What's new

Gun Reform?

READ: This is a civil discussion to clarify our views, not to insult each other. Keep it that way. Thanks :D

I'm kind of neutral on the issue because a lot of my family has guns and shit, but when i see stuff like this it makes me cringe. The guy killed his mom in 1995, got out, wrote a letter to her admitting he was a homicidal maniac, and bought 13 guns. I agree guns do provide the best form of self defense, but the need for such self defense is drastically outweighed by the danger they pose to owners and owners families.

For example, you can teach children everything about guns that you possibly could, but they're still children and still do not realize the consequences that are associated with guns, no matter how much you tell them. One of my friends owns several guns and when i asked him what he was doing to teach his kids that they were wrong he said he'd talk to them and take them to the shooting range and stuff, but then for Christmas they bought a walking dead game that is a shotgun you plug into the TV, a large toy gun set, several nerf guns, and a sheriff kit thing. How are they going to realize that guns are not toys when there are gun toys?

Here's the article http://www.startribune.com/local/west/187610601.html?refer=y

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
yo gun deaths are a big deal but so is democide, the moment we repeal the 2nd amendment is the moment we stop being americans. do you really think less guns will make us safe? when there will always be knives and baseball bats? Bombs can be made from everyday house hold items, plus these new laws only effect hard working citizens, i wanna see the government disarm the mobs and gangs (can never happen btw). i think people should take a psychological examination before they purchase firearms, other than that there is really nothing we can do that wont make us susceptible to the powers that be.

First of all, i'm not saying we should not have gun rights, i'm really borderline as is but statistically you're more likely to get your family harmed or killed than to actually defend them.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
yo gun deaths are a big deal but so is democide, the moment we repeal the 2nd amendment is the moment we stop being americans. do you really think less guns will make us safe? when there will always be knives and baseball bats? Bombs can be made from everyday house hold items, plus these new laws only effect hard working citizens, i wanna see the government disarm the mobs and gangs (can never happen btw). i think people should take a psychological examination before they purchase firearms, other than that there is really nothing we can do that wont make us susceptible to the powers that be.
You needed the right to arms to stop the english hundreds of years ago, not 'just because' which seems the attitude that comes across alot.
I bet a vast majority of the people that have guns on TYM have never had a situation where they actually NEEDED to use them.

But in the end it depends if guns are right for the country in question, stick guns in Canada / Swizterland etc. then you'll be alright. Put them in America and shit goes crazy.

Illmatix

First of all, i'm not saying we should not have gun rights, i'm really borderline as is but statistically you're more likely to get your family harmed or killed than to actually defend them.
i heard violent crime is down 20% according to the FBI.........

Illmatix

You needed the right to arms to stop the english hundreds of years ago, not 'just because' which seems the attitude that comes across alot.
I bet a vast majority of the people that have guns on TYM have never had a situation where they actually NEEDED to use them.
yes but guns are like health insurance, just cause you dont need it right now doesnt meant you wont need it ever.

Flagg

Noob
If you asked all other countries outside of the United States if they would like to add a 2nd Amendment analogue to existing national legislation I guarantee you the population would vote a resolute no.

Violent crime is different from gun violence. 2/3rds of gun deaths are suicides, 1/3 are homocide.
Between 1987 and 1990, McDowall found that guns were used in defense during a crime incident 64,615 times annually (258,460 times total over the whole period).[ This equated to two times out of 1,000 incidents (0.2%) that occurred in this period.
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

I'm busy right now but i'll be sure to make some good posts later.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
yes but guns are like health insurance, just cause you dont need it right now doesnt meant you wont need it ever.
Nah its more like provoking homocide, Americans need guns to kill other Americans.
It's probably just kept the way it is because it helps American economy.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No one is repealing the 2nd amendment. Gun control is actually ACCORDING to the second amendment, which states:

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

People need to get their facts straight before spewing this nonsense. Edit: I do wholeheartedly agree with your last point.

Illmatix

If you asked all other countries outside of the United States if they would like to add a 2nd Amendment analogue to existing national legislation I guarantee you the population would vote a resolute no.
yea let's ask the women from the middle east who were sodomized by iron rods publicly

Flagg

Noob
yea let's ask the women from the middle east who were sodomized by iron rods publicly
Do you believe that the 2nd Amendment protects women from absuive men and backward male ideologies in the United States?

I guess my post struck a raw nerve cause you know what I stated was right. Stop being paranoid, no one is going to turn the United States into the 4th Reich.

Illmatix

No one is repealing the 2nd amendment. Gun control is actually ACCORDING to the second amendment, which states:

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

People need to get their facts straight before spewing this nonsense. Edit: I do wholeheartedly agree with your last point.
don't you know how the obama administration works? little by little..... sorry if i jumped on this too soon but i am very passionate about this subject.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Wait what? How does the middle east get dragged into this? That place is fucked up, and no amount of guns will save it. Same with places like Somalia or Liberia, some countries are honestly beyond repair.

Also gun education is how most of the se accidents happen. You need to not only teach your kids how to shoot a gun, but how to store it safely, keep the safety on, the proper time to use one, and the horrible consequences it could bring if used improperly.

Illmatix

Do you believe that the 2nd Amendment protects women from absuive men and backward male ideologies in the United States?

I guess my post struck a raw nerve cause you know what I stated was right. Stop being paranoid, no one is going to turn the United States into the 4th Reich.
dude it isnt about that... chrisgsus christ..... dude i was from the hood and as we may not have it as bad as those poor women but i'll be damned if i have children and have to put all my security in the police department.

ok if you ever lived as an honest man in the hood you would want to own guns. how about this, gun reform in the suburbs not in the areas where police don't do shit.
Nah fuck that man, we need hood reform then lol. But seriously, we shouldn't try to put a band-aid on a broken arm, that isn't going to fix anything (allowing people to own guns isn't going to fix hood violence), we need to help fix the hoods so they're not bad places to live.

And the founding fathers also thought that every law, and Constitution should expire and be rewritten every 19 years.

Illmatix

Nah fuck that man, we need hood reform then lol. But seriously, we shouldn't try to put a band-aid on a broken arm, that isn't going to fix anything (allowing people to own guns isn't going to fix hood violence), we need to help fix the hoods so they're not bad places to live.

And the founding fathers also thought that every law, and Constitution should expire and be rewritten every 19 years.
YOU CANT FIX THE HOOD. Police can barely control it....

The only thing I'll add is that people want to "LIMIT" the guns. Like no need for automatic weapons.

Let me ask you this, if there is ever a time we go at war with our own government, do you really think they will use handguns, etc

No, they will use automatic weapons vs us Gunfree, or limited weapon people.

The 2nd amendment is there to protect us from the govt

YOU CANT FIX THE HOOD. Police can barely control it....
Why not? You just have to address the grams that don'tissues with it. To solve gang violence just create alternate outlets for kids and teens, a place they can go to hang out and not do drugs or fight or shit like that. What is there to do right now in the hood? Not much lol. Get more education so that these kids can get better jobs and afford better places to live.

Illmatix

The only thing I'll add is that people want to "LIMIT" the guns. Like no need for automatic weapons.

Let me ask you this, if there is ever a time we go at war with our own government, do you really think they will use handguns, etc

No, they will use automatic weapons vs us Gunfree, or limited weapon people.

The 2nd amendment is there to protect us from the govt
yes this not only the government but ALL TYRANNICAL POWER, gangs and pedos and criminals included