What's new

Harley Combo Thread

When pop pop hits an opponent on the ground, you also get a free high/low fuzzy guard 50/50 if you forward dash. Just like F1 3. If you hit that reset in the corner after the F1 xx DB2 x3 loop, you can get 80% to %87 depending on if you go low with B2 2 or high with J2 since you can only combo 1 2 after fuzzy J2.

Just information for people who don't know. But yes, it's a gimmick because the situations where you'd want to give up the guaranteed damage are limited.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
3,3 is... Interesting.. The 3 alone is kind of meh sluggish and awkward (basically looks like a kick to the balls), however the second 3 comes out equally awkward yet surprisingly fast and hits 2x, so opponent has to block three low strikes... Keys to 3,3..
Are you doing it deep (close to opponent)?
Are you doing it from max distance?
Does it result in a hard knockdown (no system to test but I believe it does)
The hit properties of 3,3- I believe are mid,low,low or mid,mid,low
And finally
What are your follow up options on hit/block.

I don't think 3,3 is Harley's answer to greatness, and while under utilized properly, it surely is something that will catch your opponent off guard at least once per match.. So in turn is semi-gimmicky and is all about the follow up

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
It depends on what it is on block, it could be a legit frame trap.

Not sure how slow the first 3 is or if there's a gap in between the 3,3s.

We gotta explore this move! But I got no consoles D:

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
This is what I mostly use lol either 33,TS1....... or 3xTS1 but most ppl always block low so.......
Exactly! If they already block you low- 3,3 is useless like the rest..Harley's Bane!!!!
Yes, 3,3 can cancel into TS after the 2nd hit of 3,3 comes out.. Same with 2,B3.. Cancel into TS after first spin leg comes out

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I would like to talk about JI2xxDB1 a sec..
Is this worth exploring other than breaking up monotony or styling on your opponent? While landing the JI attack already.. You are free to damage as you please.. But the air guns followed after the jump in does quite a few things;

1) keeps her airborne longer on block, negating opponent low counter/poke attacks, can be MB to stay airborne even longer over certain moves.

2) May catch the eager to punish opponent once they block the jump in where the jumping gun catches their potential counter- therefore making it possible that JI2xxDB1 acts like a double overhead from jump in (even more so character specific to just Harley- due to the characteristics of other characters jumping projectiles and the state it leaves them in)..

3) if opponents see this tactic more it may be a possible key we are looking for to keep them honest and block high, instead of low all day....

4) if your JI/NJ hits.. AND then the air gunshot hits your opponent - they are still staggering backward slightly- potential follow up to this? Is it worth the risk/reward for damage that can be mustered from JI2xxDB1?

Katt

Magnet
Recovery on airguns are so bad I don't think it's possible to follow up. Only situation I think ji2xxAG can be feasible is where you do a ji2with an early 2 to catch jumpers. You see the opponent is not jumping and you do airguns to catch their aa-attempt.

But I don't think it would be worth it as airguns are really punishable, and at such range you will die on block. And nobody blocks low against jumping Harley.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Dont know if this been posted but its something I was messing around with and the whole bounce cancels
- B121, BBMB, J2, J2, 12 PDMB
- B121, BBMB, J3, 112xxSS

there prob many more options with this but still messing around with it

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
What are the best options after a play doctor?
All depends on opponents tendencies.. Play doctor leaves both opponents standing and at about the same advantage..It places you at perfect distance to TS If blocking high, SSxxTS if back dashing or a JI1/2 of low blocking, A nice B3 if they neutral/back jump or a MB B3 if they jump forward. If the opponent has a strong AA, jumping guns is a good bet.. Basically outside of the corner, look at PD as a restart to start of match and go from there.

All depends on opponents tendencies.. Play doctor leaves both opponents standing and at about the same advantage..It places you at perfect distance to TS If blocking high, SSxxTS if back dashing or a JI1/2 of low blocking, A nice B3 if they neutral/back jump or a MB B3 if they jump forward. If the opponent has a strong AA, jumping guns is a good bet.. Basically outside of the corner, look at PD as a restart to start of match and go from there.
Thank you :D

booivi

Good Game :)
Does anyone have Harley's pop pop reset on video? I dont quite understand it by text, id like to see it visually. Also, im looking for a nice decent combo that starts with f3 and ends with play doctor, midscreen please. Thanks.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I'm not sure if everyone knows this but you can go for TSx1 j2 b121 into SS while heading to the corner to get a cross under.

booivi

I need some Harley Quinn players to contribute here... May any of you please answer my previous post. Also, i'd like to add in that i need a combo starting with pop pop MB charged all the way and hopefully ending with play doctor?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Does anyone have Harley's pop pop reset on video? I dont quite understand it by text, id like to see it visually. Also, im looking for a nice decent combo that starts with f3 and ends with play doctor, midscreen please. Thanks.
I don't understand what you mean by pop pop reset. Are you talking about in the corner in which it is MB Pop pop into F1,3, MB Pop Pop into F1,3 repeat as long As you have bars to MB Pop Pop?

F3 is a good range launcher that catches people sleeping while thinking they are safe while crouching..I don't understand why you HAVE to end it with play doctor since there are better options, but okay..
-F3,JI2,1,1, Play Doctor- very basic yes, but due to your specifications it is really the only true option..
With good timing you could pull
-F3,2,D3,1,1(or 2), Play Doctor

Off F3 I would prefer to SS under the ground bounce and mix up with either TS or a NJ1/2/3.. Based on opponents tendencies/defensive skills and then work from there.. Since SS works well with a downed opponent (especially in the corner) ( See Burgessssss thread on SS mixup in corner) because it confuses the opponent on which side she is actually on.

I need some Harley Quinn players to contribute here... May any of you please answer my previous post. Also, i'd like to add in that i need a combo starting with pop pop MB charged all the way and hopefully ending with play doctor?
I think you are a bit obsessed with Pop Pop and Play Doctor.. Realistically.... A MB Pop Pop at full charge can only be safely done from full screen.. That being said.. IF the fully charged Pop Pop come out- there is no guarantee that the opponent is not going to jump it (more on that in a sec).. If the Pop Pop does hit- the opponent goes airborne and backward.. I think it is technically "possible" to dash like mad right behind the Pop Pop and maybe with outstanding timing get off a J1/2/3 to which you would be able to land (I am assuming this will place you both in far corner) so it would look like..
-MB full charge Pop Pop- MAD DASH ACROSS SCREEN, J2,1,1,2,1,1(or2), Play Doctor

You may have a Better chance of following up the MB Pop Pop in hopes that they jump the Pop shot and catch them in the air.. But you are still getting minimal air to air damage off them that is if you are successful in the attack at all..plus.. You would not technically be combining OFF the Pop Pop..

Now..I don't see the practicality because of the huge risk of being blown up during your mad rush to get in to follow up.. Your timing needs to e perfect There is TOO many variables to account for any this to occur (honestly: if even possible)... And as Harley Already has a hard enough time with many things, I'm not sure what your trying to accomplish...

But there you have it.. Have fun!

booivi

Yeah you're right I guess im just trying too hard. Im just trying to test things out as much as i can and find some strategy that suits my play style. What about db 1? Do you know anything you can follow it up with on hit?

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I suppose you could b3 them out of the pop pop bounce for a full combo.

Have not tried it though. You do it

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Yeah you're right I guess im just trying too hard. Im just trying to test things out as much as i can and find some strategy that suits my play style. What about db 1? Do you know anything you can follow it up with on hit?
I'm assuming you mean TS (Tantrum Stance)?

Well... You can follow a successful TS into
TS1 (Cartwheel)..
From here you can go into another
- TS1, into a TS2, or TS3
- TS1xxB3- follow up

See TS1 is used if confirmed as the most options for damage
TS2 is used as a good ended that keeps you close and at slight advantage/if not even to your opponent for further follow up
TS3 is best used to catch an out of reach follow up and just to end with damage.

booivi

I suppose you could b3 them out of the pop pop bounce for a full combo.

Have not tried it though. You do it
See that's why I love hearing y'alls suggestions. I've never thought of doing b3 after it but im excited to try it.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
If u feel real froggy like webs said for corner with pop.
MB pop, F1, MB pop, F1, MB pop, F1, B22, TS1, F13, F13, 112, 12, PD MB