What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Think I might have found a way to set up an ambiguous cross up in the corner. Doing a little more testing. Posting a vid soon

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Bleh, false alarm. This isn't as good as I had hoped. But basically it's something fun to experiment with off of a b1 3 xx mini gun in the corner.

Combo is b1 3 xx mini gun, d1 xx mb lift, F3 - 23%

Then do a deep ji3, ji2, or ji1 (preference) to cross up into bnb of choice.
Take like 1/4 of a step back then jump in to not cross up

For WHATEVER reason the F3 in this combo isn't a hard knock down. You could end it at the lift but you'll be using 1 bar for 18% + "okay" damage. Also, the J3 can be timed tighter than what is shown. Ignore my execution

Just throwing this out there though. Maybe you guys can take this further than I did?

High damage meaty set-up.

B1, OR MB, F3, JI2, B13, LM, 223, LM MB, B3~RP -Total damage including if RP hits 56% (RP blocked roughly 48% rounded)

Discuss.

zuurrkk

Using the combo you used in the video I commented on.

Corner:
B13, Trait, OR MB, 3, LM, 223, OR -38%

F3, D2, CRP, NJ2, AOR, B1, LM MB, F3 -34% (hard knockdown for an ambiguous JI3)

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
zuurrkk

Using the combo you used in the video I commented on.

Corner:
B13, Trait, OR MB, 3, LM, 223, OR -38%

F3, D2, CRP, NJ2, AOR, B1, LM MB, F3 -34% (hard knockdown for an ambiguous JI3)
Nj1 is infinitely easier than nj2, is say that's much more practical. Or maybe I don't have the execution to get it down consistently? What I DONT get is why the F3 in that combo is a hard knock down, and not after you've used mini gun in a combo

Nj1 is infinitely easier than nj2, is say that's much more practical. Or maybe I don't have the execution to get it down consistently? What I DONT get is why the F3 in that combo is a hard knock down, and not after you've used mini gun in a combo
You need two F3/B3s in a combo for the last one to be a hard knock down. This combo starting with F3, the last F3 will result in a hard knock down.

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Been playing around with the teleporter in fortress of solitude. This is not completely exclusive to gl, as there might be characters who can utilize this more effectively.

Basically if you combo into it, it's a hard knock down that leaves you really close and crosses up leaving the other guy in the corner.

This is way better if you combo into it off of F3 because you can actually confirm it. Off of b1 3 you're just going to have to commit due to the fact the teleport will come out whether the string is blocked or hit so you might just yolo yourself into the corner with a bad guess. Punishing it is weird, it's a high and can be ducked. I've tried to d1 it, and either of these 3 things happen: I hit invincibility frames and the teleporter is safe, my character model starts to face the opposite direction of the teleporter and he's safe, or I hit him. I've had a lot more of the first two results than actually punishing it. If it's stand blocked it's hella safe. So for all practical purposes I'd say it's safe.

Adding to b1 3: you can use the current meta game of "if I block a b1, I should stand block cause he might do b1 2". You can create silly gimmicks like b1 xx teleport to cross up, etc. it's silly.

Probably not too useful but here it is anyway lol

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Been playing around with the teleporter in fortress of solitude. This is not completely exclusive to gl, as there might be characters who can utilize this more effectively.

Basically if you combo into it, it's a hard knock down that leaves you really close and crosses up leaving the other guy in the corner.

This is way better if you combo into it off of F3 because you can actually confirm it. Off of b1 3 you're just going to have to commit due to the fact the teleport will come out whether the string is blocked or hit so you might just yolo yourself into the corner with a bad guess. Punishing it is weird, it's a high and can be ducked. I've tried to d1 it, and either of these 3 things happen: I hit invincibility frames and the teleporter is safe, my character model starts to face the opposite direction of the teleporter and he's safe, or I hit him. I've had a lot more of the first two results than actually punishing it. If it's stand blocked it's hella safe. So for all practical purposes I'd say it's safe.

Adding to b1 3: you can use the current meta game of "if I block a b1, I should stand block cause he might do b1 2". You can create silly gimmicks like b1 xx teleport to cross up, etc. it's silly.

Probably not too useful but here it is anyway lol
Does it OTG? I know some interactables do...

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Does it OTG? I know some interactables do...
No, at least I don't think it can. Not with the attempts that I made at least. And if it does it's really hard to time to the point where it's not worth it even if you can imo

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Yea 12 rocket mb is the to go punishing tool for those quick negative frame moves such as zatanna's multi kick (non mb), martian grab, lex corp charge, etc.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Aside from using B1,3 to counter KF's pressure another way to beat out meter burn f3 is with a delayed F3 of your own.

sure she can parry this but after establishing the B1,3 counter to all her options after slide this could be a home run when needed.

Big edit coming soon.

Lot of combos in the Beginner-Intermediate are being cut.

Lay out getting a different organization.

Putting back the Character Specific Strategies section

And more.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I did one using an AOR some time ago, while I was trying to create a damaging corner combo that ends with the opponent back in the corner. However, I believe it doesn't worth it, as it's not practical to do in the middle of a match.

Anyway, here it is:

Traited (Corner):
JI3, AOR, B1 x OR MB, B23, LM, 223 - 52%.

You may finish it with a TS and go for the setup if you wish.
What do you guys think of it?
i did that and got 54% :confused: