What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

You mean as an AtA combo..damn why isn't this one in the OP?? Did this one on my 2nd try and it does similar damage if not a bit more than the others,thanx
I'll add it after I play around with it.

With somewhere between 90 and 100 combos listed in the OP on top of strategies it becomes difficult to keep track with what all is or isn't listed. Which is why I rely on you guys to bring it to my attention if I've missed or forgotten anything.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Ahhh the sweet joy of makin someone ragequit. Got a nice request to play so I accepted,he went straight to Scorpion and I went straight to GL....punished that damn teleport with D2 into a full combo all day.LoL =-)

Random question Has anyone passed g.l 35 or 38% combo for strongest meter less combo, I want to have a 40% option no interactables

Think I reached the limit on these combos some just don't feel that practical. J3, b2 oa mb, B3 , j3 , 223 LM is his strongest 1m no trait at 49%. If in trait j3 b2 oa mb b3, j3 ,223 LM, 22 LM is his strongest one meter at 58. Both are mid screen and that is off of an easily avoidable hit without much time to confirm the hit. J3 d1 b13 still seems better for confirming and in case of wake ups, and g.l can not do more than 61% 2 bar as far as I know no interactables

Was my first time looking at the combos, many are dated or irrelevant compared to others. Also dumbest idea that worked for a win. LM mb dash under jump over air oa rocket on way down, into b13 combo. Its fairly hard to block it all

Lol you must have been in pain, I explained that if you do j1 B2 you do not have to delay meterburn for the oa into b3 plus it does more damage and can be done online sorry for the confusion you were doing the atg version probably

Just wondering why no g.L's I see online ever reset black Adam. the wakeups are easy to punish if not in a corner. They Cant roll cause mb LM does not allow it. And black adam players are not used to being severely punished. After mb lantern might you dash under and hold the button you dashed in for one more frame. Then do either an empty jump land and b1 or do a neutral jump j3. Sure the timing on the j3 is somewhat rough, but that is 40% online with 1m so why not abuse it?

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Not a good wake up option unless they jump at you.

There are better uses for your meter.

So crimson what do recommend as a wake up? Don't say mini gun cause I get stuffed out of that more often than not.

So crimson what do recommend as a wake up? Don't say mini gun cause I get stuffed out of that more often than not.
I don't use MG as a wake up unless it follows a tech roll.

And as I said, use LM on wake up if they jump at you or is in the middle of a dash.

Otherwise don't do a wake up move at all. Tech roll then crouch or simply get up crouching. More often than not you can catch them with a D1, especially after a tech roll, and be either +1 on block or +15 on hit.

But this isn't about wake up options. It's about the use of LM MB. I get that it's a way to train your opponent to not wake up (this has been a discussion relentlessly brought up many times in several threads), but frankly it's pretty predictable. Granted you could simply dash or walk forward for the OTG then simply throw them instead of them blocking the OTG, but that's a pretty big risk.

It scales the damage in combos almost to the point of ridiculousness as well leads nowhere except to the predictable OTG or over scaled combos that use too much meter for the damage you're given. For instance, the 43% two bar BnB that I came up day 1 that's very outdated.

LM MB isn't something to do away with completely so don't get me wrong. Some situations merit it like a wake up LM. But it's severely over used and over discussed. I propose we start talking different/newer strategies otherwise the development of this character will plateau and go nowhere.

Endeavor

I don't use MG as a wake up unless it follows a tech roll.

And as I said, use LM on wake up if they jump at you or is in the middle of a dash.

Otherwise don't do a wake up move at all. Tech roll then crouch or simply get up crouching. More often than not you can catch them with a D1, especially after a tech roll, and be either +1 on block or +15 on hit.

But this isn't about wake up options. It's about the use of LM MB. I get that it's a way to train your opponent to not wake up (this has been a discussion relentlessly brought up many times in several threads), but frankly it's pretty predictable. Granted you could simply dash or walk forward for the OTG then simply throw them instead of them blocking the OTG, but that's a pretty big risk.

It scales the damage in combos almost to the point of ridiculousness as well leads nowhere except to the predictable OTG or over scaled combos that use too much meter for the damage you're given. For instance, the 43% two bar BnB that I came up day 1 that's very outdated.

LM MB isn't something to do away with completely so don't get me wrong. Some situations merit it like a wake up LM. But it's severely over used and over discussed. I propose we start talking different/newer strategies otherwise the development of this character will plateau and go nowhere.

I agree but what move do you propose to we use to replace mb lift?

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?

I agree,and also want to see GL evolve in this game since he's my fave hero but I see no possibilities so I can't really suggest anything. Hell most of the tech I use now has come from u guys here on TYM anyways including combos that have LM MB in them

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I agree but what move do you propose to we use to replace mb lift?
I'm guessing Oa's Rocket but that's already used in combos tho,outside of that I don't see many new possibilities

P.S.-Always been jealous of u having the username based off of my fave member of the Lantern Corps.LoL

Endeavor

I'm guessing Oa's Rocket but that's already used in combos tho,outside of that I don't see many new possibilities

P.S.-Always been jealous of u having the username based off of my fave member of the Lantern Corps.LoL
I'm sorry bro I got to him first lol, he is my favorite character in all of DC. Kyle is my dude. I want my KR alt for Gl so bad I can taste it.

For me its not the mb LM that I particularly like, but the properties of the knock down. If someone told me another valid way of causing an untechable knockdown I would be using that instead, since I can end most combos with 22 and reverse their wakeups. As far as the damage scaling, its only a serious scale in certain combos and even though they are over rated, the different forms of resets after it are still viable.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I'm sorry bro I got to him first lol, he is my favorite character in all of DC. Kyle is my dude. I want my KR alt for Gl so bad I can taste it.
Maaaan we may have to fight it out on that one. LoL. He's always been my fave Lantern,better story than the rest,better constructs,personality,raw power..I like Hal and John(I'm black) but Kyle's the main reason why GL is my fave hero. The Torchbearer/The One. I KNEW he was beast when he mastered the entire light spectrum to become God Lantern =-)

Technically I think Kyle at this stage in the comics would body everyone one on one.Haha.I mean....he's God Lantern right now. When it got to the point that the Guardians said he didn't even need to be on patrol for the Corps after he helped resurrect them all and became Ion,etc etc he's just been THE man. I am biased since GL's my fave hero but it's still truth tho

For me its not the mb LM that I particularly like, but the properties of the knock down. If someone told me another valid way of causing an untechable knockdown I would be using that instead, since I can end most combos with 22 and reverse their wakeups. As far as the damage scaling, its only a serious scale in certain combos and even though they are over rated, the different forms of resets after it are still viable.
Turbine Set-up: B1, OR MB, F3, JI2, B13, TRAIT, 223, TS.

Turbine whiffs, 223 is untechable.