What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
you cant really threaten him outside of his zoning range though, thats how it feels.

i really didnt have a clue how to fight him
How I deal with this MU is spamming arrows. Even just GA's 1% arrows. As long as one hits, you'll get rid of his trait for a short amount of time. That's the only way to land an ice arrow. Lex also has slow start ups on all of his moves, besides corpse charge. This is one of the few matches where the Electric Arrow is best. You're also better off at mid-screen. And a blocked corpse charge is a perfect chance for D1+ice arrow. As long as trait isn't up obviously. This is definitely one of GA's tougher MU's imo.

7L

Heads up!
Think I found another 4-6 for Arrow, although I don't wanna call it yet, but Bane could own us as well.
I don't think so, zone like hell. If he gets in and starts doing d1 for the pushback, just backdash and savage blast your way backwards. If he charges, jump back and down arrow on reaction

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't think so, zone like hell. If he gets in and starts doing d1 for the pushback, just backdash and savage blast your way backwards. If he charges, jump back and down arrow on reaction

this became my stratagy the problem was, I couldn't do enough damage for the one time that he would get a knockdown or get in for damage,

D1 gets eaten up by armor, D1 anything was getting fucked, I literally could not get anything going up close because of his excelent knowledge of his character and his venom use, I never seen meatys eat wake ups like he was doing to me as well, it was sick, i was forced to block,

This was all offline, I plan to run it more this weekend, but god damn, it was sad, I was hammered, but I don't use that as an excuse lol.

7L

Heads up!
this became my stratagy the problem was, I couldn't do enough damage for the one time that he would get a knockdown or get in for damage,

D1 gets eaten up by armor, D1 anything was getting fucked, I literally could not get anything going up close because of his excelent knowledge of his character and his venom use, I never seen meatys eat wake ups like he was doing to me as well, it was sick, i was forced to block,

This was all offline, I plan to run it more this weekend, but god damn, it was sad, I was hammered, but I don't use that as an excuse lol.
Just respect him when he knocks you down and fuzzy guard his pressure, just zone your heart out with fire arrows and get as much damage as you can.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Just respect him when he knocks you down and fuzzy guard his pressure, just zone your heart out with fire arrows and get as much damage as you can.

I'll have to do that the whole time, cause nothing, nothing else I was doing was effective.

ando1184

Noob

IDK if anyone else has discovered this but if you pushblock lex when he has armor is gets rid of it. Yes, as GA players we hold on to meter but if you properly zone and capitalize on the lex players mistakes with proper punishes, you should take em down little by little. I hope this helps jimmy

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
IDK if anyone else has discovered this but if you pushblock lex when he has armor is gets rid of it. Yes, as GA players we hold on to meter but if you properly zone and capitalize on the lex players mistakes with proper punishes, you should take em down little by little. I hope this helps jummy

Actually I forgot about that.. That's really good.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Any combo videos for all situations? Whats his corner combos?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
oh yah the other reason I forgot to say you get bopped for even blocking is his fuckin throw bullshit. Fuck Banes face.

ando1184

Noob
oh yah the other reason I forgot to say you get bopped for even blocking is his fuckin throw bullshit. Fuck Banes face.
Like Grundy and shazam's throw traps from their block strings, backdash. Just go into practice mode n set the ai to do those strings then command throw. After that, switch back to GA and practice back dashing or jumping them. This should work.

@ red reaper: Were you able to get a vid about that cyborg MU???

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Like Grundy and shazam's throw traps from their block strings, backdash. Just go into practice mode n set the ai to do those strings then command throw. After that, switch back to GA and practice back dashing or jumping them. This should work.

@ red reaper: Were you able to get a vid about that cyborg MU???

Krayzie recently got his avermedia. I didn't ask him yesterday because I knew he was busy with WNF but I'll ask him today.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
IDK if anyone else has discovered this but if you pushblock lex when he has armor is gets rid of it. Yes, as GA players we hold on to meter but if you properly zone and capitalize on the lex players mistakes with proper punishes, you should take em down little by little. I hope this helps jimmy

Apparently if you push block his armor he recovers faster and kan punish you... Revolver told me this.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Haven't post in the forums but I thought I'll start with this. This is highlights from a King of the Hill lobby I ran with friends. Most of it or at least the beginning is Bane gameplay, but the Green Arrow on this lobby is godlike shout-outs to TheFuture UFO; enjoy.

EDIT: Forgot to tag the players-Can't find the rest of ya, my bad. I also post it this video within the Bane forums, hope you guys don't mind

@Grr
@prycemonsta
@MILE_HIGH_CLUB

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Haven't post in the forums but I thought I'll start with this. This is highlights from a King of the Hill lobby I ran with friends. Most of it or at least the beginning is Bane gameplay, but the Green Arrow on this lobby is godlike shout-outs to TheFuture UFO; enjoy.

EDIT: Forgot to tag the players-Can't find the rest of ya, my bad. I also post it this video within the Bane forums, hope you guys don't mind

@Grr
@prycemonsta
@MILE_HIGH_CLUB

I don't know why they're not blocking after Freeze into Load Arrow..

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Apparently if you push block his armor he recovers faster and kan punish you... Revolver told me this.
There's actually no recovery whatsoever. You push block, you go into push block animation, lex doesn't and you get raped. Ga literally has no solid way to stop lex armor from mid to close range without taking a huge risk and burning 2 bars. Not to mention d1 whiffs on lex forward dash.

Reactions: 7L

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
There's actually no recovery whatsoever. You push block, you go into push block animation, lex doesn't and you get raped. Ga literally has no solid way to stop lex armor from mid to close range without taking a huge risk and burning 2 bars. Not to mention d1 whiffs on lex forward dash.

Oh yeah. I remember that. Same thing happens against Doomsday...

So dumb...

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!

a set with Nick Cymru (Aquaman) absolutely hate this match up, was very hard work. give it a watch and critique away

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Any tips for fighting The Flash? My friend plays him lately, and it's annoying. Well, he always plays annoyingly. Basically what he does is...

Plays really defensively. (With The Flash? WTF?)
Gets in with his MB Headbutt, straight into D1 if I block it.
After every mixup I block, he goes straight into D3. Which the only thing I can interrupt that with online is D1. But since he's holding down, he blocks my D1.
D3's all day. Shakes my arrows. Always headbutt on wakeup, so straight back into the D1 bullshit. This makes my 111 and 113 starters completely useless the way he plays. Nothing high hitting will ever hit him.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I don't know why they're not blocking after Freeze into Load Arrow..
I'm not too sure but I vs. UFO myself and he has really good mix-ups and set-ups so blocking his freeze arrows wasn't the problem but when he loops you and follows up with a freeze shot, that is.

Hello! Can someone please help a noob? I have trouble defeating catwoman. I've seen here and there that it is an easy match up for green arrow, but i just can't win, neither online nor against ai. I know i am a terribad player, but still, out of about 70 games against ai on hard i won only once or twice, and i usually defeat superman/aquaman/batman on hard on second-third attempt tops. It's even worse online, i can't even take out the first life bar.
My usuall tactic is to stay as far away as i can, spamming savage blast and waiting for a moment to launch ice arrows and do a small combo (b3, j3, 33 or a similar one). It all goes relatively well, until i make a mistake (like registering d2 instead of savage blast) and then i get pummeled, usually until life bar ends. I can't block (i guess because of mix ups), can't do wake up attacks (i don't know how, heh), can't dodge or anything.
So what am i doing wrong? I don't have even remotely similar problems with any other char

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I'm not too sure but I vs. UFO myself and he has really good mix-ups and set-ups so blocking his freeze arrows wasn't the problem but when he loops you and follows up with a freeze shot, that is.

Yeah. That gets into some people's heads. It was really getting into Slayer's head when I was doing that to him at Evo. The thing about that though is that he's sacrificing a lot of damage for that pressure. If people are patient then he ends up losing more than he's gaining in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.