have been defeated since the 90s, bro. All you've done is add another step to the play it early tutorial.
Not a single person out here has a leaked copy of the DIGITAL version. His suggestion would work just fine

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Im not sure if its possible but only one time online check after official release date to activate the game (depending on when someone is gonna activated his game), doesnt do much harm imo
Doesn't even have to check online. A couple lines of code can prevent the game from loading before a specified date and time... Much like preloading and seeing the countdown until it's available to be played.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
to everyone talking about money, just so i can let you know some totals, last weekend when i went to texas showdown and registered from the door. coming from atlanta the entire trip costed me less than 250. i work part time delivering sandwiches at the moment and i can still afford to do this. be smart with your money my friends. if you want to go to all these events, skip buying a plane ticket and paying for an uber from the airport. save a couple hundred bucks, get 3 or 4 people in a car and end up spending like 5-10 bucks every time you fill up on gas by splitting it evenly.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
These aren't giveaway copies, most of the people with early copies went to non-chain stores and asked/bribed for early copies.
I used to live in an area where we got all the early copies. Never had to bribe, they even tell regulars that they can get them gsmes early. Go to the spanish hood and some grandma is gonna get you your games mad early

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
These aren't giveaway copies, most of the people with early copies went to non-chain stores and asked/bribed for early copies.
I tried the bribe tactics a few days ago. I obviously sucked at it though...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I tried the bribe tactics a few days ago. I obviously sucked at it though...
You have to know them in some fashion beforehand, If they don't already sell the game early. No one is gonna risk their job for some random person wanting a video game early. Unless you offer them some ridiculous amount, which is not worth it for a week early.

These ideas have been tried many times for the past decade. Pirating continues to defeat all online DRM checks with DVDs. There is no point hoping for such a check.

When the day finally comes where game media is no longer physical and online connections are mandatory for any gaming use, then and only then will there be a way to prevent an early access scenario like we are seeing with this game. At that point internet access will be a utility like electricity and so losing the internet would be like losing power to your house, neither situation allows you to play your copy of the game.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I'm a casual scrub so the only thing I'm bummed about is stuff like premier skin leaks and story mode leaks. I want to be surprised by stuff, so I'm looking at all the FGC sites online right now through my fingers basically.
i'm in the same boat with you man. i'm careful scrolling through youtube because a lot of guys have already started posting story spoilers. at least keep the title vague!!!

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
These ideas have been tried many times for the past decade. Pirating continues to defeat all online DRM checks with DVDs. There is no point hoping for such a check.

When the day finally comes where game media is no longer physical and online connections are mandatory for any gaming use, then and only then will there be a way to prevent an early access scenario like we are seeing with this game. At that point internet access will be a utility like electricity and so losing the internet would be like losing power to your house, neither situation allows you to play your copy of the game.
I'm not saying you're wrong but I just don't think pirated dvds applies in this case. If it did we would see bootleg ps4s with pirated ps4 games.

Cd's, dvd's, etc... are industry standards and the technology is openly shared.

The technology in a ps4 is sony's and sony's alone (they might pay patent royalties on a particular part or function.) Sony gets to make their own rules when it comes to how things work and so far I've never seen a pirated playstation anything.

I'm not Bill Gates or anything but I have enough knowledge to know that there are multiple ways to prevent a game from playing before a certain date. A simple "if statement" is all the coding that needs to be done. If I'm wrong... my bad for contradicting you but to me it seems really easy.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
You have to know them in some fashion beforehand, If they don't already sell the game early. No one is gonna risk their job for some random person wanting a video game early. Unless you offer them some ridiculous amount, which is not worth it for a week early.
True. Don't worry I'll get someone next time, I'll find there ass on Facebook and sort something out by messaging them. Probably end up getting arrested lol.

Doesn't even have to check online. A couple lines of code can prevent the game from loading before a specified date and time... Much like preloading and seeing the countdown until it's available to be played.
I haven't done preloading so I'm not familiar with it, but I said only one time online check because someone might be able to get around that by tweaking his system date? I'm not sure but I guess

Because Sony or NRS doesn't release that file until release date, like day 1 patch?

I don't think that would be needed, again, I'm not sure but physical copies simply couldn't boot (since they are still incomplete) until they had that small piece of file downloaded (that would be released on official date like day 1 patch, or even to incorporate it into day 1 patch) that would allow the game to boot

This.

Lol, credit to you bro for that small piece of dlc/file to download :) I took it a step further for games that gonna have a day 1 patch to incorporate it into them, you like? :D (But the ability to download the piece of file separately should still exist since if someone didn't want for day 1 patch to finish downloading, so they could unlock their games quicker)

Last edited: