What's new

General/Other Harley Quinn CEO Discussion (New Harley Players Welcome)

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Who do you think in this game beats Harley Tier wise? I think Superman,Batman,Aquaman,Grundy,Batgirl,Deathstroke(Barely) and obviously at the moment Scorpion. That's 7. Like I said I think she is 8, 9 or 10 Tier wise, unless you can add 3 in there that can beat her 90% of the time with 2 equally skilled players.

Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Scorpion, Flash, Lantern, Frost, Nightwing, DS, Wonder Woman, Grundy, Arrow I would all place higher than her without a doubt. Raven, Ares (who i think is better than people are saying), Doomsday and Sinestro id place in the same league as her debatably, probably a little bit higher.

I think a lot of people are having a hard time understanding that this game is actually pretty balanced, and most matchups become fucked up based on stage selection. there are very few matchups i feel are fucked up regardless of the stage. maybe like hawkgirl vs DS or Doomsday vs Arrow. I personally believe that there are no unviable characters in this game. there are characters that are debatably unviable like Lobo, Bane and Lex, but i feel thats because nobody has the balls big enough to actually use them and test it in tournament play.

I dont think you understand how tiers work if you say that they will win 90% of the time in order for you to place higher, that means that its a 9-1 matchup and i havent seen a 9-1 matchup in this game. tier placement works by a matchup-to-matchup basis. i think she has a lot of 6-4s and a few 7-3s going against her and only a few 6-4s going for her. a most are pretty even though from what i can tell.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Superman, Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Scorpion, Flash, Lantern, Frost, Nightwing, DS, Wonder Woman, Grundy, Arrow I would all place higher than her without a doubt. Raven, Ares (who i think is better than people are saying), Doomsday and Sinestro id place in the same league as her debatably, probably a little bit higher.

I think a lot of people are having a hard time understanding that this game is actually pretty balanced, and most matchups become fucked up based on stage selection. there are very few matchups i feel are fucked up regardless of the stage. maybe like hawkgirl vs DS or Doomsday vs Arrow. I personally believe that there are no unviable characters in this game. there are characters that are debatably unviable like Lobo, Bane and Lex, but i feel thats because nobody has the balls big enough to actually use them and test it in tournament play.

I dont think you understand how tiers work if you say that they will win 90% of the time in order for you to place higher, that means that its a 9-1 matchup and i havent seen a 9-1 matchup in this game. tier placement works by a matchup-to-matchup basis. i think she has a lot of 6-4s and a few 7-3s going against her and only a few 6-4s going for her. a most are pretty even though from what i can tell.
Forgot about Adam and Nightwing. Jonnitti I know you from XBL SCV. This is obviously k1nG s1LenT the Yoshimitsu player.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
oh shit! whats good dude?
Nothing whos your main in SCV again? I kind of know you from somewhere else too or you did something significant in SCV....are you on my friends list? or some shit....sorry I havent been on XBL in a VERY long time....

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
oh shit! whats good dude?
OH YOUR THE PATROKLOS PLAYER!!! I've had plenty of XBL matches with you...your on my friends list no duh....sorry jonnitti! At least I remembered you hahahaha. Man whats good.. you still play SCV?

We had so many good Best of 5's.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
OH YOUR THE PATROKLOS PLAYER!!! I've had plenty of XBL matches with you...your on my friends list no duh....sorry jonnitti! At least I remembered you hahahaha. Man whats good.. you still play SCV?

We had so many good Best of 5's.

yeah i still play. im getting back into it now because i had like 2 months where i didnt play really. but i still am active in the community and do what i can. i actually hosted the calibur room at ECT and probably will again at SJ. and yeah i think i might have deleted you because you were offline for a long time and i needed to make space for some other people, but if you end up going on more often shoot me a FR again!

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
yeah i still play. im getting back into it now because i had like 2 months where i didnt play really. but i still am active in the community and do what i can. i actually hosted the calibur room at ECT and probably will again at SJ. and yeah i think i might have deleted you because you were offline for a long time and i needed to make space for some other people, but if you end up going on more often shoot me a FR again!
yeah i feared that has happened with the majority of my friends list haha. k1nG? That mother fucker hasn't been on in like 3 years? fuck him... hahahaha

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
This tourney was so hype for me this weekend after seeing all this awesome Harley play. Kudos to all the Harley players who did well.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I gotta say this has been a great weekend for Harley period...Shogun winning his tournament, & Deg & I making the Top 8 at CEO with her...we not only proved she's viable but we proved the Harley army is a force to be reckoned with. :)
Fuck yeah man, can't wait to see you in the combo threads. :D

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
I gotta say this has been a great weekend for Harley period...Shogun winning his tournament, & Deg & I making the Top 8 at CEO with her...we not only proved she's viable but we proved the Harley army is a force to be reckoned with. :)
You guys made me believe in a character I wanted to play but wrote off. I'm happy to see I was wrong about her. I'll definitely be working hard on her.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
I've been playing her since day 1 and I've been an active member on the boards and real talk, she isn't top 10 material. She has set-ups yes, but she barely has high/low mix-ups. "In the right hands" shes good, like we've seen this weekend, but these people (Deg & Saltface) have to play completely fair against all the 50+% Supermen or Derp Scoripon or Foot-Foot-Foot Dive BA. She is a decent character and that's about it. most of her tech is found out and even if there is some "hidden tech" out there, I'm very sure it wouldn't move her to Top 10. I don;t want people to come here thinking they'll learn an easy character because she isn't. She has nothing abuseable so I don't want to here that "she's broken" because that's nonsense.
i agree

she's a gimmick character and people at ceo didn't know how to fight her

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
I believe she needs to be taken seriously. So I disagree with her being a gimmick.
by gimmick character i mean the technical definition, i.e. she has a lot of tricks that will catch people the first time you do them but are easy to block once people know your setups

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
i agree

she's a gimmick character and people at ceo didn't know how to fight her
I dunno, I think you're taking away from Deg's and Saltface's performance. They were fighting top players. Ignorance of a match-up is not an excuse, and I can't see tournament players not being prepared for Harley. Pig of the Hut has played Saltface's Harley a lot prior to this tournament, but lost to him. Tom Brady has also mentioned fighting his Harley.

You don't make it to the top 8 out of pure ignorance. These were skilled players. Harley might not be top tier, but passing it off as gimmicks seems demeaning to some awesome performances. See the game against 16 Bit's Killer Frost? Saltface was in control of the situation, made amazing reads, and made a comeback with masterful use of Harley's tools.