What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Quit asking for "pro players'" opinion on him. 75% of them are simply loud mouths who were good at MK Trilogy and get asked to go on podcasts that only them and the other hosts listen to.
What?

This is incorrect on so many levels, haha

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Yo I'm a filthy Batman player. Any Green Lanterns wanna play? I wanna learn the matchup. I'm on PS4 and Xbox

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Discord kind of defeats the purpose of the forums. Here, I can always read through all of the discussions and tech that people post. If we all just went to Discord then that record of discussion is lost. Just my two cents, though I've seen many others in other character forums put forth my same argument.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Discord kind of defeats the purpose of the forums. Here, I can always read through all of the discussions and tech that people post. If we all just went to Discord then that record of discussion is lost. Just my two cents, though I've seen many others in other character forums put forth my same argument.
I like Discord it can help strengthen communities and people can get their points with other players faster and express all thoughts.

Hmm this is a tuff one cause now black adam can play the netural game with gl now since he has that new fast string plus Adam hardly needs his meter to do high damage combos so as a adam player I can usually save meter for rolls,air tech,meter burn dive kick,meter burn low lightning,or clash. So that makes adam extremely more potent now but I do see that gl can low profile Adam's string with back 13.You do have to be cautious about the speed of Adam's move tho cause it is fast in this match gl only real friend is his zoning meter burn attacks and trying to bait adam in the netural game. But this fight is definitely in Adam's favor but not a complete disaster adam has no good wakeup anymore so hard knock downs is gl best friend to put alot of offense pressure on Adam. You just have to take this fight in a more offensive way and save meter for safe zoning,techs,rolls,and clash.Remember Adam's new string starts off as a high so take advantage do gl 7 frame down 1 into lanterns might for a hard punish or do back13
Black adam is a beast of a character which I'm picking up for some MUs (ehem deathshot) however, if you can do instant air projectiles you can do well vs the character since it'll punish low lightning & divekick attempts because of black adam's tall hitbox.

I like Discord it can help strengthen communities and people can get their points with other players faster and

Black adam is a beast of a character which I'm picking up for some MUs (ehem deathshot) however, if you can do instant air projectiles you can do well vs the character since it'll punish low lightning & divekick attempts because of black adam's tall hitbox.
That is also a viable option plus I find brick wall stop his pressure alot up close and since he has a floaty jump. He most the time gets hit by the wakeup brick wall that is a very useful tool I'll admit I abuse it alot and make people respect it I usually troll people with back 13 into brick wall meter burn for pressure. It has good push back for me usually to go right back into back 13 or do a jumping attack sometimes I even do back 13 into trait buff into brick wall you can even delay the meter burn a bit which can reall troll people thinking they can push you then they are put full screen or if they are in the corner still stuck in it. That move usually helps me put people into the corner it does amazing chip damage. Like I said this fight isn't hopeless just need to let adam know he can't bully gl.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
That's gonna be the make or break for us. Being aware that wall is a decent move and using it in place of other things. B1 wall or b13 wall are some of my favorite things to do

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I don't know if everyone knows this yet but you can do old "turbine" cross ups in the corner using MB roll. Not sure if it's worth the meter but the options there.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I dont understand. Isnt b+1~Wall or b+1,3~Wall very unsafe unless you MB it? Are you just hoping to catch someone trying to push buttons? If they just block, you'll eat a huge punish.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
So ive started taking advantage of his 2231 string for up close pressure since its a little plus and no gap. After d1 on hit i'll go into 223 stagger, 223 Wall MB, and 2231. Easy hitconfirmable string if they wanna keep mashing, and I even use s2 as my counterpoke if I notice my opponents like to d1 on block into buttons since its a 10f mid. Characters with 6f pokes are getting MB F3 after 2231.

This character doesnt feel as strong in the neutral as first game unfortunately but im too comfortable with him to drop him. Just have to adapt I guess.

JDM

Noob
the more i play him the more i like him again. Sure he feels really basic compared to the first injustice, but he's just all around a very solid character.

sure he gets outzoned by pure zoners, but he's also way better up close than they are. and he outzones characters that want to be up close and can fight them up close much better than the pure zoners.

Dam now I'm 3-1 that dam aquaman seems way to safe after combos idk why but gl kept back 3 for some dumb reason that fight seems really hard