What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He was one of my mains(John Stewart tho) towards the end of INJ1, so I'm definitely going to pick him back up.

From what I'm seeing he has things in his kit that remind me of my favorite aspects of MK9 Ermac and MKX Tremor.

He was one of my mains(John Stewart tho) towards the end of INJ1, so I'm definitely going to pick him back up.

From what I'm seeing he has things in his kit that remind me of my favorite aspects of MK9 Ermac and MKX Tremor.
I'm definitely using him and Black Adam probably firestorm as well as my main characters

Any early impression on him yet?
Honestly from his breakdown he looks pretty dam solid his zoning was the biggest issue he had in 1 is now fixed which really will help him out alot with dominating space control he will be a mix between far and mid distance fighter. Just sad tho that we loss mini gun and turbine to gear exclusive moves those were some of his best moves in 1 but they had to draw the line somewhere I guess lol. Basically I'm thinking high mid tier character we have to see how good those zoning moves are and how he adjusts to his new moves/fighting style

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Any early impression on him yet?
im playing him rn so heres some things i think you should know
AS OF RIGHT NOW (could change with a day 1 patch)

f3 is 28 frames now so everyone can react to it
lanterns might range is nerfed, its about half a step more than b1 range and thats it
to combo after b3 j3 you have to walk forward a bit for 223 to not whiff
his damage output is pretty much the same as IGAU and he still is very meter dependant
his backdash is still useless
overcharged lantern (lantern special that he places on screen) is -8 but if you do a blockstring into it they can poke out like rocket power in IGAU MB is -4
his normals are all exactly the same, nothing new or changed
willpower wall is -14 but mb is -1
basically you cant do a blockstring into a special without being punishable unless you spend a bar which is terrible imo
trait doesnt let you combo off of anything unless you spend a bar, lanterns might how it was in IGAU with trait.

he basically has to spend a bar for everything, to get in, to be safe, to do damage and his damage is still bad, he has no mixups. imo he's worse than he was in IGAU and you al know how i felt about him in that game, i just dont understand why he was nerfed so much when he was already low mid tier. sure he has a better forward dash now and can sort of counterzone but he still gets zoned out so his issue wasnt fixed. idk you guys will see for yourself soon but i wouldnt advise using him competitively unless he gets buffed.

if i spelled anything wrong or made an error its 5 am and i havent slept

Fred Marvel

you guys can be optimistic about him but dont be foolish like TYM was last time. i was 100% right about how bad he was no matter how much they trash talk about me

you guys can be optimistic about him but dont be foolish like TYM was last time. i was 100% right about how bad he was no matter how much they trash talk about me
:( ouch that sucks to hear is it really that bad I planned on him being my 3rd character after my Black Adam and firestorm?

I Played GL couple hours yesterday.

Good:
Great Zonning, but nothing replace Rocket (Damage and air Projectile from air to down corner)
Ambiguous Overhead are still there
b13 close lantern is blockstring (and I think safe like b13minigun in IGAU)

Bad:
Light range is less than IGAU (a lot)
Trait is not to much useuf in combos, just for vanilla combos in IGAU
Overhead a little bit slow, totally reactable
Simple combos, nothing fancy like IGAU no rocket and no turbine

Solid, but a little boring and simple

Fred Marvel

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gross_DR/status/862904221091450881

According to this, his damage is way better. Gl probably just needs some good lab time to find all his dirt.
IS that a video? I'm on my phone and all I see is a pic with him with two bars used lol.
And what dirt? His normals are all the same so we know thesetups unless somehow his new specials have some, maybe in the corner?

And everyone thought Gl was top 5 or 10 in IGAU when it came out and they were all wrong so take everything with a grain of salt, een take what I say with a grain of salt lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
IS that a video? I'm on my phone and all I see is a pic with him with two bars used lol.
And what dirt? His normals are all the same so we know thesetups unless somehow his new specials have some, maybe in the corner?

And everyone thought Gl was top 5 or 10 in IGAU when it came out and they were all wrong so take everything with a grain of salt, een take what I say with a grain of salt lol
It's a pic but apparently he can do 615 damage (midscreen?) with 2 bars and trait.