What's new

Gun Reform?

nwo

Noob
I don't think it's fair to say it was intentionally deceptive. He could've just seen the total gun deaths statistic somewhere and forgot to account for what was included in it and look up those statistics. It's like when people compare the violent crime rate in the UK to that in the US. They include things like robberies that may or may not be violent and simple assaults (like punching someone at a bar) that wouldn't be included in the US statistics. The ones using these talking points aren't necessarily intending to mislead, they just didn't think to delve into it more.
I've stopped watching him years ago over these type of tactics. It was deceptive, he knows exactly what he's doing.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I've stopped watching him years ago over these type of tactics. It was deceptive, he knows exactly what he's doing.
But that's an assumption, and I don't like to assume. When a political commentator uses the UK violent crime statistics, I don't assume that they're intending to mislead, even if I disagree with what they're saying.

I find Stewart very trustworthy, but all this shows is that you should always look up these things no matter who's saying it. I mean, he's the guy who will bring anyone on their show and give them a fair and friendly interview regardless of political affiliation. He gave Ron Paul attention early last year when nobody else was. The statistic is just misleading, it doesn't mean the person is.

nwo

Noob
But that's an assumption, and I don't like to assume. When a political commentator uses the UK violent crime statistics, I don't assume that they're intending to mislead, even if I disagree with what they're saying.

I find Stewart very trustworthy, but all this shows is that you should always look up these things no matter who's saying it. I mean, he's the guy who will bring anyone on their show and give them a fair and friendly interview regardless of political affiliation. He gave Ron Paul attention early last year when nobody else was. The statistic is just misleading, it doesn't mean the person is.
It's an assumption? He added suicides to the homicide count. Bare minimum its extremely deceptive.

Jon Stewart is ok compared to most of the mainstream media, but that doesn't say much.

I don't got time to argue with you right now, we pretty much don't see eye to eye on anything, you know that.

You could completely ban guns 100% and the murderers and gangs will still get them. Guns are made and distributed illegally all the time, and believe me they're EASY to get. Why disarm everyone else?

Reactions: nwo

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
He's also on comedy central and is a satirist, so if you dont take what he says with a grain of salt you obviously are not very bright.

Btw MSNBC isnt as bad as FOX News, but no news network is as trustworthy as researching yourself.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You could completely ban guns 100% and the murderers and gangs will still get them. Guns are made and distributed illegally all the time, and believe me they're EASY to get. Why disarm everyone else?
Gun control does not take away any law abiding citizens guns. It makes tighter restrictions so that gun shows can't sell guns to criminals, gun dealers can't just say they have "missing" guns, and people's friends are not going to buy guns for them because it will be too much of a hassle.

People need to stop saying gun control=taking away people's guns. Literally no one is saying that,.

nwo

Noob
He's also on comedy central and is a satirist, so if you dont take what he says with a grain of salt you obviously are not very bright.

Btw MSNBC isnt as bad as FOX News, but no news network is as trustworthy as researching yourself.
I agree, its just a Comedy show, but some people seem to take him serious.

I won't get into the MSNBC vs FOX News debate. I've seen too much BS from both networks. I don't like the whole LEFT vs RIGHT thing either, I'm pretty much a libertarian.

yo gun deaths are a big deal but so is democide, the moment we repeal the 2nd amendment is the moment we stop being americans. do you really think less guns will make us safe? when there will always be knives and baseball bats? Bombs can be made from everyday house hold items, plus these new laws only effect hard working citizens, i wanna see the government disarm the mobs and gangs (can never happen btw). i think people should take a psychological examination before they purchase firearms, other than that there is really nothing we can do that wont make us susceptible to the powers that be.
Look I'll protect the second amendment as hard as anyone else.

I think we should be allowed to buy M1A1 Tanks.

But I'm not gonna act like banning guns doesn't decrease deaths.

Yes someone can always find another weapon to kill with. But that weapon isn't gonna make it as easy, and the fact that it isn't easy. Means less deaths.

Compare USA's death toll

to the Banned gun rates of Japan.

They have 1/3rd of our populationa nd they don't break 2 digits of deaths per year.

Where in America, we break thousands upon thousands of deaths a year.

1/3rd of population? ok times japan by 3, and it still doesn't barely break 100.

But in this day and time, where we got the NDAA, warrantless wire-tapping, the Government coming for you if you expose them to the public. No-trial executions, Unmanned drones occupying our air space to spy on you.

THIS IS THE WORST TIME, to ban weapons.

Reactions: nwo

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
The U.S. has been through far tougher times than this one. Every generation always sees itself as the most put upon, every election is too important to ignore, and every era is more dangerous than the last.

If we don't do something now, when will we? Will there be an era without crisis?