What's new

Gun Reform?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I couldn't help, but notice since Sandy there have been a few more shootings across the U.S. It's like watching one nut go through with his dream to take innocent lives encourages other nuts to follow through on their dreams. So with that I agree TheSpore

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
@Tottery Manx: This is common, but its actually not as frequent as the media will have you believe, do you recall the time when the guy in Flodia ate another guys face while allegedly on Bath Salts, suddenly after that day there were all these new reports of incidents that were similar. This because it attracts viewers, back onmy statement about sensationalization. The more people who are reading/watching the fatter the media's pockets fill. It just happens. There are murders everyday, involve 1 or more people at once, but when one incident gains the most attention, then the media jumps on board on reporting anything and everything of that nature. This alos creates fear and paranoia in society and then you see weapons sales go insnaely high.

Illmatix: The President can inact executive orders on many things, but there are huge limits to what he able to do in his power and if he does violate the Constitution he can be brought up for impeachment, which has been done in the past.

McNasty

Moist.
what do you guys think of non-lethal rounds? Bean bags, rock salt, rubber bullets?

Some local shops in my area dont even stock any. I feel for home defense(barring the intruder having a deadly weapon) these are ideal.

TheSpore

what do you guys think of non-lethal rounds? Bean bags, rock salt, rubber bullets?

Some local shops in my area dont even stock any. I feel for home defense(barring the intruder having a deadly weapon) these are ideal.
I feel that those rounds are absolutely great and should be sold more often, but they do still carry great risk of killing someone.

Flagg

Noob
NapoleonComplex Flagg Treadmill Please no personal insults, that's not what this thread is for.
It's a bold thread and issues like this are very, very touchy.

I'm aware i've got heated in this thread. Im not sorry for anything ive said, but I will apologise to you Green Machine as you are trying to have a civil debate.

This thread has shown that there is a lot of intelligent guys here but there is a hell of a lot of ignorance. I am perhaps ignorant of not trying hard enough to respect someone elses opinion.

But the more people "dont give a shit" and "life is meaningless", the more this will go on. Apathy is a plague. When I see a newspaper, the front page splash is who's been evicted from whatever reality tv show is being forced fed to us all. And just somewhere, in that newspaper, might be a story about some poor child that's been horribly abused. Or a defenceless animals. When the Hell did everyone's priorities change?

It's getting to the stage I am no longer surprised by the apathetic and selfish attitudes of people. Which brings everything back full circle, if people dont care about other people dying on a daily basis, then what use is a thread like this? Who's eyes are going to be opened?

The state of the world always reminds me of the film Natural Born Killers.

TheSpore

I'm aware i've got heated in this thread. Im not sorry for anything ive said, but I will apologise to you Green Machine as you are trying to have a civil debate.

This thread has shown that there is a lot of intelligent guys here but there is a hell of a lot of ignorance. I am perhaps ignorant of not trying hard enough to respect someone elses opinion.

But the more people "dont give a shit" and "life is meaningless", the more this will go on. Apathy is a plague. When I see a newspaper, the front page splash is who's been evicted from whatever reality tv show is being forced fed to us all. And just somewhere, in that newspaper, might be a story about some poor child that's been horribly abused. Or a defenceless animals. When the Hell did everyone's priorities change?

It's getting to the stage I am no longer surprised by the apathetic and selfish attitudes of people. Which brings everything back full circle, if people dont care about other people dying on a daily basis, then what use is a thread like this? Who's eyes are going to be opened?

The state of the world always reminds me of the film Natural Born Killers.
It seemingly spreads that all is doom and gloom and the media does this because it sells, for the most part there still a much larger amount of people that are intelligent, good, and wholesome that obey the law and carry a good sense of morals with them. ITs always the select few that ruin things for everyone.

Flagg

Noob
It seemingly spreads that all is doom and gloom and the media does this because it sells, for the most part there still a much larger amount of people that are intelligent, good, and wholesome that obey the law and carry a good sense of morals with them. ITs always the select few that ruin things for everyone.
One good thing about the internet was the amount of information suddenly available to most people, and the "newspaper" has been in decline since. This is a good thing. I hate the media. The newspapers over here are borderline hate mongering and hysterical *cough Daily Mail and the Sun*, and to be honest, the BBC are a bit to far to the left and self serving at times for my liking also.

I dont know what newspapers are like there, but FOX News is an absolute joke of a media outlet.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
One good thing about the internet was the amount of information suddenly available to most people, and the "newspaper" has been in decline since. This is a good thing. I hate the media. The newspapers over here are borderline hate mongering and hysterical *cough Daily Mail and the Sun*, and to be honest, the BBC are a bit to far to the left and self serving at times for my liking also.

I dont know what newspapers are like there, but FOX News is an absolute joke of a media outlet.
Don't get me started. Seriously.

TheSpore

FOX News is geared too much towards their religious and political agendas, they do there best to hold just enough information about a story. Which causes big issues here. After Sandy Hook suddenly Fox was filled with mostly religous motives in the issues. I never watch nor listen to them. I was an Intel. Analyst in the military and due to that fact I have this tendancy to view one story and then find mor einformation to piece together the true story of the case. Like the Steubenville,OH rape case which had ANON involved, most news casts reported barely what should have been known about the case.

Religion is another issue within these cases, overhere we have a large amount of religious people that do not want to separate the church and the state, even though history has proven time and time again why they should be separated, after Sandy Hook many tried to force the public to believe thatthe shooting was all about how we do nt allow prayer in school and gay rights, complete BS...

nwo

Noob

Our media is shit across the board. That's why we have so many "conspiracy theorists" popping up. People are moving more toward alternative media.

TheSpore

Our media is shit across the board. That's why we have so many "conspiracy theorists" popping up. People are moving more toward alternative media.
You can that again, lol, I hate the media and unfortunately a large mass of people will only take what is pu out with face value, instead of finding out the true stoy to heard. OUr focus in the media is also too much about how said celebrity is drinking coffee by his/her house and the Royal Family is doing what.

Zoidberg747

FOX News is geared too much towards their religious and political agendas, they do there best to hold just enough information about a story. Which causes big issues here. After Sandy Hook suddenly Fox was filled with mostly religous motives in the issues. I never watch nor listen to them. I was an Intel. Analyst in the military and due to that fact I have this tendancy to view one story and then find mor einformation to piece together the true story of the case. Like the Steubenville,OH rape case which had ANON involved, most news casts reported barely what should have been known about the case.

Religion is another issue within these cases, overhere we have a large amount of religious people that do not want to separate the church and the state, even though history has proven time and time again why they should be separated, after Sandy Hook many tried to force the public to believe thatthe shooting was all about how we do nt allow prayer in school and gay rights, complete BS...
The more you post the more I like you lol. I'm actually looking into becoming an analyst.as well. It is amazing to me that people can just take what a chain letter tells then and not even try to research themselves.

Zoidberg747

The more you post the more I like you lol. I'm actually looking into becoming an analyst.as well. It is amazing to me that people can just take what a chain letter tells then and not even try to research themselves.

TheSpore

@Zoidberg: Well thank you, being an analyst was fun and the tools you learn from give you the ability delve deep into something most people won't. They can be used in many different ways, it has brought me to all of you and has helped me with my miniature painting and amp u my MK plaing ability. I am one who enjoys knowledge and love to learn new things.

Do decide what side of the fence you stand in an issue you must view both sides of the argument, which is why when we all talk MK and people want to learn how to face said character with said character I always advise these people to spend time learning the character in which you hate.

Omg. A teacher from the high school i went to posted this:

I found a few: None of these were members of the NRA:
Ft Hood - Registered Democrat- Muslim
Columbine - Too young to vote - both families were registered democrats and progressive liberals
VA Tech - Wrote hate mail to Pres Bush and to his staff. Registered Democrat
Colorado Theater - Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, occupy wall street participant, progressive liberal
Connecticut School Shooter - Registered Democrat, hated Christians

I facepalmed. He hasn't replied to my dispute. I'm glad we're all better than this in our community.

Flagg

Noob

Not to go off tangent, is that a nurgle Chaos Space Marine in your avi?

I like your view on things, get the jist of the story and then dig deeper for more information. Every case has two sides to a coin.

TheSpore

Not to go off tangent, is that a nurgle Chaos Space Marine in your avi?

I like your view on things, get the jist of the story and then dig deeper for more information. Every case has two sides to a coin.
Well no its not Nurgle its Lucius the Eternal, I'm a fan of Slaanesh,but I'm all Chaos, if you or anyone intrested search TheSporee666 on Deviant Art and you can find many of my works in the Warhammer world...

Thank you. I mainly don't want to get the thread closed, but i appreciate it :p

Flagg

Noob
Well no its not Nurgle its Lucius the Eternal, I'm a fan of Slaanesh,but I'm all Chaos, if you or anyone intrested search TheSporee666 on Deviant Art and you can find many of my works in the Warhammer world...
I've read a lot of the books, mostly Guard stuff like Gaunts Ghosts and Ciaphus Cain, but I do like it when Astartes of the Imperial or Chaos version make an appearance. Did you ever play the Dawn of War games? Hands down my favourite video game series I ever played. I'll check out your stuff for sure. You drew that picture? Im hella impressed.

TheSpore

Flagg: I didn't draw this pic BTW I mostly paint the models. I own all the DOW games and love everyone of them, which is why I am scared that EA will buy the rights from THQ, since they filed bankrupcy. I'm a huge fan of the Horus Heresy Series as well.

Here I manged to rummage a link to my Devient Art page: http://thespore666.deviantart.com/gallery/

Flagg: I didn't draw this pic BTW I mostly paint the models. I own all the DOW games and love everyone of them, which is why I am scared that EA will buy the rights from THQ, since they filed bankrupcy. I'm a huge fan of the Horus Heresy Series as well.

Here I manged to rummage a link to my Devient Art page: http://thespore666.deviantart.com/gallery/
THQ filed bankruptcy? WHAT ABOUT COH2??????????????? :eek:

Lol, this topic sure is on topic. :D

Flagg

Noob

Lol, I dont want to derail this thread but that's cool. My fave races in Soul Storm were Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Orks, Necrons, Chaos. Those games had so much personality. Yeah it's shame about Relic, I wonder if DOW 3 will ever happen. You're not a member of Relicnews per chance? I've bought the first Heresy book but not got round to reading it yet. I have read Nemesis which I loved. Found a new interest for Assassins after that.

TheSpore

@Green Machine: yeah they file Ch. 11 right before the new year, mainl so they can finish what projects are at work and last I read they will be auctioning of their IPs, I believe they will be finishing COH2...

TheSpore

Lol, I dont want to derail this thread but that's cool. My fave races in Soul Storm were Dark Eldar, Imperial Guard, Orks, Necrons, Chaos. Those games had so much personality. Yeah it's shame about Relic, I wonder if DOW 3 will ever happen. You're not a member of Relicnews per chance? I've bought the first Heresy book but not got round to reading it yet. I have read Nemesis which I loved. Found a new interest for Assassins after that.
You have to read Rising, False Gods, Galaxy in Flames, and Fulgrim, you have no idea what you are missing in those books. My fav. armies have always been CHaos and Sisters.. Thank you for the comment on the Tyrant he took much work.