What's new

Harley Combo Thread

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
If u feel real froggy like webs said for corner with pop.
MB pop, F1, MB pop, F1, MB pop, F1, B22, TS1, F13, F13, 112, 12, PD MB

Also... i've found a way to make her BROKEN in the corner... but you'll see it live (hopefully) at the Break tournament tomorrow.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!

Also... i've found a way to make her BROKEN in the corner... but you'll see it live (hopefully) at the Break tournament tomorrow.

Welp there it is lol hopefully it flow in your style and GL man cant wait to see the vids

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yeah three bars is too gimmicky for me but I like the idea of trying to get more mileage out of Pop Pop for pressure since it turns into an overhead and Harley desperately needs ways outside of f2 to make people block standing for mix up pressure.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I think Pop Pop is under utilized at this moment.. Was thinking as an end to 1,1,2 string MB Pop Pop to make the projectile a "pressure tool".. The orb will basically be at or near them on wake up (play w/ spacing/timing) forcing a high block, low block, hit and air juggle or jump scenario in your favor/advantage to which you can follow up accordingly.
If you read this entry correctly.. And say have 3 bars, that is 3 free mix-up/ combo opportunities off of a simple projectile..from her positive frame, BnB string.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I think Pop Pop is under utilized at this moment.. Was thinking as an end to 1,1,2 string MB Pop Pop to make the projectile a "pressure tool".. The orb will basically be at or near them on wake up (play w/ spacing/timing) forcing a high block, low block, hit and air juggle or jump scenario in your favor/advantage to which you can follow up accordingly.
If you read this entry correctly.. And say have 3 bars, that is 3 free mix-up/ combo opportunities off of a simple projectile..
I use that too, especially against wake-up friendly characters (Lex/Hal). But yea I agree, the one thing that you can call "hidden" is her Pop Pop

serge

Noob
I get decent success with overhead pop pop (especially in corners) when opponent is ducking too much my guns.
MB overhead pop pop > SS > TS > hello combo.
If you time it right, the opponent has to jump it and when he starts jumping the pop pops, just AA j2 > 11 pd instead of TS.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King

You guys are combo masters......my best combo that I just got the hang of tomorrow is. JI2,B22,TS1,B3,JI2,Supermove,JI3. Thats full meter 55%....I'M SUCH A NOOB!!!!!! I've spent too much time away form this thread cause it was dead for like 2 weeks.
Edit: Can someone find for me the highest meterless combo and the highest combo that uses meter. I would be one happy Harley player! :D

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
You guys are combo masters......my best combo that I just got the hang of tomorrow is. JI2,B22,TS1,B3,JI2,Supermove,JI3. Thats full meter 55%....I'M SUCH A NOOB!!!!!! I've spent too much time away form this thread cause it was dead for like 2 weeks.
Edit: Can someone find for me the highest meterless combo and the highest combo that uses meter. I would be one happy Harley player! :D
mid screen stick to JI2, b22, TS1, B3, JI2, JI2, 12 xx PD MB. its around 51% with 1 meter. in the corner do what i did in the video but with no Pop pops.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
mid screen stick to JI2, b22, TS1, B3, JI2, JI2, 12 xx PD MB. its around 51% with 1 meter. in the corner do what i did in the video but with no Pop pops.
Is there an alternative to play doctor, usually guns comes out and I'm tired of whiffing combos due to it.
Edit: Also why do it without the Pop Pops?

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
practice until you get the PD out... i didnt just get good by not trying a million times.

and it's because the corner combo i gave you was the most you can do with less meter. add pop pop if you want.

booivi

Good Game :)
Guys, I did not know where to post this but Harley b12 jails into her PD grab successfully. You can try it out on practice mode if you'd like. This gives you guaranteed dmg if you guess the opponent is going to try and stand block your "string".

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Guys, I did not know where to post this but Harley b12 jails into her PD grab successfully. You can try it out on practice mode if you'd like. This gives you guaranteed dmg if you guess the opponent is going to try and stand block your "string".
Jail into?

booivi

Yeah the term "jail" refers to a string that basically flows together in a speed that seems almost like a true string but instead is a sequence of attacks that catch the opponent during, on, or after their recovery frames.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Yeah the term "jail" refers to a string that basically flows together in a speed that seems almost like a true string but instead is a sequence of attacks that catch the opponent during, on, or after their recovery frames.
Interesting. So if they are stand blocking B12 PD is guaranteed? or no.

booivi

Interesting. So if they are stand blocking B12 PD is guaranteed? or no.
Yes it is. And if you have godlike reactions seeing a hit confirmed b1 then you can go ahead and cancel in TS or finish the string so that the PD can still combo. Example: b121,PD, because b1,2 PD on hit confirm will not combo together, only on block.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Is there an alternative to play doctor, usually guns comes out and I'm tired of whiffing combos due to it.
Edit: Also why do it without the Pop Pops?
You can end it in 1,1,2 instead of 1,2 PD and then immediately SS into oki. It's good to be able to do both though, so that you have options.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
So Ive been trying some D2 action in the corner after watching Shogun feed and (hopefully I remember this right at work now)
but something like this:
Corner
Add J2 if want
B22>Ts1>2U3>1,112>D2>DB2

I think somewhere in there I added an additional 112 but im not home to confirm or try to add a SS at the end of it.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
So Ive been trying some D2 action in the corner after watching Shogun feed and (hopefully I remember this right at work now)
but something like this:
Corner
Add J2 if want
B22>Ts1>2U3>1,112>D2>DB2

I think somewhere in there I added an additional 112 but im not home to confirm or try to add a SS at the end of it.
Also off D2 cupcakes (reg or MB) hit.. Work w/timing though.. Almost feels like a link and not waiting for the recovery..

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
You can end it in 1,1,2 instead of 1,2 PD and then immediately SS into oki. It's good to be able to do both though, so that you have options.
Yeah that's what I've been doing but I'm currently confused. I hear that ending in PD is a 53% combo? But it only does 10%, ending in 112 is a 45% combo but it does 14% damage. How the fuck does that work?

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Yeah that's what I've been doing but I'm currently confused. I hear that ending in PD is a 53% combo? But it only does 10%, ending in 112 is a 45% combo but it does 14% damage. How the fuck does that work?
Different moves have different damage scaling, so when they are used in a combo they don't do the same damage as when used by itself. They also affect how much damage other moves do when following that move in a combo. Some moves when omitted can actually result in more damage. Universally in this game (I'm quite sure) d2 moves have high damage scaling, so when used in a combo, lowers the amount of damage of other moves that come after it.

Though I don't think this is what's happening in this case. PD at the end of Harley's BnB results in 53% only if you meter burn it. Otherwise it is ~45%. The MB portion of PD is also unscaled damage, meaning that no matter what it does 8%.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
so i found a much easier way to end my harley bnb in play doctor. i used to do
b22, tantrum, cartwheel, b3, air 2, air 2, 12 PD

now i do this:
b22, tantrum, cartwheel, b3, air 2, PD.

it's so much easier. i landed it 99% of the time online today. it does do a little less damage, but it always lands. it's really a shame that harley has to long stunning strings/strings that do multiple hits for one button press like shazam does. it's much easier for shazam and KF to combo into their command grabs.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
i had the worst time at the break (controller broke :( ) but i went to Next Level and did my combo in person. it actually surprised people. hopefully i can show you all it soon.