What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Overcharged Lantern: I really like this move, it gives GL more space control than Rocket Power did, it’s a mid and you can decide where to place it. The MB version has a big impact and can catch jumping opponents like Superman trying to do air lasers. The downside is it’s -8 on block so a lot of the cast can poke punish into a combo, which eventually people will catch on to.

Willpower Wall: This is your go to wake-up for catching jump attacks, I have seen the wake-up get stuffed though so use carefully, it’s -14 on block and the mb version is -1 and pushes them at GL’s optimal range. The MB will push your opponent far away so you can zone some.

Other noticeable things: His b13 has a huge hitbox to catch opponents jumping and can follow up with another b13, b13 still has a gap, b13 has a huge recovery on whiff and you’re bound to get punished if you miss the second hit, especially if it gets back dashed. B12 seems much slower than before. B2 is a mid, b23 is + 3 on block. F3 is so much slower than before and is very much reactable. His walkspeed is very good and his forward dash is much better than before. Do not backdash
Watched your match with Acid on the War of the Gods stream. I noticed you used B1,3 into Overcharged Close Lantern a few times is that safe? Is that something we should be using now on block?

Also when his Batman started to get going with his pressure I noticed you didn't push block or try the Willpower Wall on wake up much? Forgot in the heat of the moment or would that not have worked well? Kudos to you tho it was solid play for sure. I'm no tourney player but looking to be so any tips help. I wish GL's combos hurt more! Tough not even being able to hit 40% with a bar AND trait where other characters are netting 45-60+

SamZ

Noob
Green Lantern is pretty fun. His damage is still booty for some reason. It's not like he's a crazy mixup character, and a lot of his new tools changed the character dramatically.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Watched your match with Acid on the War of the Gods stream. I noticed you used B1,3 into Overcharged Close Lantern a few times is that safe? Is that something we should be using now on block?

Also when his Batman started to get going with his pressure I noticed you didn't push block or try the Willpower Wall on wake up much? Forgot in the heat of the moment or would that not have worked well? Kudos to you tho it was solid play for sure. I'm no tourney player but looking to be so any tips help. I wish GL's combos hurt more! Tough not even being able to hit 40% with a bar AND trait where other characters are netting 45-60+
It's - 8 so depending on the poke some characters can punish, b1 lantern is safer. It has decent pushback so it's something you can use to bait whiffed normals,

I didn't pushblock because I haven't practiced it since it's different than INJ1 so that's my fault. I haven't rewatched it in detail but depending on the jump willpower may have whiffed or I may have anticipated mb f3. I also know some things now that I didn't do in that MU. I feel like I threw that set. I thought that tournament was on Sunday not on Saturday so I had not practiced any Match-ups or optimized my combos/setups since I worked all last week including saturday so I'll be better prepared next time.

My tips are to get a lot of sets before the tournament (which I didn't do lol) Online or Offline depending on what type of tournament. Make sure you play on a tournament monitor like a Benq so you don't drop inputs in tournament. Listen to music or whatever gets you in a upbeat mood to deal with any nerves. Don't give a player too much respect in game because they're "known" and if you know your pool ahead of time, look up the players and practice the match up a lot.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Rebelo

Noob
After further investigation and playing nonstop for the last few day and missing 3 day of work just to get back to the level i was at in injustice 1 i must say... Gl Is good and hes more set play now theb he was in injustice1 but over all hes pretty much just as good as he was or just a lil worse. bowl for full screen zoning builds alot of meter the move is actually really good when placed right. My only complaints i have that i think would make him perfect is fix lanterns might to how it use to be and make the bomb -6 instead of -8 and the meter burn verison 0 on block

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
After further investigation and playing nonstop for the last few day and missing 3 day of work just to get back to the level i was at in injustice 1 i must say... Gl Is good and hes more set play now theb he was in injustice1 but over all hes pretty much just as good as he was or just a lil worse. bowl for full screen zoning builds alot of meter the move is actually really good when placed right. My only complaints i have that i think would make him perfect is fix lanterns might to how it use to be and make the bomb -6 instead of -8 and the meter burn verison 0 on block
Damn those changes really would be amazing. What are you doing with him for set play?

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Hey man, are you the Rebelo333 I played on PS4 a couple days ago? That was a good mirror set.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Yea thats me bro
Nice, we gotta play more. In fact we should have a Green Lantern KOTH, I want to see how everyone is playing the character right now.

Side note, is anyone else having an issue connecting 223 after getting a jump in 1 or 3 blocked? Like 85% of the time I just get the 2 and the combo doesn't continue. Idk if it's some kind of buffering issue or what but I know I'm hitting 223 every time.

9_Lives

Noob
I usually end in 223 low boulder if I don't want to end in lift
That's alright damage for him. I'm talking after the knockdown with the traited lift, if I know they're going to delay getup, just go into 2231 and end as plus 1, then poke afterwards. Like less mixing and more honest pressure. It's not revolutionary or anything, I'm just seeing how people handle it when all the mixups from the first game are significantly toned down by this defensive option.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
That's alright damage for him. I'm talking after the knockdown with the traited lift, if I know they're going to delay getup, just go into 2231 and end as plus 1, then poke afterwards. Like less mixing and more honest pressure. It's not revolutionary or anything, I'm just seeing how people handle it when all the mixups from the first game are significantly toned down by this defensive option.
You can bait some wakeups and sleeps with boulder and overcharged lantern. But I'll try out 2231

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Discord kind of defeats the purpose of the forums. Here, I can always read through all of the discussions and tech that people post. If we all just went to Discord then that record of discussion is lost. Just my two cents, though I've seen many others in other character forums put forth my same argument.
It's not lost. Discord has a search feature, much like a forum.