What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Have you guys tested blocking it? I've been able to recreate it and when I block it as I do a normal f3 it still gets blocked. I block it cross up and it totally whiffs and it's punishable

Have you guys tested blocking it? I've been able to recreate it and when I block it as I do a normal f3 it still gets blocked. I block it cross up and it totally whiffs and it's punishable

crossed up how i expected it to when i tried but yeah when I go to block the cross up it whiffs so its a bit of a double edged sword. It seems we don't have it as good as Bats, flash and the wonder bitch

idk how practical this would be cuz of the timing, but you can connect ji2 to standing Oa's rocket so u can MB the rocket. You just hit the ji2 at the last second.
So you can do ji2 MB OR f3 ji2 b13 4 LM 223 LM for %44
OR
4 ji2 MB OR f3 ji2 123 LM 22 LM for %50

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
the timing on the d1 is ridiculous :confused:
It's about as difficult as D1'ing after minigun lol. I play on stick though so double tapping makes things like this easier for me.

On a side note, I hate the way the inputs are handled in this game. I can't double tap a normal then cancel it into a special unless it uses the same button as the normal.

Example: I can double tap d1 into lift, but I can't double tap d1 into rocket power. The rocket power won't come out. Stuff like this is aggravating for stick players, along with a PLETHORA of other things I can complain about but I won't turn this into a cryfest lol

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
idk how practical this would be cuz of the timing, but you can connect ji2 to standing Oa's rocket so u can MB the rocket. You just hit the ji2 at the last second.
So you can do ji2 MB OR f3 ji2 b13 4 LM 223 LM for %44
OR
4 ji2 MB OR f3 ji2 123 LM 22 LM for %50
doable but hard to hit confirm, you'd have to commit to throwing the rocket after you land, doing ji2, 22 mb OR would achieve the same thing for 45% damage without trait and you can hit confirm it.

A new swag corner combo now with low starter added:

(Trait active) B1, OR MB, D2, CRP, NJ1, AOR, B13, LM, 2, LM -41%

And a solid BnB with overhead starter added:

F3, NJ2, B23, OR MB, 3, LM -38% No Trait

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
I do a variation of the latter

F3, JI2, B2 3, OR MB, 1 2 3, LM

Like 40% or something. Works midscreen and in corner

hey i saw JDM do this at Youmacon. he did mb LM in the corner Ji3 then he walked forward F3 and it crossed up. i was trying in the lab earlier and it seemed to be fairly consistent.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Also why do all lantern players do b12 trait if the opp blocks they will punish you everytime unless you do lm

Also why do all lantern players do b13 trait if the opp blocks they will punish you everytime unless you do lm
Fixed (B13)

It's not always punished unless, of course, you do a LM from point blank range. I don't believe you should ever do LM on a block B13 Trait. Canceling the trait in MG does fine and leaves you safe. But doing B13 Trait is kind of a "mistake" if I can call it that. It's not hit confirming obviously. Why, of course, would you do trait instead of just hitting B13~ MG? I think once GL players (myself included, I mess up and do this from time to time as well) level up not just in the game and not just with the character, but level up basic FG fundamentals such as hit confirming it won't, or shouldn't, happen.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Whenever anyone cancels b13 trait into mg I punish them with d1

IMO b13 mb or is extreemely underutilized by gl players