What's new

Harley Combo Thread

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
k1nG_Qu1nN you can finish that combo consistently no matter when the b3 hits. after b3 you do J2, J2, but you have to hit the 2nd J2 on the way UP from the ground really early. you can land and do 11 PD or 12 PD.

Also i work overtime almost every week so my tournaments will be few and far between.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
k1nG_Qu1nN you can finish that combo consistently no matter when the b3 hits. after b3 you do J2, J2, but you have to hit the 2nd J2 on the way UP from the ground really early. you can land and do 11 PD or 12 PD.

Also i work overtime almost every week so my tournaments will be few and far between.
I'll have to practice that. Hit the 2 on the way up and not at the peak of the jump. Thanks for the tip. :D

Umm. Mid-screen I do b2,2 (1,1 if right next to each other instead, d1 is also good to cancel into tantrum stance but I always roll out of it after d1 so I don't use it) xx TS~1 > b3 > ji2 > ji2 > 1,1,2 xx Silly Slide OR Cupcake Bombs (MB) then a gunshot if they launch, if I want to start playing keep-away. I always Slide in to DS, Superman, Sinestro, etc, though, since I can't zone as well as them. Double jump in 2's can be replaced by one j3, it's the same damage I just have a habit of doing j2.[/quote]

I didn't think you could land the full 112 after doing two j2s. everytime I tried it they we're too low for the gunshots to juggle is it just strict timing? If the damage is the same doing j3 > 112 I'll just stick with that cus I don't really have problems landing that

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Umm. Mid-screen I do b2,2 (1,1 if right next to each other instead, d1 is also good to cancel into tantrum stance but I always roll out of it after d1 so I don't use it) xx TS~1 > b3 > ji2 > ji2 > 1,1,2 xx Silly Slide OR Cupcake Bombs (MB) then a gunshot if they launch, if I want to start playing keep-away. I always Slide in to DS, Superman, Sinestro, etc, though, since I can't zone as well as them. Double jump in 2's can be replaced by one j3, it's the same damage I just have a habit of doing j2.
You have to hit the second JI2 RIGHT when you jump on the way UP. Thats what Ramon said.

booivi

Good Game :)
I didn't think you could land the full 112 after doing two j2s. everytime I tried it they we're too low for the gunshots to juggle is it just strict timing? If the damage is the same doing j3 > 112 I'll just stick with that cus I don't really have problems landing that
Use j3 when midscreen, and use the j2's when heading or close to corner. Works perfectly. The 112's should always land this way.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
an "unreliable" combo means you don't practice it enough.
It's not a case of practice for me and the other alternatives are not 'hard'. I'm going for 10/10 land it every time combos personally and yes, tournament players will generally choose consistency over max damage every time.

If I find a particular combo has tight timing and there is an alternative that does a couple of % less, I'll go with that. I don't want the possibility of dropping it, losing the corner and possibly being punished for it. Just because you can land it 10/10 in practice mode, it does not mean you will do the same in tournament.

I'm not saying this is the best option, just my preference.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
what about JI2,B22,TS1,F13,F13,PD MB? It does less then what you do?
Yes. That does 38% without the j2 starter and a non MB PD. This does 42% or 50% with the MB PD.

b22~TS 1, nj2, f13, 112~PD

This one does 44% but I don't think the extra 2% is worth it personally.

b22~TS 1, f13, f13, 112~PD

Katt

Magnet
Anything you can sneak in after 112 gives bonus dmg as PD doesn't scale. You can do 112 1 1 12~PD for most damage but I usually only do 112 12~PD if I'm even doing PD. I recommend going for oki, she gets mad oki at the wall.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
It's not a case of practice for me and the other alternatives are not 'hard'. I'm going for 10/10 land it every time combos personally and yes, tournament players will generally choose consistency over max damage every time.

If I find a particular combo has tight timing and there is an alternative that does a couple of % less, I'll go with that. I don't want the possibility of dropping it, losing the corner and possibly being punished for it. Just because you can land it 10/10 in practice mode, it does not mean you will do the same in tournament.

I'm not saying this is the best option, just my preference.
you just said exactly what i said... You are going with the easier option. Are you telling me with practice you cant land the combo almost every time?

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
i dont have to read it again. you made an excuse that you dont want to learn the "harder" combo.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
look, if you can consistently land harley's difficult combos, good for you, but that's not practical for most people. depending on why the combo is difficult, practice will help, but it won't be the difference between always landing it and always dropping it.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
you know what. I wont care anymore then. Go on be comfortable because you can't practice something until you get it right. I'm not attacking y'all, this is me trying to wake you up from mediocrity. But yes, I'm the bad guy. I will keep all these combos to myself for the future.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
you know what. I wont care anymore then. Go on be comfortable because you can't practice something until you get it right. I'm not attacking y'all, this is me trying to wake you up from mediocrity. But yes, I'm the bad guy. I will keep all these combos to myself for the future.
Alls we are doing is learning the combos that WE can do. Some combos no matter how often we practice them are just impossible for some people to do. I've practiced specific combos and moves for awhile now and some of them the timing is SO STRICT I can't ever land it consistently. That's all I'm saying. What you're saying is just practice more. Well hours and hours of practice doesn't change the games code and make the timing less strict. It just gives muscle memory. Which is good. Very good. Being able to land Play doctor consistently is a very very good thing, opens up WAY more options for Harley players. But if someone practices it for hours and can't do it, they are either doing it wrong or they are the type of person who just CAN'T do it. So they substitute for an easier 112 alternative even though they do lose some damage and opportunities. Like me for example, I can't do 12 or 11 PD, only PD. I practiced for a very long time about 3 hours straight and landed it maybe 5 out of 20 times and for me I can usually learn something and get it 100% of the time about 30 minutes to an hour in. So I just do PD instead. If you were able to practice and learned to input the combos and land it 100% of the time that's amazing. Very very good work. Technically you're better at doing those types of combos then. Thats good in fighting games. But some people just aren't that good no matter how hard they try. Don't stop posting your helpful combos and tips. Your a huge part of the Harley community. Just like all of us. Even the noobs. :D

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
what i'm saying is I for one am TERRIBLE at combos. Always have been. I see your hours in training mode and raise you my days if not WEEKS of me practicing. people who tell me they CANT do something are not worth my time. You can all do what i do. I'm not special. I'm not superhuman. I just know how to make a champion out of people. "Can't" is the only thing that holds you back. Your hours in training with no yield means nothing to me. i want to see you practice and fail, and then practice more. Thats when i know this community is great. Until then.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
what i'm saying is I for one am TERRIBLE at combos. Always have been. I see your hours in training mode and raise you my days if not WEEKS of me practicing. people who tell me they CANT do something are not worth my time. You can all do what i do. I'm not special. I'm not superhuman. I just know how to make a champion out of people. "Can't" is the only thing that holds you back. Your hours in training with no yield means nothing to me. i want to see you practice and fail, and then practice more. Thats when i know this community is great. Until then.
Some people just don't want to spend weeks practicing to get one combo down. So they say they can't do it. Congrats to you doing it though. This conversation was a good eye opener.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro

I don't know if you followed MK at all but there were many 'optimal' combos that were simply never touched by high level players. You never saw gga dizzy do double f3 combos with cage, never saw pig of the hut do max damage mid screen with Kenshi, never saw 16bit do the Same with Kitana and you never saw Kung Lao players do double dive kick combos. Okay well maybe PL on occasion but he also dropped them too.

My point earlier was that yes, although its possible to max out your damage, the risk of dropping it often isn't worth it as the result often ends up with you eating 40% or more by whiffing a normal when you were trying to squeeze out an extra 2%.

If you can do max damage every time then that's great and you should use it. Just be aware that far more important matches were lost by dropped combos than those that were lost by not maximising them. A BnB should be a combo that YOU can consistently do every single time without fail, which obviously differs from person to person.

Katt

Magnet
Ramons combos are consistent and "easy" enough to be considered a BNB. If you don't want to practice then fine, use your weak-ass replacements. Learn some execution as combos are really easy in this game. If you fail at something then you haven't practiced enough or not good enough.

Just do 12xxPD on a standing opponent to get the timing and execution down. After 12 on a standing opponent PD will whiff. This is good as it allows you to repeat that single part untill you can consistently get PD out after a 12.

Personally I never even bother to end combos with PD anymore (Unless it kills) as her mixups from slide gives better opportunities.

Personally I never even bother to end combos with PD anymore (Unless it kills) as her mixups from slide gives better opportunities.
Agreed. I'll digress because this argument is getting counterproductive. After a crossup j2 in the corner followed by a 123 to switch sides again, can you get two f13s before a 112 ender? The combo would look like this

(Crossup) j2 > 123 > f13 > f13 > 112

and then end it with either SS/PD/12 PD or just end it there for the knockdown. I can't test anything until tomorrow but I must know!

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
that reminds me, what exactly is the point of ending a combo with PD? the MB at the end of high damaging combos is great, and it obviously prevents wakeups, but is there any other reason to use it? you obviously don't want to use it if you can bait a punishable wakeup or if you have no meter/don't plan on using it. the distance it leaves you at is good for another TS or F3, you're only left at 0 and opponent s always try to hit you first. the safest thing i found to do after landing PD is jump back oopsy daisy. once they start blocking that, you an jump forward 2 into b22/f2 TS.

Agreed. I'll digress because this argument is getting counterproductive. After a crossup j2 in the corner followed by a 123 to switch sides again, can you get two f13s before a 112 ender? The combo would look like this

(Crossup) j2 > 123 > f13 > f13 > 112

and then end it with either SS/PD/12 PD or just end it there for the knockdown. I can't test anything until tomorrow but I must know!
do you mean a corner combo ended with 112 SS and then a neutral jump 2 123 to put them back in the corner? this might be a good thing to do when you don't have a bomb-able interactable in the corner. 123 is -5 on block though and there's no mixup to it.

It could be after a SS nj2 or just a raw j2 crossup into the corner. Let's say either the interactable has been used up or there isn't anything for you to use in that specific corner. Off the top of my head I can't recall which is the safer string 123 or 2u3?

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Some people just don't want to spend weeks practicing to get one combo down. So they say they can't do it. Congrats to you doing it though. This conversation was a good eye opener.
exactly! that was my point that it's not because you CANT do it. I stopped ending combos in SS since Wakeup in this game can be too hard for Harley to handle. I want my opponents standing. If I rarely knock them down they wont be ready for a mixup when i do knock them down. My only argument is when someone tells me the cannot do something. It's just bullshit.