What's new

Harley Combo Thread

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
i don't think you can do 2 F13s in that combo. here's what i do:
b22, tantrum, cartwheel, jump 2 (if you're not quite in the corner yet, do a forward jump; if you're in the corner, do a neutral jump), f13, 112 SS. SS tends to not come out if any part of the 112 whiffed.

If you hit the j2 as an air-to-air you can get two f13s in the corner. It's easier if you hit the opponent before or at the peak of their jump. I also use the combo you listed when I'm too close to the corner for a b3 but a little too far to land the f13s after cartwheel. What's the advantage of ending midscreen combos with standing 33? It seems like a good oki setup cus it leaves you close but can't they roll out of it?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
If you hit the j2 as an air-to-air you can get two f13s in the corner. It's easier if you hit the opponent before or at the peak of their jump. I also use the combo you listed when I'm too close to the corner for a b3 but a little too far to land the f13s after cartwheel. What's the advantage of ending midscreen combos with standing 33? It seems like a good oki setup cus it leaves you close but can't they roll out of it?
i'm pretty sure they can roll out of it. i haven't played around with it too much, but i believe you can forward jump and get a crossup attempt after.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
i don't think you can do 2 F13s in that combo. here's what i do:
b22, tantrum, cartwheel, jump 2 (if you're not quite in the corner yet, do a forward jump; if you're in the corner, do a neutral jump), f13, 112 SS. SS tends to not come out if any part of the 112 whiffed.
Exactly what I do as its much more reliable. I sometimes end in 112 mb pd if I want the damage which racks it up to a simple 50% 1 bar corner combo.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
6% off of a combo is a HUGE loss. Hitting the same combo 2 times = a loss of 12% damage. Learn the highest damage combo. Drill them into your head.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
that's very true, but dropping the combo because of the difficulty results in even more damage loss. i personally get very annoyed when i see harley players end their combo with 12 or 12 gunshot because they tried to do PD but it didn't come out.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
6% off of a combo is a HUGE loss. Hitting the same combo 2 times = a loss of 12% damage. Learn the highest damage combo. Drill them into your head.
Well it's not about drilling it into your head. If the combo is INSANELY hard to input. No matter how much you drill it into your head your bound to whiff it every once in awhile and lose damage doing so. I would rather hit an easy combo 100% of the time and not get frustrated whiffing a hard combo after I spent 99 hours practicing it. Over the 6% damage. But I mean. It probably evens out in the end. Overall i.m.o. combos aren't THAT big of a deal. There's many many more mechanics to the game. I know some very good players that don't do the highest damage combo at every opportunity that beat people that know insane combos. But I mean, I wish I could land Harleys highest damage combos 100% of the time but in my opinion. It's not worth busting my ass over. Especially if it's not going to pay off in the end when I end up whiffing.
Edit: I can land Play Doctor now about 75% of the time with practice. Which definitely helps my Harley game. It's good to practice and open up more opportunities. So I know where you're coming from.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
it doesnt whiff. not when i do it. I drill it in. so we'll see who is more successful i guess...

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
what about JI2,B22,TS1,F13,F13,PD MB? It does less then what you do?
You can add more to this combo, I do JI2 > B22 > TS~1 > F13 > F13 > 1,1,2 > 1,2 > MB PD for 48% + 8% unscaled damage.

You can get this 100% of the time with practice. I've got it down in the right corner(even online), but I tend to drop it in the left corner. More practice for me!

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
You can add more to this combo, I do JI2 > B22 > TS~1 > F13 > F13 > 1,1,2 > 1,2 > MB PD for 48% + 8% unscaled damage.

You can get this 100% of the time with practice. I've got it down in the right corner(even online), but I tend to drop it in the left corner. More practice for me!
Yeah for some reason PD is easier for me to do on the left side then right. Also I have A LOT of trouble timing 12 PD, so I'll just add in the 112 in there then go for PD MB. Thanks :D

cpmd4

I want to see how she was broken in corner!!! ARGH!
Harley's great in the corner. If you end a combo in 1,1,2 xx Silly Slide then immediately neutral jump 2 it crosses up the opponent depending on how fast you silly slide. They are forced to block as they are getting up, but since you cross up they've only got a 50% to know which side to block. If you catch them it's another full combo for you.

As well if there are interactables in the corner Harley can Silly Slide after a 1,1,2 ender and then use the interactable to jump off. If you plant a bomb on your jump off (holding down and the interactable button) it hits your opponent and you can do an air combo to push them back into the corner. I think some interactables don't get destroyed after being bombed in some stages as well, so if you end that air combo in 1,1,2 you can recycle this trick. Burgesssss has a thread on it somewhere here.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Harley's great in the corner. If you end a combo in 1,1,2 xx Silly Slide then immediately neutral jump 2 it crosses up the opponent depending on how fast you silly slide. They are forced to block as they are getting up, but since you cross up they've only got a 50% to know which side to block. If you catch them it's another full combo for you.

As well if there are interactables in the corner Harley can Silly Slide after a 1,1,2 ender and then use the interactable to jump off. If you plant a bomb on your jump off (holding down and the interactable button) it hits your opponent and you can do an air combo to push them back into the corner. I think some interactables don't get destroyed after being bombed in some stages as well, so if you end that air combo in 1,1,2 you can recycle this trick. Burgesssss has a thread on it somewhere here.
Holy fuck. Yeah I learned how to plant a bomb day 2 hahaha. I did not know Harleys Silly Slide could be so useful in corner. Free full combos all day. What is your midscreen BnB? Seeing as how you helped me with the corner BnB I'd like to see if you know more little secrets haha.

cpmd4

Holy fuck. Yeah I learned how to plant a bomb day 2 hahaha. I did not know Harleys Silly Slide could be so useful in corner. Free full combos all day. What is your midscreen BnB? Seeing as how you helped me with the corner BnB I'd like to see if you know more little secrets haha.
I should say that certain wake-ups (like Superman's rising grab) have enough invincibility to escape the cross-up. A lot of them do get hit by Harley though, so it depends on what the opponenets response is. If they're waking up and stopping you I'd go with the more damaging PD ender.

Umm. Mid-screen I do b2,2 (1,1 if right next to each other instead, d1 is also good to cancel into tantrum stance but I always roll out of it after d1 so I don't use it) xx TS~1 > b3 > ji2 > ji2 > 1,1,2 xx Silly Slide OR Cupcake Bombs (MB) then a gunshot if they launch, if I want to start playing keep-away. I always Slide in to DS, Superman, Sinestro, etc, though, since I can't zone as well as them. Double jump in 2's can be replaced by one j3, it's the same damage I just have a habit of doing j2.

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
I should say that certain wake-ups (like Superman's rising grab) have enough invincibility to escape the cross-up. A lot of them do get hit by Harley though, so it depends on what the opponenets response is. If they're waking up and stopping you I'd go with the more damaging PD ender.

Umm. Mid-screen I do b2,2 (1,1 if right next to each other instead, d1 is also good to cancel into tantrum stance but I always roll out of it after d1 so I don't use it) xx TS~1 > b3 > ji2 > ji2 > 1,1,2 xx Silly Slide OR Cupcake Bombs (MB) then a gunshot if they launch, if I want to start playing keep-away. I always Slide in to DS, Superman, Sinestro, etc, though, since I can't zone as well as them. Double jump in 2's can be replaced by one j3, it's the same damage I just have a habit of doing j2.
I do JI2,B22,TS1,B3,and depending on how well the B3 hit, either JI2(If it hit bad) or JI3(if it hit good) PD MB or 112.