What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Bes110

Noob
Hi guys. I am new to injustice 2, and new to fighting games in general. I picked up Injustice 2 because I saw a tournament online and it really excited me! As I have been playing, the character I have been playing as is Green Lantern. I was wondering if anyone could offer any tips or advice for the character in general? Thanks!

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I feel like the LM range nerf is being a bit overrated right now. Don't get me wrong it's lame not having the old bullshit range from the first game but 1 backdash + 1 step away is still decent and can still catch many people off guard. Especially now that people believe that LM has literally no range they wont respect it as much.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I feel like the LM range nerf is being a bit overrated right now. Don't get me wrong it's lame not having the old bullshit range from the first game but 1 backdash + 1 step away is still decent and can still catch many people off guard. Especially now that people believe that LM has literally no range they wont respect it as much.
I dunno. Not being able to hit Lantern's might when they are literally sitting in his palm on a read is annoying. I feel like they could have nerfed the horizontal hitbox but kept it at angle instead. But that's me from perosnal gripes of watching it whiff at almost point blank range

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
When I see someone jump at me, I Lantern Might on read/anticipation but it freakin whiffs. While jumping AT ME! But it connects no problem after an ex overcharged lantern? Bruh... -__-

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
They went overboard with the Lantern's Might nerf, I totally get nerfing it's horizontal range but why make it almost useless vertically. It's supposed to be his anti air!

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I find that players I'm watching look way too eager to constantly go for resets rather than max damage. I kind of don't understand it. I can pick out a plethora of times during Combo Breaker where players would go for a reset and the left/right mixup was blocked - now you've left a ton of damage on the floor that you certainly could have used. I understand that there is good reason to go for the resets in certain situations, but it looks like players are always going for them when the better choice many times seems to be to just get the damage while it's 100% guaranteed.

I've also noticed that it seems that hard knockdown > dash up > neutral jump can be punished by a lot of characters if they simply wakeup with a d+2. I need to do more testing on it though.

Vigilante24

I find that players I'm watching look way too eager to constantly go for resets rather than max damage. I kind of don't understand it. I can pick out a plethora of times during Combo Breaker where players would go for a reset and the left/right mixup was blocked - now you've left a ton of damage on the floor that you certainly could have used. I understand that there is good reason to go for the resets in certain situations, but it looks like players are always going for them when the better choice many times seems to be to just get the damage while it's 100% guaranteed.
You are right and it annoys me too. I cry every time a GL gets the first hit and just does b13 trait lift to go for the setup. You could have taken a decent life lead!! If you just have to reset, at least do it after MB Lift so you get a little more damage. Biggest pet peeve is going for a reset when the combo could have killed or put them at chip territory.

I've also noticed that it seems that hard knockdown > dash up > neutral jump can be punished by a lot of characters if they simply wakeup with a d+2. I need to do more testing on it though.
You are right, it does. Ive been blown up for it already, even by online mashing scrubs. Its a gimmick.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Can't we just end most Gl combos in 223 dash up f3 or b1 while keeping all the damage and still doing a reset setup?

Skkra

Can't we just end most Gl combos in 223 dash up f3 or b1 while keeping all the damage and still doing a reset setup?
I'm trying to figure that out myself. As was mentioned above, the setups where you end in 223, dash up and neutral jump can almost ALL be simply d+2'd out of. It's a gimmick and it's not going to work for long, or at high level. I'm not going to create that bad habit for myself. I WILL get in the lab and make notes though - I have about 3 different combos that end in that sequence, and I believe one of them is meaty enough that it's guaranteed they can't simply d+2 out.

I'm working on what you said (quoted above). Optimally I'd love a way to simply put my opponent into a b+1/f+3 50/50... I'd prefer that over some janky fake crossup gimmick, particularly since b+1,3 and f+3 both have so many more options on block.

I'll lab it up a bit and post up my findings tomorrow, with any luck, depending on when my wife gets home since I promised I'd cook tonight haha. Hopefully I have enough lab time once I get outta the office.

Skkra

You are right and it annoys me too. I cry every time a GL gets the first hit and just does b13 trait lift to go for the setup. You could have taken a decent life lead!! If you just have to reset, at least do it after MB Lift so you get a little more damage. Biggest pet peeve is going for a reset when the combo could have killed or put them at chip territory.
I seriously don't understand it. I'd say they're just practicing their setups in a real match but when it's a tournament and you're dropping significant guaranteed damage for an iffy-at-best reset... WHY? It literally makes no sense whatsoever. It is absolutely not worth it to try for a short combo into a reset when the damage you could have done by completing the combo is way higher. ESPECIALLY during the first round. JUST DO MAX DAMAGE.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I seriously don't understand it. I'd say they're just practicing their setups in a real match but when it's a tournament and you're dropping significant guaranteed damage for an iffy-at-best reset... WHY? It literally makes no sense whatsoever. It is absolutely not worth it to try for a short combo into a reset when the damage you could have done by completing the combo is way higher. ESPECIALLY during the first round. JUST DO MAX DAMAGE.
Given that GLs damage isn't crazy high what is the max damage we can get? 300 is the most I've really seen.

Something might be worth doing is b13, 4, LM, 223, mb lm, 223 dash up then either b1, f3, or mb bd/f3 if you expect a wake up. It's 270ish damage which is only losing 30 from the full combo and gives you the hkd still.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I'm not sure how often if at all this is happening to you guys, but if someone's doing MB B3 to punish the gap in B13 you can do B13 into Wall to blow it up instead of B1 into a MB B3 of your own.

Vigilante24

I'm not sure how often if at all this is happening to you guys, but if someone's doing MB B3 to punish the gap in B13 you can do B13 into Wall to blow it up instead of B1 into a MB B3 of your own.
Imma test that out when I can get on. Hope that is the case so we can eliminate an option!

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Given that GLs damage isn't crazy high what is the max damage we can get? 300 is the most I've really seen.

Something might be worth doing is b13, 4, LM, 223, mb lm, 223 dash up then either b1, f3, or mb bd/f3 if you expect a wake up. It's 270ish damage which is only losing 30 from the full combo and gives you the hkd still.
2,2,3 ends in a HKD? And also yeah damage wise GL is kinda butt this time around. It's tough anything past 350 damage that's for sure, and that's WITH using a Bar+Trait.Smh

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Optimally I'd love a way to simply put my opponent into a b+1/f+3 50/50... I'd prefer that over some janky fake crossup gimmick
THIS 1000%. I miss the Turbine setup so much with that in mind too. Ahh the good ol days. Imo GL is most definitely a zoner with some footsies now, in general

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
2,2,3 ends in a HKD? And also yeah damage wise GL is kinda butt this time around. It's tough anything past 350 damage that's for sure, and that's WITH using a Bar+Trait.Smh
I was just testing against Firestorm wake up. After 223 you have time to dash forward before they even get up. From there you either mix or armor

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Alright so after testing this one out. 223 dash up nj3 should only be used on a delay wake up. If they delay it the j3 will hit them as they rise and they're stuck blocking it.