What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I always do trait into wall. However, I have been noticing lately that you can get more out of this by mixing things up.

For example, if a player notices that I am always doing wall after trait, they will start trying to punish. At this point, maybe I hold back after trait for a half second into lanterns might. Of course this is risky, but if you read that your opponent will try to punish after then you can catch them.

I would say your best option is to map out ALL of the possible scenarios and mix them up, it should make the opponent more tepid when counterattacking as they are getting multiple looks.

Heck, nothing is stopping you from going trait into wall into a mb close lantern. For me right now though, trying to incorporate them all, but reliant on wall.
Personally I think this is a riskier way in general to approach it and ultimately I think you'd chew through a lot of meter in addition to getting full combo punished a fair bit as wall is so recognizable and fairly slow, but I can definitely see how there's a lot of potential reward there too. I may try this approach a bit more and make more hard reads there.

I mean you're basically suggesting to get the opponent to fear pushing buttons after blocking b13 through conditioning which is absolutely right and can pay off. I just also recommend often stopping at b13. Doing that and also staggering b1 in there is so strong.

Zurr Tusko

Twitter: ZurrTusko
In my experience nj3 crossup ONLY works when corpse hopping. I suppose I could be wrong, but that is just my experience. So I suppose my answer is, if you want the nj3 cross then you gotta be right up on em like you are when dashing in. Otherwise, fj3 seems like the better option.
I have a lot of success with it crossing up by doing trait xx Lantern's Might and then dashing and neutral jumping immediately

2jz4lyfe

Green Lantern's got this!
What's the optimal stuff for a corpse hop? F3 or j3? I've been doing f3. Is the j3 more optimal?

Bes110

Noob
Hello Lanterns. Just wanted to share that I have temporarily beat my demons and eliminated a Deadshot from a competitive tournament.

On top of that, I also got an only a real master in a competitive match!(even though I lost the set 3-1).

I will be posting footage of the tournament when it is available. No reason for me sharing this other than to share!

Bes110

Noob
Jump 3 is better imo because if they block it you're plus enough to frame trap s2.
Sorry for being a noob, but what is the implication of a frame trap? Does it mean that it appears like they can take their turn after my move but can't? So my follow up wins?

Tweedy

Noob
Sorry for being a noob, but what is the implication of a frame trap? Does it mean that it appears like they can take their turn after my move but can't? So my follow up wins?
A frame trap is when the fastest normal in the game can't beat out the move that is frame trapping, pretty much, since you're so plus. However you're not plus enough to where they cannot backdash or in some cases armor.

Bes110

Noob
A frame trap is when the fastest normal in the game can't beat out the move that is frame trapping, pretty much, since you're so plus. However you're not plus enough to where they cannot backdash or in some cases armor.
Ahhh I got ya. Thank you very much!

Cashual

Jump 3 is better imo because if they block it you're plus enough to frame trap s2.
I'm confused. Isn't ji3 -2 on block and f3 is +3? Is it a matter of pushback?

I always thought f3 was better on block, can you explain why it isn't? And, I think you can get more damage off of f3, but I fully acknowledge that I'm not very good.

Bes110

Noob
Here is the tournament I was in last as Green Lantern. Finished 7th out of 15 I think! My first match(which I was a bit antsy for) is at 12:50. My second against swamp thing where I got my only a real master is at 1:32:30.

I appreciate any help and advice from the film. I think the main thing with the swamp thing match was not knowing the matchup! But the player was the best one I have played so probably both!

Tweedy

Noob
I'm confused. Isn't ji3 -2 on block and f3 is +3? Is it a matter of pushback?

I always thought f3 was better on block, can you explain why it isn't? And, I think you can get more damage off of f3, but I fully acknowledge that I'm not very good.
The listed frame data on jump ins on this game is incredibly fraudulent. Some jump ins jail into fast normals and they read as minus double digits.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Here is the tournament I was in last as Green Lantern. Finished 7th out of 15 I think! My first match(which I was a bit antsy for) is at 12:50. My second against swamp thing where I got my only a real master is at 1:32:30.

I appreciate any help and advice from the film. I think the main thing with the swamp thing match was not knowing the matchup! But the player was the best one I have played so probably both!
You did alright, many of your conversions were on right on point and doing IA J1 to anti air was also pretty good.
For advice, you did Lanterns Might while your opponent was in the corner a few times, in situations like that you wanna use GLs other special moves as enders to keep them in it.

Bes110

Noob
You did alright, many of your conversions were on right on point and doing IA J1 to anti air was also pretty good.
For advice, you did Lanterns Might while your opponent was in the corner a few times, in situations like that you wanna use GLs other special moves as enders to keep them in it.
Thank you so much!

Cashual

The listed frame data on jump ins on this game is incredibly fraudulent. Some jump ins jail into fast normals and they read as minus double digits.
Thanks man, good to know. Why do you think the frame data gets listed like that? Is it some weird little thing where it is true under some specific condition but in practice it plays out differently? That is silly, and I know every NRS game has incorrect frame data listed (maybe every FG)

Tweedy

Noob
Thanks man, good to know. Why do you think the frame data gets listed like that? Is it some weird little thing where it is true under some specific condition but in practice it plays out differently? That is silly, and I know every NRS game has incorrect frame data listed (maybe every FG)
Idk. Some of Tremor's frame data was horrible and never got fixed.

Noodle Monkey

lives in practice mode
Hey, I'm new to lantern and I was wondering what to do in neutral. Is it better to keep away and throw out projectiles or apply pressure with strings (and if so which ones)

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Hey, I'm new to lantern and I was wondering what to do in neutral. Is it better to keep away and throw out projectiles or apply pressure with strings (and if so which ones)
Use his projectiles and his exploding lantern to make your opponents approach you, unless if you're fighting against Flash or Canary or i.e you don't really want to keep em fullscreen.
2231, B13 and B1 staggers are good for pressure. If your opponent is respecting you a lot B23 is also a good string to use you just gotta be aware of the slow startup on B2.

Noodle Monkey

lives in practice mode
Use his projectiles and his exploding lantern to make your opponents approach you, unless if you're fighting against Flash or Canary or i.e you don't really want to keep em fullscreen.
2231, B13 and B1 staggers are good for pressure. If your opponent is respecting you a lot B23 is also a good string to use you just gotta be aware of the slow startup on B2.
Thanks

2jz4lyfe

Green Lantern's got this!
Just play footsies. His B1 will actually low profile a lot of moves. You can couner zone but you won't win against Good zoners. His high projectile can be mb'd and will come out normally but will travel in 2 frames. Real nice when you hit a Supergirl out of the mb'd laser. 2231 is +1 so a poke into lantern's might. Lab the corpse hop. Gl has some of the best cross up potential. I think its better Batman's J2. Air to air with J1. J3 is good for cross ups and jails into 2231. Learn trait cancels to keep you safe.

Bes110

Noob
Greetings Lanterns. Just an update on my playing. I just finished in Third place in my weekly tournament online. My best placing ever! I even feel like I could have pulled out a tournament victory for the Green team if I had played a bit better. Always trying to improve. Footage to come!